eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > How to

Notices

How to Stuck for an answer to "How to do .."?

Old December 17th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
How to fix this car problem?

Guys I am running into a weird problem for the last few days (not every day though). During winters, I normally remote start my car (Honda Odyssey) from the living room. For some reason, by the time I step-out about 10 minutes later, my husbands car would be running too! This has happened at least 8 times that I know of. I manually switch his car off (have to use the key). His car is Mitz lancer. Is it possible that my car is talking to his car? I thought these computer programmed remote starts work only for the car for which its been programmed and with the set of keys present in the car? What am I missing?
Old December 17th, 2014, 06:27 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How to fix this car problem?

I donno if its the same issue, but I had this car which would open from other people's remote.
Old December 17th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I donno if its the same issue, but I had this car which would open from other people's remote.
which car was it, if you dont mind sharing? I just dont want this car to have any security issues.
Old December 17th, 2014, 06:51 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
which car was it, if you dont mind sharing? I just dont want this car to have any security issues.
Was in India.. a 118 NE

I returned from watching a movie and the thing was open, I didn't have a remote with me. Happened a few times more, then I changed the locks.
Old December 17th, 2014, 06:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Was in India.. a 118 NE

I returned from watching a movie and the thing was open, I didn't have a remote with me. Happened a few times more, then I changed the locks.
Oh ok. thanks.

Should I be taking the car back to the dealers to get it checked? Hubby isnt in town and I am starting to get worried about his car (and mine).
My initial thought was that maybe we had left a spare key from Honda in his car but I couldnt find it.
Both starters are by Viper. I am at a loss as to what could be causing this. i havent noticed if its getting unlocked too, damn. I just clicked unlock button even before checking. damn damn.
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:08 AM

call Viper .. or the people that installed it.. I'm guessing BestBuy or some such store.
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
call Viper .. or the people that installed it.. I'm guessing BestBuy or some such store.
The body shop guys that deal with Honda installed it. Lancer's installation was done by Mitz dealers. Viper isnt really helpful. Its hard to get a human being to speak with you.
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:38 AM

Quote:
The body shop guys that deal with Honda installed it. Lancer's installation was done by Mitz dealers. Viper isnt really helpful. Its hard to get a human being to speak with you.
I did a quick google search but didn't find anything that had same issue.. But if it happened to you, its prolly not the first time, so should be on the tech forums for sure.

The car opening with the remote should mostly be an unrelated issue.
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I did a quick google search but didn't find anything that had same issue.. But if it happened to you, its prolly not the first time, so should be on the tech forums for sure.

The car opening with the remote should mostly be an unrelated issue.
ya, i dont think the is getting unlocked. Its just turns itself on. it sounds dirty when I put it this way. I am unable to find better words.
Old December 17th, 2014, 07:43 AM

Quote:
ya, i dont think the is getting unlocked. Its just turns itself on. it sounds dirty when I put it this way. I am unable to find better words.
that way the whole thread is kinda dirty..

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; December 17th, 2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old December 17th, 2014, 09:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

I think this problem is not uncommon. A lady was trying to find her car by pressing remote button and some other car was making noise. She showed it to me - she was right beside her car but some other car parked in another corner was making noise as well!
Old December 17th, 2014, 09:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I think this problem is not uncommon. A lady was trying to find her car by pressing remote button and some other car was making noise. She showed it to me - she was right beside her car but some other car parked in another corner was making noise as well!
What the hell?! How come these dealers make such a big fuss about reprogramming and bla bla bla when they cant even prevent some otehr car to errrrr hmmmm turn on?

What can be the fix for this? I have booked an appointment with the dealers but its not until after New Years. 15 minutes of running another car for no good reason? Sounds pretty bad.
Old December 17th, 2014, 12:26 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Aashikaji ... bring the car to professional people. Gone are the times when you could gather a few tools and walked into the garage to fix minor bugs ...
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old December 17th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
Aashikaji ... bring the car to professional people. Gone are the times when you could gather a few tools and walked into the garage to fix minor bugs ...
no no, we didnt install it ourselves. The so called professional programmed it.
I had been doing a little research and as strange as it sounds, it seems like its possible for the 2 cars to start if they are using the same frequency at the same time. Never heard about rolling codes before today but then, I have never known about Pluto not being a planet until recently either. We learn something new each day.

As I was saying, as uncommon as it sounds, its possible that the cars are using the same frequency. Anyway, I am making an appointment with the guy who installed the system.