eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Closed Thread

Old August 3rd, 2001, 09:05 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
These are the requirements I got today.

So check it out anyone intersetd let me know.. specifically sutradhar and home sick. And no I am not going to make this a regular practice or else echarcha will become a dice.com thingy and that is not the intension. Any emails/resumes will have to contain your echarcha ID in the subject for me to even consider opening the email.

Sunit.. If you think this is wrong thread on my part or I am misusing echarcha please feel free to delete it.. I am not advertising or plugging anything this is just to see if I can help the echarchans who are trying hard to find jobs.

You can reply to this thread or send me email (ravikumar@dbconsultinc.com) and we will go from there.

1. Quality Assuarance Engineer Required :

Key requirements:
* Web server Testers worked with IIS, Apache
* Knowledge in any Web testing tool preferable WEB BENCH
* Should be able to installation and.configuration of Severs.
* Have worked in Unix and NT Platform
*Experience in TCP/IP

Duration : 3 months.

2. Job title: Perl programmer
Length of employment: 4 to 6 mos
Description:
Customize third-party Perl software for deployment of web-based application. Mentor two junior Perl programmers to assist with development and maintain the site. First phase of the system already deployed.
Required skills: Strong Perl/CGI , Shell Scripting

Desired skills: Good analytical and communication skills,

Also need to have strong javascript, html

3) 5 Postions open as of Now.
Start Aug 13, 2001. 12 mo Proj.
Rate: Keep it low.

Project Responsibilities: Responsible for the design and development of different components of a J2EE-based application. The individual should be able to implement existing use-cases and will be directly involved in thedesign, construction and testing phases. Required Skills and Experience:

Very strong in object-oriented design and programming.
A minimum of 3 years of work experience in using server-side java.
A minimum of 2 years of experience in developing J2EE components like servelet, JSP, EJB,JMS.
Extensive experience with object-oriented analysis and design using UML for for Java development.
Able to examine and select Java patterns and application frameworks to meet application needs.
Indepth knowledge and experience of using XML, SQL, JDBC and working with databases like DB2.
Preferred Skills and Experience (Candidates with these additional skills and experience will be preferred over candidates who only meet the Required Skills):
Experience in designing/developing applications using the following products:
Weblogic application server.
TopLink for object persistence.
Visual Age.
Rational Rose.
Messaging software like MQSeries.
4 year Degree in Computer Science

5. Quality Assuarance Engineer Required :
Key requirements:
1.) at least 4 years of software QA experience in the internet / web applications space.
2.) Masters or Bachelors in CS or EE.
3.) Strong knowledge of NT, IIS and a major Unix flavor ( Linux or Solaris) and other web servers like IWS or Apache using SSL.
4.) Strong on TCP/IP.
5.) IPSec knowledge and knowledge of other security protocols and applications would be a plus.

Duration : 3 months.

6. Duration: 6 months contract
Skills: Vitria BusinessWare EAI, Adexa APS, i2, Sybase 11, and SAP

Description:

The candidate will be responsible for deploying a new, first-time instance of EAI.
The EAI module from the BusinessWare suite is the only module being implemented.

Requirements to submit resume:
(1). 2 years industry-proven experience in Vitria BusinessWare EAI (Enterprise Application Integration) layer
(2). Experience in database connectors;
(3). Cross-platform integration skills in variety of platforms in both the Legacy and Enterprise realms;
(4). Prior experience in BusinessWare EAI implementation, installation, and configuration in an industrial environment;
(5). Adexa APS, with an emphasis on I2; Sybase 11, and SAP;
(6). Prior experience in data architecture and modeling in an industrial manufacturing
environment.
Old August 3rd, 2001, 09:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

shahenshah will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up wow

great service GpeL...!!!!!!!
I mean we certainly could have another category for job postings if needed..all major newsgroups(usenet) have job postings too...
i think this is a good way to exchange info ..esp in these tough times...
Old August 3rd, 2001, 09:17 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Shanshah bhai.. looking at Home sicks resume I feel guilty that I am not even close to calling myself half as qualified as he is.. when I can be on a project I am certain he can be too and I will try to keep updating this one single post till these two echarcha and Home sick start smiling again.. (Ofcourse if sunit allows me to do so).
Old August 3rd, 2001, 09:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

shahenshah will become famous soon enough
capn-goodheart-dept

good show and noble intentions..
i do not see how such a thread will interfere with normal echarcha activities..only the interested click here..
if anybody has any better ideas sure we can try a a diff way..till then this is good...
Old August 3rd, 2001, 09:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

This is really a grand gesture, brother.

God bless you GpeL.
Old August 3rd, 2001, 09:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

risingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura aboutrisingsun has a spectacular aura about
yeah thats really commendable GPeL. I certainly hope Sunit too thinks so and does not delete this thread.

we should have a jobs forum too.
Old August 3rd, 2001, 09:25 AM
Pelu Pelu

Yaar grand vaand kuch nahi.. ab mere ko un requirement se koi faidaa to hai nahi.. ab koi apnaa faida utaa legaa us se to what goes my father (mere baap ka kyaa jaata hai) ?
Old August 3rd, 2001, 09:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
gpel bhai,

while this seems like a good idea, I would hate for this to be a precedent with people posting jobs and resumes here every day

Am closing this thread, but not deleting it. Just as a suggestion to all, please use the PM function for this. I know most of the people here are responsible. The problem is that if new people come in and see this and start posting jobs, how can we tell them not to do the same ??

Hope you understand ...

cheers