eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Indian Politics

Notices

Indian Politics Our national time-pass!

Old February 21st, 2001, 02:58 PM
Junior eCharchan

gandu_chief is on a distinguished road
hey guys, everyone (including me) of us say at one time or the other that USA has this system and India should also follw the same system or this rule should be there in India also... and so on.

If you are given a choice to adopt any one system/rule/law from any other country and implement in India, what would it be? You can choose from ANY foreign country, not only USA.

I'd go for : "Two Party System in Parliament"
Old February 21st, 2001, 03:05 PM
Aashiq hoon baharon ka

perfect_storm is on a distinguished road
Two party system is really good (me2 favour same but I would like some well educated and cultured persons on those 2 party, if not all memeber at least in the higher post of that party) but again it just like a MIRACLE as Babri Masjid solution.

What do u think if we do vice-versa, I mean get India's population to any other foreign country and then RUN that same successfull system afterwards on the same country.

What do you think How long it will work ?
Old February 21st, 2001, 03:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
gandu_chief,

even the US does not have a 2 party system. There is the reform party and the green party. Admittedly, they are too small to compete with the big boys because of a lack of support. So that is not a law, just circumstance.

I would recommend another system from the US, and that is direct presidential (or in our case PM) election. The PM then fills his cabinet with experts and not politicians (they dont have to be elected). This way, every person gets to select the person who they want as PM, and not the local guy (the local guy might be good locally, but his party may have no standing in the parliament in the current case). I think this will automatically lead us to a 2 or 3 party system. It will also prevent reelections till the term is complete as there is no concept of a no-confidence vote. Also, horse trading of MP's and "3 legged stool" governements would go away. I see a win-win situation.

Old February 21st, 2001, 03:12 PM
Aashiq hoon baharon ka

perfect_storm is on a distinguished road
Smelly that direct PM election system is really very good but problem in India is hell number of political parties and it's very very difficult to have 2 or 3 parties. Other problem is our politician are not liable with party or with country, they only looks the top positions and if they are not getting it they will form a new party.
Old February 21st, 2001, 03:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
perfect,

that is exactly the point. Let them form a new party. It does not matter. Whoever gets the most votes for the PM post will be PM and will appoint cabinet ministers. He does not need the support of any party. I am not saying cut it down to 2 or 3 parties. I am saying, that for the PM election, only 2 or 3 parties will be able to put up candidates that are nationally viable. It will automatically head that way.
Old February 22nd, 2001, 03:03 PM
Junior eCharchan

gandu_chief is on a distinguished road
What about the concept of proportionate voting. Every voter will select three persons in his/her priority order. Counting for all the candidates should be first based on first chosen vote. Lets say A gets 40 votes, B gets 35 votes and C gets 25. Since no one got the majority, go for the second priority voted candidate that is count all the votes cast to C for their second choice of the candidate. Lets say out of those 25, 20 go to B and 5 go to A. That means A now has 45 votes and B has 55, thus B got the majority and hence the winner.

The point here is that although C is liked by 25 persons, but still its the least liked person, so all those persons should opt for a second candidate. It should go this till you get the majority.

yaar waise to log bahut chilaate hain ki India mein aisa hona chahiye ya waisa hona chahiye, par ab koi bol hi nahin raha?