eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old January 6th, 2011, 03:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What if Eklavya had said no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
But how can it be called a deception? Dont we all learn from someone so that we find a livelihood?
You are learning because it was taught. You paid for he book you read. Is watching pirated DVD movies OK ?
Old January 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
They were convicted by a trial court in Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, and sentenced to one-year imprisonment. However, Aurangabad bench of the Bombay HC acquitted them.

This would never have happened if the towns were called differently. Common Shiv Sena... rename them to Sambajinagar or whatever fast. Put an end to such tragedies

My theory on Eklavya: No man would ever chop of a body part. Really... would I? No. Would you? I think not. Then why would Eklavya? Eklavya did say no. Then Drona had his henchmen... err.. pupils catch Eklavya and string him out... and Drona himself took his sword and chopped of Eklavya's thumb. But to save himself his name he created the theories that the thumb was an offering... guru dakshina.

How do I know all this... I am saneless

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old January 8th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post
You are learning because it was taught. You paid for he book you read. Is watching pirated DVD movies OK ?
Of course watching a pirated dvd is not OK. but if you demand my thumb for that, no one with thumb will be left. Am I not correct?
Old January 8th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Mahabharat and to some extent Ramayan do not hide facts and report without distortion. Ram killed Bali while hiding behind a tree, this could have been hidden but simply stated.

Karna's sacrifice is much bigger than Eklavya's . His Guru was stupid enough to curse him for taking Pain for him. Parshuram was a fickle minded person as Ganga Putra Bheeshma was himself a Kshatriya and who was his Disciple.

So his stand of not teaching Kshatriya was violated by him only. Beside Karna do not know who he was, he shought himself to be Sudra and was punished for being a Kshtriya and that too with his life.

Drona was a strict guy. His friendship and betrayal of Drupada made him hard.
He later killed Drupada also in thee war.

Mahabharat shows extreme differences in relation ships, like Friendship of Sudama and Krishna and that of Drupad and Drona.

Eklavya's story is quoted because it can get Votes . Copy Right violation is a serious crime for every class.

Last edited by Randheer; January 8th, 2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old January 8th, 2011, 07:57 PM
Senior eCharchan

Randheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond reputeRandheer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Of course watching a pirated dvd is not OK. but if you demand my thumb for that, no one with thumb will be left. Am I not correct?
Archery Skill was a matter of Life and Death for a Warrior . Its like Core Competency and Itellectual Property of a company for which a company can sue others for millions.

Drona could have killed Eklavya for that but he let him go.

But for Brahmin Bashing and to get Votes, Dronacharya will always be blamed instead of being praised for his generosity
Old January 9th, 2011, 12:36 PM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute

A 'must see' type video

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old January 9th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

eklavya would have been better sculptor than an artist.Everytime i read a pirctorial story of eklavya as a kid,they showed a perfect clay dronacharya made by him...

i wish there were career counselling then.Losing a thumb is not good for an archer as well as sculptor.He really screwed his life,still became a legend.Everyone knows him as a thumbless obedient shishya..