eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old April 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: To Satya Sai Baba devotees: sorry for your loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Why all this fuss. His followers are happy that he will be born again. Read this.
reminds me of a song ...

(yeh duniya oot patanga
kite hath te kite tanga
ate kukdi dindi baanga
ede chakde phatte

yeh duniya khel tamasha
ethhe jeene ki bhasha
kanu khich pich tan ke shoo shaa
ede chakde phatte)-2

(chakde chakde chakde chakde chakde phatte)-3

(yeh duniya mast kalandar
taa ate utte bethha bandar
samjhe apnoo sikandar
ede chakde phatte

yeh duniya vaari vaari
chakde saare nar naari
tu kahnoo baniya bhikhari)-2
ede chakde phatte

(chakde chakde chakde chakde chakde phatte)-3

DHUR PHITTE MOO

(yeh duniya oot patanga
kite hath te kite tanga
ate kukdi dindi baanga
ede chakde phatte

yeh duniya khel tamasha
ethhe jeene ki bhasha
kanu khich pich tan ke shoo shaa
ede chakde phatte
Old April 28th, 2011, 08:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
You can go back and check, I have said RIP too almost blindly ... So I dont claim that I am enlightened (that by itself is testimony to the fact that the light has not dawned) ... have never claimed that and do not really know about it ...

I have raised this question now, because I feel it absurd ... I dont know about death ... I dont know about soul and definetly I dont know about processes that happen after death ... I am saying based on this understanding, how can you or anyone of us claim to RIP.
OK...so you don't know the concept of RIP. in that case, why are you saying it is not needed? Maybe it indeed is and you are failing to understand that.
And I have mentioned about the second aspect which is peace ...

You are stuck at my mock icon and I know that if I apologize now (although from my perspective I wouldnt mean it for it is out of place and also that words have never consoled anyone), you would still not introspect about why RIP is needed ...
I am not stuck with the icon. I have moved on.You dont have to apologize to anyone and certainly not to me. I only wanted you to realize that after all you are exhibiting an ego. Again, you refuse this. How it comes across is quite different though.
the point of argument is this ... if you cant explain it, say so and then investigate, may be you will find something ... I cant explain death or peace after death, so it is worth investigating ..
I already explained it. RIP is an expression which is used by the living, blessing the dead. Obviously its too much for you to understand that. Thats ok too.

As for me, I genuinely believe that a soul would find peace in a blessing. positive thoughts...according to me, it goes a long way.
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:00 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post
Yes - we can prove it. The dead cannot hear!!!! Period! Neither can they read
How, please elaborate ...

you remind me of a TV episode from Hum Log where Basesar Ram is questioning his wife what to do and he expects that the garland waving means yes and not waving means no ...
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:02 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
well, we cant prove it either ... that the dead can hear or not ... and even if they hear, we cant prove that these words "rest in peace" will suddenly make them turn peaceful ...

So this courtesy business is what my friend badriji says "a dime a dozen" ...

The arguement was never about whether we are extending a courtesy ... You will see that Rakhji is not talking about courtesy ... She thinks that the soul can be comforted by such words ... and I dont see the point ... nothing external can comfort us when we are alive, how do you think you can comfort permanently by saying rest in peace ... doesnt rest in peace means now rest (which means permanent because it is after death) and peace ... permanent peace ... I too would want to have it, if it comes so cheap ...
u r giving too much importance to words. those words could also mean - 'now that r gone, the rest r/willbe in peace'. its not about words here, its about the unsaid behind those words.
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:04 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I already explained it. RIP is an expression which is used by the living, blessing the dead. Obviously its too much for you to understand that. Thats ok too.

As for me, I genuinely believe that a soul would find peace in a blessing. positive thoughts...according to me, it goes a long way.
an expression? ... which one like this , when did this happen the sudden change from reality to expression and then to belief (an assumption) ...

I am sorry I bothered if your beliefs are hurt .. this needs apology ...

this reminds me of a joke ... (may be it applies, if not you can still laugh, it is better than being blessed and having positive thoughts) ...

Quote:

I have heard a small story:
In a school, a Christian missionary school, the teacher asked the children, "Who is the greatest man in history?"
An American boy says, "Abraham Lincoln."
A Mohammedan boy says, "Hazrat Mohammed."
A Hindu girl says, "Lord Krishna."
And so on and so forth...and finally, the little Jewish boy stands up and says, "Jesus Christ."
The teacher could not believe her ears -- the Jew and saying Jesus Christ? She asked, "Do you really mean that?"
He said, "That is not the question. In my heart of hearts I know it is Moses -- but business is business."
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

yeah what ever....I dont want to continue this discussion anymore. When you refuse to see a point no matter how i try to explain, whats the point in even trying for you?
So...let my argument RIP.
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How, please elaborate ...

you remind me of a TV episode from Hum Log where Basesar Ram is questioning his wife what to do and he expects that the garland waving means yes and not waving means no ...
To hear one must have a funtioning eardrum, cochlea, cilia and most importantly a brain to decode the vibrations that these send along. If you are dead, your brain is not functioning. Plus, if you have been buried or burnt, chances are that the other little body parts needed to complete this feat of hearing are burnt or decomposed too.

So, the dead cannot hear.
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:08 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeaceSeeker View Post
u r giving too much importance to words. those words could also mean - 'now that r gone, the rest r/willbe in peace'. its not about words here, its about the unsaid behind those words.
what is unsaid behind the words, please elaborate, I did not get it ...

now that someone else is dead, let me wish pour water in the air and quench their thirst ...

in real life that does not happen, have you ever tried quenching your thirst by asking the other please offer water in empty space ...

Ps bhai, what you are referring to, I know I get it, but that is not what RIP is doing ... A person who wants to feel and convey the unsaid is genuine about death and life and wouldnt say RIP, may be something else ... It is not a mass phenomenon, where everyone standsup or assumes to be whenever they hear a national song as a sign of patriotism ...
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
yeah what ever....I dont want to continue this discussion anymore. When you refuse to see a point no matter how i try to explain, whats the point in even trying for you?
So...let my argument RIP.
no problem, I dont want you to force yourself to continue .. now that would be bad ...
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:09 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
To hear one must have a funtioning eardrum, cochlea, cilia and most importantly a brain to decode the vibrations that these send along. If you are dead, your brain is not functioning. Plus, if you have been buried or burnt, chances are that the other little body parts needed to complete this feat of hearing are burnt or decomposed too.

Good one smelly ...
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:10 AM
In search of peace!

PeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond reputePeaceSeeker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
what is unsaid behind the words, please elaborate, I did not get it ...

now that someone else is dead, let me wish pour water in the air and quench their thirst ...

in real life that does not happen, have you ever tried quenching your thirst by asking the other please offer water in empty space ...

Ps bhai, what you are referring to, I know I get it, but that is not what RIP is doing ... A person who wants to feel and convey the unsaid is genuine about death and life and wouldnt say RIP, may be something else ... It is not a mass phenomenon, where everyone standsup or assumes to be whenever they hear a national song as a sign of patriotism ...
after life is different than 'real' life.
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
after life is different than 'real' life.
Yes - because one is real and the other is not.
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:25 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You beat me to it, Smelfillgear pai... and in a very apt way. This is something I wanted to point out... if we have a (re-incarnating or not) soul and that soul can hear, see, taste, feel and what not... then why do we have all these elaborate equipment on our bodies... all these mechanisms of hearing... seeing... moving... etc When we die or if we lose the ability of one or more of these mechanisms then how does that affect the soul

For e.g. let's say I get paralyzed below our waist... I cannot walk around. Will this mean that when I die my soul will just flop down around me and lay there

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:31 AM
In search of peace!

Quote:
Yes - because one is real and the other is not.
of course only one can be 'real'. if we agree on that, why the tofu r we trying to gauge one by parameters of other? i mean in that life may be one hears thru nose. or may be hearing is not needed at all, the 7th sense fulfills all purposes
Old April 28th, 2011, 09:48 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
of course only one can be 'real'. if we agree on that, why the tofu r we trying to gauge one by parameters of other? i mean in that life may be one hears thru nose. or may be hearing is not needed at all, the 7th sense fulfills all purposes
7th sense? So you are assuming that in that life you will have 7 senses, including all our existing ones plus 2 new ones

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless