eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old May 19th, 2006, 11:34 PM
Banned

Mona is on a distinguished road
Opinions

2gud's comment on his 'hum sab dost' post made me come up with this-

1. How much time you guys take to form an opinion about someone here on echarcha? And on what bases you form those opinoins?

Sorry cynic realised what i missed after reading your reply.

Last edited by Mona; May 20th, 2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old May 20th, 2006, 12:52 AM
Cynic

Re: Opinions

it takes 10 minutes to an year.

bases
Mother tongue
Geographical region
Education
Family background
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:34 AM
Banned

2ka4 is on a distinguished road

Mona it took me a few post to judge the quality of people here.

Last edited by 2ka4; May 20th, 2006 at 03:56 AM.
Old May 20th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Banned

2ka4 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
it takes 10 minutes to an year.

bases
Mother tongue
Geographical region
Education
Family background
So how about you. You look like a senior to us.
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:14 AM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

It could be very few posts but for some members it might take few months....My basis to form opinion is strictly what he/she speaks...what attitudes it reflects.
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:14 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ka4
Mona it took me a few post to judge the quality of people here.
That reflects more on your quality than others'... right?!
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:28 AM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_to_surf
It could be very few posts but for some members it might take few months....My basis to form opinion is strictly what he/she speaks...what attitudes it reflects.
What do you tell of people who infer/extrapolate even if there is not enough information to base a judgment?

Does using cussing/swear words (that is all that is offensive one can do on net) make anyone anymore assertive than she/he is?

If indeed someone leaves a very offending comment (based on his extrapolated opinion on you), what is the best stance you can take among thsese

1. Ignore his/her comments but still keep responding to other sensible comments and those which are in the context of the thread, thus showing politely you don't care a hoot

2. Let the offending comment affect you by
a) Either making you reply with much more acrimonious diatribe
b) Making you leave the site, you can leave the site for other reasons, but should this be that reason
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud
What do you tell of people who infer/extrapolate even if there is not enough information to base a judgment?

Does using cussing/swear words (that is all that is offensive one can do on net) make anyone anymore assertive than she/he is?

Absolutely it doesnot..talking in just plain words of your true belief is good enough to make the point.

If indeed someone leaves a very offending comment (based on his extrapolated opinion on you), what is the best stance you can take among thsese

1. Ignore his/her comments but still keep responding to other sensible comments and those which are in the context of the thread, thus showing politely you don't care a hoot I pick this option.But by nature I am sensitive it sure takes me some time to recover.

2. Let the offending comment affect you by
a) Either making you reply with much more acrimonious diatribe
b) Making you leave the site, you can leave the site for other reasons, but should this be that reason
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:52 AM
We change, values don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_to_surf
I pick this option.But by nature I am sensitive it sure takes me some time to recover.
Why should it affect you at all? Those comments reflect more on the commentor than on you.

By experience I found indifference is the best weapon to irritate and psyche-out such people and I bet you will have the last laugh
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud
Why should it affect you at all? Those comments reflect more on the commentor than on you.

By experience I found indifference is the best weapon to irritate and psyche-out such people and I bet you will have the last laugh
Inspite of this understanding it still does..I am working on it...and yes listening your statement sure is one step ahead in getting less sensitive... Few more fights I witness then I am full Rough and Tough.
Old May 20th, 2006, 09:33 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

Indifference to comments which are downright meant only and only to insult and infuriate is the best stance i guess.... u just boil ur own blood and spoil ur own time arguing with such people....

Am not very judgemental so avoid forming opinions on people till i know them well....u just get to know thoughts on some topics via posts here...how can you form overall opinion....?

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Last edited by dollyg; May 20th, 2006 at 09:38 AM.
Old May 20th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollyg
Indifference to comments which are downright meant only and only to insult and infuriate is the best stance i guess.... u just boil ur own blood and spoil ur own time arguing with such people....

Am not very judgemental so avoid forming opinions on people till i know them well....u just get to know thoughts on some topics via posts here...how can you form overall opinion....?
that someone is my e-cousin on this website