eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Recipe Corner

Notices

Recipe Corner Share your tried-and-tested favourite recipes...

Old June 6th, 2001, 05:39 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Where did that go... my promise for a good Pickle.. here it is..

Are yaar.. kyon delete kar diye vo pickle waala.. because I did not give the vidhi? I told you folks I will when I come back.. now here it goes.

Ingredients

: Green Mango (pref. Very sour. 1 large mango will be good for 4 people single serve).
: Methi seeds 2 teaspoon
: Mirchi powder 3 Teaspoons (I like it spicyer.. this is a milder version.. I use 4 teaspoons)
: Salt 1 Teaspons (but vary it to suite your taste)
: Mustard seed
: Oil (for a liberal tarka about 1 and half table spoon).

Procedure.

Chop Mango into small pieces (about rectangle of 1 cm length and a width of about half centimeter). Take a frying pan and fry the methi (bhun lena in hindi) just dry no oil required. When done powder the methi the finer the better. Mix the mango, mirchi powder, methi powder and salt and mix it well. Even at this stage, the smell will be apitising enough to force you to taste it.. go ahead.. you will find out if the methi/mirchi is too much/too little etc.

Take the oil (about 1 and half table spoons) in a pan and put mustard in it and heat.. wait for the mustards to pop. Pour the oil with mustard over the mango mix you just made. Mix well.. Thats it. you are done.

This pickle goes well with Rice, Roti etc. and generally as a side dish and is a quick one to make. It will stay (depending on the level of spice.. more spicy longer) atleast a couple of days. Take care to use a completely dry spoon or it will go bad soon. No need to refridgerate but does not hurt to put it in the fridge.

Last edited by GpeL; June 6th, 2001 at 07:12 PM.
Old June 6th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
HI...

We really run on the good graces of GandMasti.Com and so we cannot just use up the server space.

So when I saw that your post was not the real recipe, I deleted it.

Anyway, glad to have your recipe here. Will try it Keep posting...
Old June 6th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Are saheb ji.. mai vade ka pakka hoon.. thoda public ki anxiety bada kar post karna chahataa hoon bus.. theek hai aindaa khyaal rakhonga and if I plan on building up the excitement.. I will leave a note to you in the post.. theek hai chalega?
Old June 7th, 2001, 09:22 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Honestly, my mouth watered (there's something about pickles and chutneys). Will try it. Magar yeh saalaa kachcha aam kidhar milega? I have never seen it in any market.
Old June 7th, 2001, 09:23 AM
Pelu Pelu

Kidhar ke nivaasi ho bhai? Hamare yahan ke patel bhai ki nukkad ki dukan me milti hai yaar...
Old June 7th, 2001, 09:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

ManOfLaMancha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
Honestly, my mouth watered (there's something about pickles and chutneys). Will try it. Magar yeh saalaa kachcha aam kidhar milega? I have never seen it in any market.
Are you kidding? You don't know kaccha aam. Okay, hara aam (green mango) jiska ras nahin nikalta hain, jisko kaatne par andar kada aur safed hota hain?
Aur kya hints du ab?
Old June 7th, 2001, 09:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Arrey maalik, kachcha aam toh main jaanta hoon yaar, magar I have never seen it in any of the supermarkets i go to. Is it available in american supermarkets? Or is it in Indian shops?
Old June 7th, 2001, 09:33 AM
Pelu Pelu

Yaar.. patel bhai ki dukan.. patel brothers. (sometime also called sabji mandi). American naam lagata hai tere ko.. are hamare gujju bhai log there ko danda le kar daudayenge aise ul julool sawaal karegaa to...
Old June 7th, 2001, 09:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

ManOfLaMancha is on a distinguished road
Indian stores mein to maine dekha hain. Supermkts ka pata nahin. Indian store mein definitely mil jayega.
Old June 7th, 2001, 09:35 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Yaar.. patel bhai ki dukan.. patel brothers. (sometime also called sabji mandi). American naam lagata hai tere ko.. are hamare gujju bhai log there ko danda le kar daudayenge aise ul julool sawaal karegaa to...
magar bhaiyye, mere ilaakey mein Patel bhaiyon ko kahan dhoondoo?

Mancha..i'll check the Indian store.
Old June 7th, 2001, 09:41 AM
Pelu Pelu

is liye to puchaa koun sa ilake me hai tu?