eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 18th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Junior eCharchan

Dynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond repute
Visiting OHIO

Hello friends,

I will be visiting OHIO on July 4 weekend.
Is there any good place to visit and stay for couple of days
and enjoy with family.

Actually I will be meeting one of my friend who is comming from
Delaware and me from Chicago.(We chose OHIO because it is
almost in between Chicago and Delaware.)

Thanks for the suggestion in advance
When God was creating the human race, he lined up all the males on one side and all the females opposite. Then he asked: Which of your species would like to urinate standing up? Well, the males went crazy, shouting that they wanted to pee standing up. 'Fine', says God, 'Women get multiple orgasms'.
Old June 18th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
HOLY SHOOOT!!!

appun bhi ohio jaa ra hai!! from Chicago......July 4th...kya coiicidence hai?
but I am goin for a reunion!! in cleveland !!

woh bhi Chicago se!!
Old June 18th, 2002, 01:55 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Where are you going in Ohio...

Columbus or Cleveland or Lake Erie... Depending on where you wil be going... there are lots of activities in all these area especially Columbus and Cleveland

if you like Amish culture, then Berlin has a big Mennonite population
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 18th, 2002, 02:26 PM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
i have seen amish ppl!! kinda found it real kewl!!

that these ppl have lots of willpower and determination to be self sufficient!!

very inspiring ppl!! jus like mah name!! he he!!

yo dyna tune bataya nahi yaar!!
Old June 18th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Spear Barbarian

GunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud of
Doesn't Ohio have some great amusement parks? I think Cedar Point has some of the best rollercoasters in America.

Proud LLKC member since May 2002.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir 1950

Old June 18th, 2002, 02:39 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
If u can go to Marblehead, Ohio , there is a mystery point there
Old June 18th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Junior eCharchan

Dynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl
Where are you going in Ohio...

Columbus or Cleveland or Lake Erie... Depending on where you wil be going... there are lots of activities in all these area especially Columbus and Cleveland

if you like Amish culture, then Berlin has a big Mennonite population
I have not yet decided where in Ohio(because I dont know where to go)...but any good place will be good as long as it is not very costly to stay.May be some good camping or natural beauty.
I don't like rollercosters.
When God was creating the human race, he lined up all the males on one side and all the females opposite. Then he asked: Which of your species would like to urinate standing up? Well, the males went crazy, shouting that they wanted to pee standing up. 'Fine', says God, 'Women get multiple orgasms'.
Old June 19th, 2002, 06:52 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Well, in my six months of stay there we travelled extensively. And no I am not a big fan of roller coasters either. I had an overdose of them in my initial months here and that was about it.... have never like them since

But seriously,

if you are in the Columbus there are some nic ehiking trails....

Buck Creek is one of the best. it is west of Columbus.

OHIO State UNiv campus is great. downtown columbus is nice.

there is a very nice corn cob field in the DUblin area or where abouts that is fun for kids......

In the cleveland area- youloads and loads of activities......

The Rock n'Roll Hall of fame
There is a submarine for WWII that fought against Japan next to the RNR hall. Itis open to public and amazing to look inside. in fact I like it better than the hall.

There is the science museum next to it.

The cleveland botanical garden is great too.

I think you will get loads of info at this website...

http://www.ohiotourism.com/discover/ - for tourism
http://www.ohiodnr.com/parks/ - for the state and national parks

The Amish countryside in Berlin is just amazing. You can spend an entire day there and the same goes for the Buck creek hiking trails with its nice trails and caves.

And don't be surprised if you see everything "buckeye" there just as you would see "peaches" in Georgia
A Proud Indian American
Old June 19th, 2002, 06:57 AM
Senior Echarchan

since it is a long weekend..

you can also make a day trip to W. VA - the ISKON temple there is wonderful. The surrounding is bauetiful. I beleive it is about 3 hours from Columbus.

check their website out..

http://www.newvrindaban.com/
A Proud Indian American
Old June 19th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
what i liked in ohio:

cedar point (best roller coasters in the us)
sea world (much better than shedd aquarium in chicago)
six flags amusement (water park is awesome, little kids will have a lot of fun)
kelley's island (have to take a ferry to get there)

everything easily accessible from the cleveland area.

for state parks / hiking etc visit websites mentioned earlier.
Old June 19th, 2002, 08:32 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl
since it is a long weekend..

you can also make a day trip to W. VA - the ISKON temple there is wonderful. The surrounding is bauetiful. I beleive it is about 3 hours from Columbus.

check their website out..

http://www.newvrindaban.com/

Thanks a lot SG for such a valuable information.
These information will help me plan my trip and I am sure I will have great one.

Thanks again
Old June 19th, 2002, 08:41 AM
Senior Echarchan

well enjoy yourself

New vrindavan is especially beautiful in summer.

Tip: Do not rent the cottages there. they charge a lot.. and they are not worth the money you spend. we paid $100/night 4 years back... regretted it like anything! They are musty and dirty and the only beautiful thing about them is the surrounding.
A Proud Indian American
Old June 19th, 2002, 10:46 PM
Junior eCharchan

Thanks to every body for the input.