eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Computing

Notices

Computing All things binary...

Old January 14th, 2008, 08:49 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
XP has folders and file attributes as Read Only!

I dont know what is wroing with one of my drives .. All its folders now show read only ... I try to do unset this attribute and that sucker runs for an hour only to show again everything as readonly ...

The last I did before was to have a bit-torrent download some files on to that drive ...

anyone knows how to fix this!
Old January 14th, 2008, 08:58 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: XP has folders and file attributes as Read Only!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai
I dont know what is wroing with one of my drives .. All its folders now show read only ... I try to do unset this attribute and that sucker runs for an hour only to show again everything as readonly ...

The last I did before was to have a bit-torrent download some files on to that drive ...

anyone knows how to fix this!
I had same problem.
When my last laptop's MB crashed, took out the HD and put it in case to use as external HD, New laptop reads all files from it but as "read only".

You will need to change the attributes in each file in "properties" by unchecking the box in front of "read only".
Motha#$%^ thing does it itself . so you will need to do this manually, sucks.

Or "share" the folder and you migh be able to use the files. "Share All" function did for me with the Vista.
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:46 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
sucking
crashed,
Motha#$%^
HD
box in front
Motha#$%^
manually,
sucks.
See ... Landyabhai asked a simple question ... did you have to fill your reply with all those dirty words? Did you have to? Dirty words are no excuse for limited vocabulary. I had similar problem ... I took up learning one word at a time from dictionary and look now ... I need not use dirty words.

Its half past III and I am so hungry and now lost my appetite for lunch ... thanks to your language. Its due to people like you that I am thinking of moving Coolbhai (depending on who wins the toss) to the other site ... for sure it will be cleaner as long as people like you stay put here.

Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
See ... Landyabhai asked a simple question ... did you have to fill your reply with all those dirty words? Did you have to? Dirty words are no excuse for limited vocabulary. I had similar problem ... I took up learning one word at a time from dictionary and look now ... I need not use dirty words.

Its half past III and I am so hungry and now lost my appetite for lunch ... thanks to your language. Its due to people like you that I am thinking of moving Coolbhai (depending on who wins the toss) to the other site ... for sure it will be cleaner as long as people like you stay put here.

Kya tantuPai, tum log meri kyon ley rahe ho ... I just registered to that site ... we will have double fun except that it shouldnt be repeated ... else termi need to work overtime ...

Last edited by landyaBhai; January 14th, 2008 at 10:10 PM.
Old January 15th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi

Tantu at his best