eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old June 14th, 2001, 11:58 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Is there any television sitcom that you swear by?

On a lighter note, is there a televsion sitcom that you love to watch? Regretably I do not have hindi channels at home, so I cannot cite any of them.

Amongst comedies, I love Third Rock from the Sun. too hilarious!!

More choices later on, once I get to know yours...
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:06 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
English

Whose line is it anyway (on ABC and Comedy)
Standup shows (on comedy)
Howard Stern (on E!)
Chris Rock show (on HBO)

Sports
Pool
Boxing
Swimming/diving
Karate
And anything vaguely related to flying

Discovery wings (everything)
TLC (most of it but specifically junkyard wars)

Tamil (whenever possible)
Arangetram

Telugu
None worth mentioning

Hindi
Sa re ga ma (on Zee by sonu nigam)
Antakshari (if the contestants know how to sing)
used to watch that never ending Junoon
used to watch another never ending Khandaan
junta/Aap ki adalat (olden days not the newer version)
anything with current affairs.
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:17 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Ravi,

do you have Zee TV?

BTW, Whose line is it anyway is hilarious! Love to watch it.
A Proud Indian American
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
My Favs:

Whose line is it anyway?
The Man Show (I know )
Friends
Emeryl's cook show
Ripley's believe it or not.
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:18 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
I do not have it now.. I used to have it 2 years ago.. now sala condo management bolta hai no dish.. tab se.. gayo...
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:26 PM
Senior Echarchan

Quote:
Originally posted by Big-G
My Favs:

Whose line is it anyway?
Friends
Emeryl's cook show
Bhaiyya,

you watch emeril live? Wow! Should I say like brother like sister?
I do too, on Food TV.

BTW, I never miss friends on thursdays (I record it to view later) and in DC we also have reruns at 11 pm., which I watch of course, followed by the Drew Carey show and then Third rock form the sun.
A Proud Indian American
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:28 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute
Whose Line is it anyway
Drew Carey Show
Simpsons
Howard Stern
Seinfield
SNL
All those cops shows , real tv etc.
Then ( For late nite entertainement) Wild On E

Just bought dish. To whatever comes on dish
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Junior eCharchan

vivek_lahoti is on a distinguished road
nothing like "friends".
the ultimate.

as far as hindi, "ji mantriji"
and a few more.

i used to like that serial "wonder years" and "doogie howse md"
they were great. but not aired any more.
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:54 PM
Senior Echarchan

you know the kid from the wonder years, he is still into some serials here, but he doesn't act that well anymore nor are the serials as good.
A Proud Indian American
Old June 14th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl

Bhaiyya,

you watch emeril live? Wow! Should I say like brother like sister?
I do too, on Food TV.

BTW, I never miss friends on thursdays (I record it to view later) and in DC we also have reruns at 11 pm., which I watch of course, followed by the Drew Carey show and then Third rock form the sun.
Yeah Sistah... I do...i like his presentation... that Emeryl guy is good. And you do know how much I love food.
Old June 14th, 2001, 01:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute
I used to watch emeril all the time, too. I quit coz i found that he talked more than he cooked, and his recipes, for the most part, were unusable by me

I like to watch Iron chef now. It is fun coz it is competitive and creative, and I can actually try to make some of the stuff they make.
Old June 14th, 2001, 01:04 PM
Senior Echarchan

On Food TV,

I like -

The best of..

Ultimate kitchen

Calling all cooks
A Proud Indian American
Old June 15th, 2001, 09:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

ManOfLaMancha is on a distinguished road
Won't swear by any particular sitcom. Watch Seinfeld whenever I get a chance. Used to be a big fan initially; now grown out of it. I do watch Simpsons regularly. Its my favorite show now.

I try to catch the desi movies on Sunday nights (9 p.m.) on Int'l channel. Sometimes you see really funny B-grade movies. Two weeks back they showed Meera. Decent.

Most of the weekend is spent on cookery shows:

I like Yan can cook. I like his funny accent and his energy.
Also watch Jacques Pepin and America's best kitchen.

None of its of much use but I like to see the whole process
Old June 15th, 2001, 09:42 AM
Senior Echarchan

Ahhh..............Int'l channel...

The time used ot be very convenient about a year back.... 1 pm EST on sundays... not If I want to see it its 12 am for us. Anyway, they do not shoew the good movies that they used to before... viz.Andaz Apna Apna, Hum Dono, Virasat, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Zanjeer, ....

As for cookery, I too watch it because I find the process fascinating. Though I ablsolutely adore Ultimate Kitchens just to see get ideas... some of the kitchens are gorgeous!!

BTW, I find Two Fat Ladies to be an amusing show! The way explain the cooking process and their recollections are pretty amusing, just beacuse of the way they talk!
A Proud Indian American
Old June 15th, 2001, 09:45 AM
Senior eCharchan

ManOfLaMancha is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl
Ahhh..............Int'l channel...

The time used ot be very convenient about a year back.... 1 pm EST on sundays... not If I want to see it its 12 am for us. Anyway, they do not shoew the good movies that they used to before... viz.Andaz Apna Apna, Hum Dono, Virasat, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Zanjeer, ....

Remember seeing Zanzeer about a year ago. 12 in the night is pretty uncomfortable for you people. SG, if you can, try watching some b-grade movies. they are really funny. you might even get hooked to them

As for cookery, I too watch it because I find the process fascinating. Though I ablsolutely adore Ultimate Kitchens just to see get ideas... some of the kitchens are gorgeous!!
[/quote]
Could you give some info on this Ultimate Kitchens? What channel? I don't remember having seen it.