eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old November 15th, 2005, 05:01 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

why only nashik ?
is there no other city in india for infosys to go(if at all it wants to go out of blore ) ??

YES YES YES ..ther is one city
no nashik , not hyderabad and certainly not pune....
The beautifull port city of Vizag/Vishakapatnam
Hello narayan murhty sir...you watching this thred ? pls consider vizag as your headquaters and prosper.
You are still in south and dont have to deal with anti-south lobby of shiv sena and friends.
After a days of hardwork you and your employees can relax by the beach and coconut water.

come to vizag.

abey ..tum log...ye nashik nashik kya karthe ho ...kuch aur jaga mila naheen ?
a couple of years back i went there ...it was looking very rural. aaj kal ke ladke gaon mein rehna pasanda nahee karenge.

btw...tum marathi log jo wouthies ko hate karthe ho ..tum log ek south based company ko invite kar rahe ho ? why ??
you want southie's money but not south ppl ??

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:53 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

I will salute Narayan Murthy if he can successfully run InfoSys in Bihar!!
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Banned

krishnan is an unknown quantity at this point

It is a good sign that states are competing with each other to attract IT industry.

Whenever one place gets too crowded, it is time to move a few things out to less crowded places.

I think Infosys should sure spread out to smaller places.
Old November 15th, 2005, 07:57 AM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I will salute Narayan Murthy if he can successfully run InfoSys in Bihar!!
it aint gonna happen even in god's lifetime! good one!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old November 15th, 2005, 12:11 PM
X

Xandu is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by style bhai
mamu, this thing aint gona happen. southies lick southies arse, aint no doubt in that. maharashtra aint in their radar till now.
AFAIK chennai and hyderbad are in their radar
you couldnt be more wrong (or should i say 'out of style' ) .. it's just not true that southies lick southies arse... northies, western states etc licks southies arse too!!! ... look at that the marathi CM just did
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Kya south or north laga rakha hain? Why ?? Relax guys.. Nothing wrong with Makke Roti and Shrikhand with Rasgolla and Sambar all in one meal!!
Old November 15th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Axecuse Me?

dawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud ofdawizard has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby_baby
Yup no Kannada vedike. But I am sure young software pros arent exactly beaming at the thought of being thrashed by shiv sena goons for celebrating V-day.
lol good one!
Old November 15th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Infosys Invited To Maharashtra

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby_baby
Too good 2gud. You hit the nail on the head.

I really pity this guy for scanning all the papers for the bad news about Bangalore and posting it here. Hate mongering has to have its limits I believe.

1. Bangalores IT growth wasnt by chance. There is more to it. Before IT Bangalore was and is still home to really good Public Sector research firms like DRDO, ISRO, NAL, HAL etc. So companies starting operations in 80s and 90s didnt have problems luring good dissatisfied people from these PSUs.

2. Projects cant be moved lock stock and barrel from Bangalore to any other city in India. Key people won't move because they have made huge personal investments in the city. And this being a labour short Industry it wont take much for them to find another job in the same city.

Moving it from US to India worked because of the wage savings of more than 80 percent. Most of the cases a few senior guys were deputed from US to India to start a team after which they returned to US. Extra expenses incurred in terms of moving costs and training new people was easily recoverable because of cost advantages. None of the conditions are true when moving between Indian Cities.

3. Thirdly most companies except a few big ones follow small incremental growth model. Take Philips for example. It has about 2000 people working out of its Bangalore Campus. It wants to increase it to 2500 next year. It cant move the extra 500 to any city outside Bangalore simply because it wont get the senior people to move there. Companies like Infosys can start work on a new project it gets in a new city. It will never work for smaller and mid sized companies.

Your IQ level is so low that it seems to be pointless talking to you. The vaccume due to low IQ seems to be filled up with your southern parochial instincts.

When I said that companies would move to Maharashtra I did not mean (just to clear your rural mindset) that these IT companies would load their servers and other hardware into bullock carts and move them to Maharashtra from Bangalore in caravans today itself!

What I said was, that the idea that Bangalore is not good enough has sunk in. Wipro is investing in the north and even in the North east! The so called facade of indispensibility that Bangalore was enjoying is fast fading.

Yes, it will take time, however slowly but surely things are moving to other cities. Gurgaon,Mohali,Pune and even Calcutta are attracting attention. If the Maharashtra govt makes the right moves(I'm assuming it is due to this article) it would be a lot easier to attract investment in the IT sector. It takes just 3 -4 hours from Nashik to reach Mumbai. If an express highway was to be built it would take only about 2.5-3 hours at an avarage to reach Mumbai from Nashik. H1,B1 interviews in the Mumbai consulate are eaiser than having to travel to Madras all the way from Bangalore. I dont think that any self respecting person could migrate to Madras. It just not compatible. The language problem in Madras is too much to handle, especially for North Indians. Bangalore too is under attack from the dravidian dacoits (Vedike guys). Maharashtra has industrial powerhouses of Mumbai,Pune and Nashik. It has many industrial cities like Aurangabad etc too. The people are less hostile to outsiders and hence all can settle.

It's not a crime to dream but it is a crime to steal someone's dream..so I will not deprive you of your title of Mungeri Lal. Dream on while you chew on your Idlis and slurrpp on Rasam and lick your forehands clean of the spilling Sambar!

Last edited by viking; November 16th, 2005 at 04:11 AM.
Old November 15th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

What makes someone think that Maharashtra doesn't have its own share of DeveGaudas?
Will Deshmukh be around even by the time Infy completes its transition?
It is like Texas governor asking Silicon Valley in California to move south. Almost laughable.
If Deshmukh can provide decent living conditions to folks in Pune (forget Bombay) may be Murthy can consider his offer.
Old November 15th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi
What makes someone think that Maharashtra doesn't have its own share of DeveGaudas?
Will Deshmukh be around even by the time Infy completes its transition?
It is like Texas governor asking Silicon Valley in California to move south. Almost laughable.
If Deshmukh can provide decent living conditions to folks in Pune (forget Bombay) may be Murthy can consider his offer.
Of course I'm not saying that Deshmukh will not have to work hard. I also concede that road development has to take place in Pune and other cities too. But having said that people here are declaring victory even before the match starts this is amusing!

Bangalore will lose capital slowly. As far as I know Narayan Murthy started business in Pune. He then moved to Bangalore.
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Senior eCharchan

Ravi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond reputeRavi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking
Bangalore will lose capital slowly.
Probably, who knows. No one ever knew, even in Bangalore, that it would be sort of Indian silicon valley. May be loosing will also be equally subtle. But I really doubt it. Since geographical area around bangalore is mostly sort of desert, it has more potential to expand laterally.

Quote:
As far as I know Narayan Murthy started business in Pune. He then moved to Bangalore.
'Working' in Pune is different, than starting a firm in India. Coincidently, I too started with my 'first' job in Pune, and moved to Blr. Like Murthy, I too am from Blr. Well, may be one of these days, I might just offer him a job
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
Probably, who knows. No one ever knew, even in Bangalore, that it would be sort of Indian silicon valley. May be loosing will also be equally subtle. But I really doubt it. Since geographical area around bangalore is mostly sort of desert, it has more potential to expand laterally.
Our resident Sambar slurping baby has mentioned that Banglaore had HAL and other PSU's so it had an added advantage. The guy seems to forget (or hide) the fact that Nashik not only has HAL and the Currency press but also three huge industrial estates of Sinnar,Satpur and Ambad. This in itself is a big advantage.

I'm not claiming here that proximity to Mumbai and Pune are it's only advantages. There are talks of starting another industrial area in the villholi/Igatpuri region (Incidentally Samsonite,Mahindra and Jindal already have huge plants there).

I personally know that there are a lot of IT managers already handling EDP depts of thse big companies. Nashik has attracted all types of industries SSI,MSI and large scale. So it wont be a dream if I thought that it can also attract IT!
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
I personally know that there are a lot of IT managers already handling EDP depts of thse big companies.
If that is true, and I believe you do, it is going to be more of 'Trickle-down Economics' than anything else. How is Nashik any better than Cuttack in Orrissa? After all, physical proximity is no more a limitation in IT. Anybody in Rampur, [insert your state's name here] can send the code out. Only challege is, for the government, to provide better living and working conditions [read - shopping malls, big city environment], which Nashik, I belive, can not provide at this point of time.
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
If that is true, and I believe you do, it is going to be more of 'Trickle-down Economics' than anything else. How is Nashik any better than Cuttack in Orrissa? After all, physical proximity is no more a limitation in IT. Anybody in Rampur, [insert your state's name here] can send the code out. Only challege is, for the government, to provide better living and working conditions [read - shopping malls, big city environment], which Nashik, I belive, can not provide at this point of time.
As far as I know Big Bazaar is making huge business there. It has it's own Inox etc. Taj has it's 5 * hotel there. Many 3-4 * restaurants, clubs. Good schools everything!

More can happen as people come in!
Old November 15th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Senior eCharchan

aby_baby is on a distinguished road

Quote:
When I said that companies would move to Maharashtra I did not mean (just to clear your rural mindset) that these IT companies would load their servers and other hardware into bullock carts and move them to Maharashtra from Bangalore in caravans today itself!
You sure seemed to imply that. Oh yah I forgot your IQ.

Quote:
What I said was, that the idea that Bangalore is not good enough has sunk in. Wipro is investing in the north and even in the North east! The so called facade of indispensibility that Bangalore was enjoying is fast fading.
Same Wipro chairman had a quote about Pune roads giving him the feeling about being at home aka Bangalore Now where is the difference between Bangalore and Pune. Add to the fact that the proposed IT park is in Pune .

Quote:
Yes, it will take time, however slowly but surely things are moving to other cities. Gurgaon,Mohali,Pune and even Calcutta are attracting attention. If the Maharashtra govt makes the right moves(I'm assuming it is due to this article) it would be a lot easier to attract investment in the IT sector.
Yah things are NOT moving to other cities from Bangalore. There is not even one project or one company which has shifted from Bangalore. Only new projects are started in other cities. But then your IQ is so low you will never understand that. A BPO or a IT service company can locate a new project in a new city. A product company and midsize company cant do that.

The mid size IT companies in Bangalore dont have a choice but to expand in Bangalore. That includes all the big MNCs like Cisco, Philips, Intel or Infineon. Because of the kind of work they are doing. How easy is it to find a ASIC validation engineer in a small city?

Quote:
It takes just 3 -4 hours from Nashik to reach Mumbai. If an express highway was to be built it would take only about 2.5-3 hours at an avarage to reach Mumbai from Nashik. H1,B1 interviews in the Mumbai consulate are eaiser than having to travel to Madras all the way from Bangalore.
If proximity to US consulate is a factor, then all investments should be going to Gurgaon or Calcutta. Gurgaon has great roads too unlike Pune . And it doesnt have Shiv Sena goons beating up so called outsiders . Calcutta has a Commie CM who is totally pro-business

Quote:
I dont think that any self respecting person could migrate to Madras. It just not compatible. The language problem in Madras is too much to handle, especially for North Indians. Bangalore too is under attack from the dravidian dacoits (Vedike guys).
Inspite of that Chennai manages to be in the second spot in Indian IT industry. So I would rather believe your stupid rantings about the city than a oft stated fact about the IT industry. Hell I guess even a kid wont trust you

Quote:
Maharashtra has industrial powerhouses of Mumbai,Pune and Nashik. It has many industrial cities like Aurangabad etc too. The people are less hostile to outsiders and hence all can settle.
Less hostile how so? Maybe in your dream land. Ever heard of Shiv Sena goons causing riots against outsiders. Now I havent heard of anything like that in commie infested Calcutta or Gurgaon/Noida.

Quote:
It's not a crime to dream but it is a crime to steal someone's dream..so I will not deprive you of your title of Mungeri Lal. Dream on while you chew on your Idlis and slurrpp on Rasam and lick your forehands clean of the spilling Sambar!
Yup I live in Reality. And that reality says that Bangalore will enjoy its primacy for years to come. This in business terminology is called first mover advantage.

To give an analogy Silicon Valley has not moved out of CA inspite of best efforts from Governors of more than a dozen states. This is inspite of the fact that the Valley suffers from high taxes, high cost of living, clogged roads etc etc. Same case is with Bangalore. Inspite of its many flaws it isnt going to lose its primacy in IT industry.

Last edited by aby_baby; November 15th, 2005 at 09:36 PM.