eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Taaza Khabar - Current news

Notices

Taaza Khabar - Current news Discuss the latest news making waves...

Old April 25th, 2007, 10:28 PM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute
Post Fake encounter: Gujarat police under pressure

Fake encounter in Gujarat: big blow to Modi government

In less than 24 hours, the Gujarat police has come under pressure in the investigation against three IPS officers arrested for a fake encounter.

On Wednesday, the Rajasthan Home Minister went to Ahmedabad and claimed that one of his officer arrested wasn't even present at the time of the shooting.

A CID inquiry has already established that the three officers were present when Sohrabuddin Sheikh was killed in Novemeber 2005. The question is - can the Gujarat police impartially investigate its own officer?

These IPS officers - DG Vanzara, a DIG, RK Pandiyan, an SP and Dinesh Kumar from neighbouring Rajasthan have been arrested for a fake encounter in which they killed Sheikh.

His wife, Kauser Bi, who was picked up along with Sohrabuddin from a bus three days before the fake encounter, is still missing.

After the encounter the police claimed Sohrabuddin was involved in a plot to kill Gujarat Chief Minister, Narender Modi.

CID investigation

Rajnish Rai is the police officer in-charge of investigating his colleagues. But in a case where there have already been allegations of some sections of the government pressurising the initial CID investigation, can the Gujarat police be expected to investigate its own, impartially?

Everybody in the Gujarat government has clamped up.

The MoS (Home) said a detailed briefing would be given by the additional DG (crime), OP Mathur. But the officer remained incommunicado. Even the state police chief maintained a stoic silence.

Amidst sloganeering, an Ahmedabad court on Wednesday sent all the three officers to seven days in police custody where the prosecution says it wants to interrogate its officers on critical questions.

But the investigation is already coming under pressure. The Rajasthan Home Minister and police chief flew into Ahmedabad to defend their officer Dinesh Kumar.

Contradicting a CID inquiry given to the Supreme Court they claimed their officer wasn't even present during the fake encounter.

''According to the series of events, our officer was not present at the time of the incident,'' said Gulab Singh Kataria, Home Minister, Rajasthn.

The Congress has made it clear it doesn't trust the Gujarat police investigating its own and wants an independent inquiry.

Criticism notwithstanding, police sources say they could soon arrest about five other cops who were present when their officers masterminded the cold-blooded murder of Sohrabuddin
LINK

Last edited by marvelous; April 25th, 2007 at 10:45 PM.
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:41 PM
Senior eCharchan

marvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond reputemarvelous has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fake encounter: Gujarat police under pressure

I must say: CM has done nothing till now to protect
hindu officers and he can do nothing from now on.
He is the worst CM in the gujarat history. he had a direct role to play in the massacre of thousands of innocent people (both community). he is a criminal and the only place I like to see him in, is behind bars!!!
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:55 PM
the Centre Right Indian!

rameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond reputerameshp has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelous
He is the worst CM in the gujarat history. he had a direct role to play in the massacre of thousands of innocent people (both community). he is a criminal and the only place I like to see him in, is behind bars!!!
yes if modi deserves a place behind the bars, so does kangressi madarch*ds for their role in 1984 anti-sikh roits. so does the maadaame from etaly for her role in bofors! lets see who will put all these people behind bars!

Captain R Harshan
Ashok Chakra, 2 PARA SF,
Indian Army.
Old April 25th, 2007, 11:19 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshp
yes if modi deserves a place behind the bars, so does kangressi madarch*ds for their role in 1984 anti-sikh roits. so does the maadaame from etaly for her role in bofors! lets see who will put all these people behind bars!
Yuh sure...84's culprits should be brought to book... the case is going on... but if congress was guilty in 1984... it doesnt absolve Modi (or Mody or whatever) of his sins...... Police is nothing but puppets in hands of these brazen politicos... I find no hindu pride attached with Gujarat government's sponsored mass murder....

Before you guys fall over each other to brand me a meek, coward, pseudo--secular congressi... let me clarify..I equally condemn the Train arson
by those bigots.....But it doesnt justify what followed afterwards.... There are legal ways to punish the culprits.. if government doesnt have enough confidence go that way and create a riot instead... then there should be no place for that government in democracy.

What happened in Godhara was shameful....what followed was madness... and not accepting this is sheer foolhardy.

Old April 26th, 2007, 01:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He is the best CM in gujarat history. Period.
Old April 26th, 2007, 02:41 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

The deceased’s family were staunch BJP loyalists and this is how they got repaid for their loyalty. Such incidents speak well of a party who often blow their own trumpet about being spotless.

A party whose leader glorifies Jinnah. A party whose MPs indulge in mass human trafficking. No clean track record.

I support what Chitrala says, I need not prove my affinity to my religion by showing support for these saffron clowns. In fact they don’t deserve any laurels for whatever little good work done during their tenure.

Quote:

ZIRNIA (UJJAIN), APRIL 25: Sohrabuddin Sheikh was gunned down on November 26, 2005 for allegedly plotting to kill Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi. The irony is that his family members are staunch BJP loyalists, with all either still associated with the party or having held some post in the past.

“I was a Jan Sangh member. Afsos hai ki hamare party ki sarkar hote hue mere bacche ko maar diya (It’s sad that my son was killed while our party was in government),” says Anwaruddin, the 65-year-old father. But he says he still has faith in the party.

A day after the arrests of DIG D G Vanjhara and two other IPS officers, phone calls are still pouring in. In this Muslim-dominated village with a population of 1,200, the Sheikhs, who own a huge plot of land, are treated with respect, often called by villagers to settle their disputes.

Sohrabuddin’s mother, Zaibunissa Bi Sheikh, is the village sarpanch. “Pehle hum pe daag tha. Ab un katilon pe daag hai (Earlier, there was a stain on us, now it’s on the killers),” she says, adding, “Kya har insaan Narendra Modi ko maarne hi aata hai? (Does every individual come to kill Narendra Modi?).”

While the village may be celebrating the arrests, Zaibunissa is still mourning the death of her 38-year-old son. “We did not turn to any human being and remembered only the Almighty in our moment of crisis,” she says. “There is still no trace of my daughter-in-law, I hear she too was killed.”

Sohrabuddin, who had been living separately following a family dispute, was an accused in the seizure of guns from his village in 1995. “The case was still going on when he was killed. He was a small-time criminal but never a terrorist. Now the truth has come out,” says Anwaruddin.

Initially, the family did not believe he was dead. But Sohrabuddin’s body arrived in the village the next day. In the last one-and-a-half years, his brother, Rubabuddin, has drafted several petitions to various officials in Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar, New Delhi, Jaipur and Bhopal. “We had lost all hope till the Supreme Court ordered an inquiry into the case,” he says.

Another brother, Nayabuddin, alleges that they have received many threatening calls. “I was threatened that I would also be killed in an encounter,” claims the youngest Sheikh who faces a case in Gujarat.
The Supreme Court had offered police protection, but the family refused it. “We are fighting the police. How can we trust them?” points out Nayabuddin. “We are capable of defending ourselves,” he adds. All the four brothers have applied for gun licences.

The Sheikhs claim several BJP leaders tried to broker a compromise, offering huge sums of money to withdraw their petition. “Why should we strike a deal? Our fight is symbolic of all such fights against police brutalities. If the police continue to target minorities like this, they will succeed in dividing society further,” says Nayabuddin. He says they even rejected help from the Congress. “They would have encashed our plight, but we wanted to fight on our own,” he says.
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:55 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Its all a plot to malign Narendra Modi. Period.
Old April 26th, 2007, 09:56 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You are missing a couple of points here, Marvellousy pai... first, the plot was to kill Modi... not vice versa. And second, check the name of the person who was encountered... doesn't it tell you anything

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:24 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

The mdia and Congressis will always find Muslims innocent. What's new!!

Yeah keep demonising MOdi and he will get even more support! ALl you Congressis need to be shipped to Saudi Arabia so you can bow down on a rug and raise your buttocks to your Allah bullah and bray 10 times a day!!
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

aragorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond reputearagorn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha

Yeah keep demonising MOdi and he will get even more support! ALl you Congressis need to be shipped to Saudi Arabia so you can bow down on a rug and raise your buttocks to your Allah bullah and bray 10 times a day!!

I am expecting more of these things as gujarat election is coming near i guess in november this year. Congress in Gujarat has no leader, no base, they can not win by saying he has not worked...so this is the last resort..but these tactics will backfire on them...I went to ahmedabad after 3 years a week back and the change is visible...Better infrastructure, Electricity, water etc...He has done a lot of work not only in big city like ahmedabad but at rural level also...
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn
I am expecting more of these things as gujarat election is coming near i guess in november this year. Congress in Gujarat has no leader, no base, they can not win by saying he has not worked...so this is the last resort..but these tactics will backfire on them...I went to ahmedabad after 3 years a week back and the change is visible...Better infrastructure, Electricity, water etc...He has done a lot of work not only in big city like ahmedabad but at rural level also...
Modi has established himself as a threat to the Congress and as Chief Minister who delivers on his promises to people of Gujart. While my own state Maharashtra now dodders on the brink of electricity shortage, Gujarat doesn't seem to have this problem. Infrastructure development has stopped in Maharashtra as such and non-issues like Dance Bars have taken top priority of the government.

Rather than help with infrastructure development, like reclaiming gvnmt land adjacent to railway tracks and around the Sahar airport in Mumbai, our government (Congress run) makes statements like Mumbai will be the next Shanghai

If you observe without prejudice, you will note that Sena BJP comobine had really worked to have good roads in rural Maharashtra. And in recent by elections, you will notice that Sena BJP is again getting the mandate.

People of Maharashtra are quite intelligent abotu voting. They gave Congress a chance as Sena BJP started behaving badly towards end of their term. Now the Sena BJP realises the wrath of the mandate and has improved. And so you see a resurgence.

Congress, all peopl know by now except the sycophants and Muslims, is only for the Muslims, by the Muslims and of the Muslims. Also OBC, SC, ST, NT,.DT, ABC, LMN, XYZ divisions of HIndus is their only concern

And if this plot was all fake then why were police of two states involved. Why would Andhra police get involved in Gujarat? The media is all run by left wing communist Muslim sympathisers! Fuck them.. We know what the truth is.
Old April 26th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Modi has established himself as a threat to the Congress and as Chief Minister who delivers on his promises to people of Gujart. While my own state Maharashtra now dodders on the brink of electricity shortage, Gujarat doesn't seem to have this problem. Infrastructure development has stopped in Maharashtra as such and non-issues like Dance Bars have taken top priority of the government.

Regarding Maharashtra Govt. It sucks big time. They simply can not manage the electricity and water in the state. 100% mis-management on their part. They are not capable to provide 24 hrs electricity. They are providing elec. to mumbai but rest of maharashtra is under 10-12 hrs of sever power cut. Central Govt has alloted around 680 MW power to maharashtra from gujarat's quota. Instead of creating sources of electricity they want to purchase power from haryana..

Rather than help with infrastructure development, like reclaiming gvnmt land adjacent to railway tracks and around the Sahar airport in Mumbai, our government (Congress run) makes statements like Mumbai will be the next Shanghai

Mumbai can never become shanghai as there are too many authorities involved and there is no co-ordination between them

If you observe without prejudice, you will note that Sena BJP comobine had really worked to have good roads in rural Maharashtra. And in recent by elections, you will notice that Sena BJP is again getting the mandate.

People of Maharashtra are quite intelligent abotu voting. They gave Congress a chance as Sena BJP started behaving badly towards end of their term. Now the Sena BJP realises the wrath of the mandate and has improved. And so you see a resurgence.

Its heartening to see their resurgence. If they learnt their lesson and work for the public

Congress, all peopl know by now except the sycophants and Muslims, is only for the Muslims, by the Muslims and of the Muslims. Also OBC, SC, ST, NT,.DT, ABC, LMN, XYZ divisions of HIndus is their only concern

Less said about Congress is better. It runs like a properitery firm. You have to be a$$ licker of a particular family to get any position.

And if this plot was all fake then why were police of two states involved. Why would Andhra police get involved in Gujarat? The media is all run by left wing communist Muslim sympathisers! Fuck them.. We know what the truth is.
Indian Media has no time to get the truth they are busy in reporting ash-abhi wedding and getting a boot from amitabh everyday. Now they are debating about Gere-Shilpa kiss episode..They dont have interest in finding truth and then report. As long as its against gujarat and Modi they run the story over and over in breaking news.
Old April 27th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
this is just a BJP's trick to get escape from the truth. it's nothing but politics!

About BJP , now it is clear that they are "Vyaghras" with "GoMukh". They are the worst, worst even than the Communists . At least, the Communists are cared based and have some more discipline .
BJP say they are a party with a 'difference'. What difference?
One leader wants to split the party to have power. It is a party, with in fighting, even before they get power.
BJP BJP what BJP they are good for NOTHING.

Thank you.

Last edited by marvelous; April 27th, 2007 at 03:44 AM. Reason: NO offence please
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:16 PM
Senior eCharchan

Fake encounter tale: How cops, cartel killed couple

Quote:
New Delhi: The Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case is getting murkier with more skeletons tumbling out of the closet.

After Gujarat government’s confirmation that Sheikh’s wife Kauser Bi was also killed and burnt within a few days of her husband’s encounter, CNN-IBN has found that tainted Gujarat ATS chief D G Vanzara could have been paid off by Rajasthan's marble lobby to eliminate Sohrabuddin.

Sources say Sohrabuddin was running an extortion racket with other extortionists in Udaipur who lived off the influential marble lobby in Rajasthan.

The traders claim the extortion threats were checked only after another accused IPS officer M N Dinesh took over as the Superintendent of Police of Udaipur.

Time for CBI probe?

Meanwhile, the Supreme Court will on Thursday decide if a CBI inquiry is required into the case after Centre’s plea for it last week.

Gujarat Police have already examined 122 witnesses in the case and are questioning the role of other senior police officers allegedly involved.

The Andhra Pradesh police involvement in the case is also fast gaining credence. A report published in English daily Deccan Chronicle says that four interim reports prepared by the Gujarat CID team clearly point to the involvement of the Hyderabad police in the fake encounter.

The reports have been submitted to the Supreme Court. The Deccan Chronicle website quotes parts of the CID reports that say while the Andhra police may not have known about the fake encounter, they did help the team from Gujarat to pick up Sohrabuddin and his wife.

The CID also mentions names of Gujarat police officers who were asked to report to accused IPS officer Rajkumar Pandian in Hyderabad in November, 2005.

Hyderabad blues continue

Following are exclusive excerpts from these CID reports on the role played by the Andhra police in Operation Sohrabuddin:

* Ajay Bhagwandas Parmar, an armed police constable with the Gujarat police, has testified that he was asked by his boss Rajkumar Pandian to leave for Hyderabad for an operation. He and four others left in a private Qualis car. They reached Hyderabad at around 10 pm on November 21, 2005.

* Mr N H Dabhi, Gujarat police inspector, called up Rajkumar Pandian and went to the CISF office in Hyderabad and the residence of Gujarat-cadre IPS officer Radhakrishnan and reported to Mr Pandian there.

* All Gujarat officers stayed in CISF rooms.

* On November 22, 2005, Mr Rajkumar Pandian called the team to the IPS officers' mess in Hyderabad. His PA, Ajay Parmar, has testified that his boss asked him to get two fake numberplates made for the Qualis car. He has testified that the numberplates began with the series AP 11. Two AP police sub-inspectors and five other AP policemen were present with Mr Pandian.

* Gurudayal Singh Ganga Sahay Jaat, head constable with the anti-terrorist squad, Gujarat, in his statement to the CID crime on January 19, 2007, testified that on November 22, 2005, they left the Hyderabad IPS mess at 6 pm. Two Andhra Pradesh police cars were also accompanying them. There were three vehicles in all. Gurudayal Singh has testified that he travelled with the Andhra Pradesh police. They reached a highway at around 8.30 pm.

* Gurdayal Singh stated: "Mr Rajkumar Pandian instructed people - (including) Andhra Pradesh police. They stopped their vehicles, keeping a distance of 2.5 km to 3 km between the cars. All vehicles passing were stopped on the highway. Between 2 am and 2.15 am, the AP police came back to the car and we went to a village.

* Then we received an instruction to go to Ahmedabad. The AP police also came to Ahmedabad and even to our ATS office on November 24, 2005. The AP police spent 10 minutes in the ATS office and left in the same Tata Sumo."

* The fourth interim report (Preliminary Inquiry No. 66/2006 dated 22/1/2007) available with this newspaper states: "From all the statements of witnesses recorded during the inquiry, the following facts are prima facie established: 'Bus number KA 05 AF 5051 was intercepted on Hyderabad-Bombay highway. Policemen entered the bus from the Qualis and picked up three persons, including Sohrabuddin and his wife Kauser Bi. At this time, a Tata Sumo which had AP police also came.'"

* On November 25, 2005, three Gujarat policemen have testified that seven AP policemen, including two PSIs, were present at Ahmedabad ATS office. "Maybe the AP police did not know that Sohrabuddin would be killed by the Gujarat police in a fake encounter, but they knew about fake number plates being made. They stopped traffic on the highway. They used local language. Sohrabuddin was picked up from a private bus without a warrant.

* His wife was picked up by male policemen. It was between 2-2.15 am. There were no arrest warrants or no female police. This was wrong and the AP police was involved," says an officer. He adds: "Maybe the AP police did not have any clue about the Gujarat police's sinister designs. They were unaware of their motive to bump off Sohrabuddin and his wife. But they definitely were a party to a wrongdoing," says a Gujarat IPS officer.

* On Wednesday, senior Andhra Pradesh police officers remained quiet on the issue, and said they were yet to receive any communication from their counterparts in Gujarat. "If they (Gujarat police) have any evidence (of involvement of Andhra police), let them prove it," AP's additional director-general of police (law and order) A.K. Mohanty said in Hyderabad. Mr Mohanty was city police commissioner in November 2005 when a Gujarat police team had visited here and reportedly sought assistance from the local police
Source

This again proves that media and secular pimps needs a reason to bash modi govt. It was a Police Officer who was running this paid operation. Who took money to kill and then used to rake the awards from govt. It was not only Gujarat Police Other states police was involved too.
Old May 2nd, 2007, 09:49 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

ah..Aragorn... so now when Mr. Narendra Oh-so-great-saviour-of-hinduism-and-pride-of-gujarat-aswellas-India Modi (or is it Mody) is not involved... you come to agree that it was a fake encounter. And it gave you yet another reason to bash "secular"(?) pimps and media(which can go to hell as well)...

What is it you want to say... if it is a fake encounter sponsored by Mr. Mody..then the victims(?) deserved it... if it is otherwise then police is guilty.. In either case Mr. Mody is on his righteous path to bring the glory back to hinduism.

Give me a break Aargy.. Sohrabuddin and his kin doesn't matter much... people get killed irrespective of their culpability... it is what Tantu pai calls hero-worshipping we should be cautious of...

Whoever is guilty, irrespective of the post he/she/it enjoys should be brought to the book.... we are getting too chauvinist and letting our leaders/heroes/idols/models encashing it for their personal and professional gains.