eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old July 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Love is selfish - what do you say?

Buy a dog. Thats the only love money can buy and it's selfless love!
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Junior eCharchan

kundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant future

Aeh- love is crap. Losers who can’t get for free are ones falling in love.

My gf sent me a Hallmark card underlining fancy words. I could not sleep over a week. Words like- be tender to me- always b courteous to me- bring me to social parties- understand my needs- always be fair- be loyal to me- never lie to me. what the hell. She is now an ex. Why should I sacrifice when I can get free.
I’m sharing flat with two students from collage. They demand nothing. I give them nothing. We are not in love-n-we are not selfish. Both give me never asking anything in return-n I give them selflessly. Point proven- love is selfish. Love-n-marriage is for losers.

Love envieth- vaunteth- seeketh- least rejoiceth.

--------- King Kundan has spoken.
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Known for less than 5 minutes? When a woman conceives, she has the baby in her womb for full 9 months (I know that you know this, but I felt the need to mention anyway). It’s a bond (and the purity of which) cannot be matched with any other form of love. The baby is a part of the mother. The mother loves the baby even if it cannot understand her…it is enough that the mother can understand the baby. Like I said, I am talking about the relationship and love between just the two of them….not comparing her own child with someone else’s.

Their love is soo….maybe you will not understand. You have to be a woman to know how it feels like I guess.

Huh?? Where am I saying that the love is not real?? The love is real. It is strong. In fact, it is so strong that it can only be classified as selfish. What other reason is there? What makes a mother-child love (supposedly) the strongest love in the world? The fact that the child is a part of the mother (as you stated yourself). I cant give you a better definition for selfish love.

Please dont be mistaken here. Selfish love does not mean false love. Or non-existent love. It is real love. However, by definition, love has to be selfish. Every emotion is selfish. And this is because only the beholder of those emotions can feel them. They are chemical reactions in your brain - not someone else's. Humans (exclude clinically insane) do everything to satisfy their own selfish needs or feelings. Not saying tis wrong. Its just the way it is. Its the way we are wired.
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:16 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Love is selfish - what do you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundanistheking View Post
I’m sharing flat with two students from collage.
So the two students are flat? OR are you sharing a collage of flat women?
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:17 PM
Junior eCharchan

kundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant futurekundanistheking has a brilliant future

Aeh- love is crap. Losers who can’t get for free are ones falling in love.

My gf sent me a Hallmark card underlining fancy words. I could not sleep over a week. Words like- be tender to me- always b courteous to me- bring me to social parties- understand my needs- always be fair- be loyal to me- never lie to me. what the hell. She is now an ex. Why should I sacrifice when I can get free.
I’m sharing flat with two students from collage. They demand nothing. I give them nothing. We are not in love-n-we are not selfish. Both give me never asking anything in return-n I give them selflessly. Point proven- love is selfish. Love-n-marriage is for losers.

Love envieth- vaunteth- seeketh- least rejoiceth.

--------- King Kundan has spoken.
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
alndya bhai, aapka thoda opinion ho jaye.. You just became a father. So you have one new love in your life. What do you think? Do you love selflessly? Please dont get offended and I did not mean to be personal, but just wanted to ask you because sometimes I think that - Okay our parents loved us because they got love back from us. So in a way they loved in exchange for our love. Then again I think parents did not love us in exchange for anything.

I dont know. For me love is just love. I have never thought too much about what this Tv character said about love.
I dont know whether I love my baby or not ... But I enjoy his company ... He seems to make me aware of what I am without even speaking logically ... He conveys to me through his own activities that life is not that serious that I imagine it to be ...

Yes I may hate him for the decisions he takes that are not to my liking but in the end every son does something or the other that parents dont want the son to do ... but then you dont disown the person ... You just accept him as it is ... unfortunately that acceptance is done after a lot of rationalization and most of these rationalizations begin and end with a simple feeling "that S/he is afterall my very own child" ...

I think love is a very misused word ... I cannot define it ... and I cannot even place it in my day-to-day events or interactions ... Whatever I feel is my interpretation of what the other is giving to me ... if I am not in the right attitude of complete acceptance, it would not be difficult for me to doubt the reason for this feeling of attachment, bondage, caring, sharing ...
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy4mheaven View Post
I Think Swami is right.

Every relationship is selfish but its just less or more but its selfish.(1%-100%)
that is Swami's interpretation and trust me all these interpretations keep getting revised and fine-tuned with every feeling that one comes across ...

I had this rare opportunity to enjoy the weather on the east coast on Saturday (this long weekend) ... Just me, and the surroundings ... no thought, no planning, just restfully sitting and watching ... It is a different feeling of oneness I have never felt before ... and this is the nature we are talking about ... So what has nature to be selfish about so as to give us this opportunity ...

I know I am asking the wrong question (or the answer is somewhere in the question )
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:28 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Some loves are not selfish. Like a mother-child relationship (I am generalizing here).
Mother's love is emotional during the initial years,its something which nature gives her,just like a caretaker from God.Today there are medical research that says Estrogen and some other hormones are responsible for mother being protective,emotional and what not towards her child.Since the child is with the mother every minute there is a bondage,same thing can happen if you are with a person 24hours a day.

The mother caring for a child is a natural feeling which nature gives a woman or else who will take care of the child.

I here dont mean to say there is no love between mother and child,its the most powerful love in the world but again subconciously there is some form of selfishness in it
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:35 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

U are right love keeps changing according to seasons of life but still we cant term each and every love as selfless

Landya bhai how do you know that nature is giving us love,its we who are enjoying the nature and think its love
Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
that is Swami's interpretation and trust me all these interpretations keep getting revised and fine-tuned with every feeling that one comes across ...

I had this rare opportunity to enjoy the weather on the east coast on Saturday (this long weekend) ... Just me, and the surroundings ... no thought, no planning, just restfully sitting and watching ... It is a different feeling of oneness I have never felt before ... and this is the nature we are talking about ... So what has nature to be selfish about so as to give us this opportunity ...

I know I am asking the wrong question (or the answer is somewhere in the question )
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Known for less than 5 minutes? When a woman conceives, she has the baby in her womb for full 9 months (I know that you know this, but I felt the need to mention anyway). It’s a bond (and the purity of which) cannot be matched with any other form of love. The baby is a part of the mother. The mother loves the baby even if it cannot understand her…it is enough that the mother can understand the baby. Like I said, I am talking about the relationship and love between just the two of them….not comparing her own child with someone else’s.

Their love is soo….maybe you will not understand. You have to be a woman to know how it feels like I guess.
Lets analyse a bit further.
When baby smiles, the mother gets happiness. When baby cries mother gets worried. Basically the baby is GIVING all sorts of EMOTIONS to the mother. So the mother is getting back something in exchange for having the baby. What say you?
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellyfinger View Post

Humans (exclude clinically insane) do everything to satisfy their own selfish needs or feelings. Not saying tis wrong. Its just the way it is. Its the way we are wired.
I guess you will have to exclude me from commenting in this thread... as I belong to that group

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
U are right love keeps changing according to seasons of life but still we cant term each and every love as selfless

Landya bhai how do you know that nature is giving us love,its we who are enjoying the nature and think its love
because we are in the receiving mode ... I have an experiment for you, if you want to try ...

"Observe or watch the clear-blue sky for just 2 mins", let me know how it goes ...
Old July 7th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes I think love is binary - i.e. once its for getting back something in exchange and other times its with no expectations.