eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old March 5th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What is success

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I thought you had the book

Edit: I have sold all my books in raddi

More edit: for what they were worth
Quote:
Originally Posted by UIDIOTS View Post
I think both of us have the 'books'. But it is the 'mind' that differs which makes 'a book' '2 diff books'!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitrala View Post
Beware Sane pai...
I can read some subtexts here...
Quote:
Again 'mind' is what this is all about, isnt it?
Quote:
Nah... not all the time. Sometime a book is a book... and that is why we have dictionaries
Quote:
No, mind is what it all takes...
Quote:
The 'book' is clearly The 'book' but for the mind-less ones it is something else!
bloody hell!!!! This is way too heavy for me to comprehend! I am lost - a failure again!

Last edited by kkkk; March 5th, 2010 at 11:30 AM.
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Why not?
Who are we to judge? unless you are a judge in real life..
good one.
why not is because that money is at the cost of happiness of a lot of people.

Quote:
Hell they are successful! They are the most 'successfool people in the world. Hiding here and there to save their lives, comin out in disguise, never being able to enjoy their life, always in fear!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure, they are most successfool!
kya baata karte jee aap. aaj ke timaa mein, kaun chhupta hai jee? mai jaise bevakoofa, chhupte, jab ki aisa successfoola loga, mantri banke idhar ko udhar ko ghumte....

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
Success is a healthy mind and a healthy body.
Success is food in your stomach, roof over your head and a life that is peaceful.
Success is enough money to buy you whatever it is that your heart desires..
Success is having a happy and healthy family..
Success is having enough brains and imagination to use the resources you've been given effectively..
Success is wanting for nothing and getting it without too much fight..

and my favorite ....

Success is a White BMW 5 series in the garage... - hahahaha
excellent, so you do agree that success=money=success.
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Junior eCharchan

UIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
bloody hell!!!! This is way too heavy for me to comprehend! I am lost - a failure again!
Add this too!!!!!

Quote:
What is the use of a book (a guide) that is not clear to the mind-less

I gave the example of a dictionary. What is the use of a dictionary if I want to look up a word and all it gives me is incorrect meanings? What use is such a dictionary
Again u gotta believe in the basic goodness of 'the book' and mind is certainly what it takes to do so!!!!!!! The 'mind-less' ones loiter around on the tiny shore thinking that is all that is to it but lack the 'vision' of exploring the sea!!

Last edited by UIDIOTS; March 5th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

excellent, so you do agree that success=money=success.

yes..in this materialistic world - money is the oil that makes the wheels turn and having enough of it always contributes to a feeling of well being/success..
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulpsharma View Post
That's what my definition of success/failure is..... Till the time you were able to do what your mind wished for, it was a period of success...... Whenever, (if its now) , god forbid, you are unable to do what your mind wishes for, then its a period of failure.....

rahul ek baat bata. insaan ki umar rukti nahi hai, badhati rahti hai.
at the age of 60 is a man wishes to compete in 100mtrs worldchampionship, he is not going to be able to do it! Does that mean he failed? does that mean he is not successful?
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Junior eCharchan

UIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond reputeUIDIOTS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
His parents do have money, but he started and built the business off his own. His father's business will probably go to his brother as inheritance.
incidentally, his business is absolutely and completely in a different field from his father's. as far apart as transport and ID card printing.
Good for him! But maybe u took the '20 ciggis' literally. I only meant that a laidback, nonchalant, lazy person who doesnt want to do anything in this world apart from blowing away the 'dhua' of the ciggis at such a crucial stage of life wud never attain 'success' (unless ofcourse he is damn lucky to win a (say) lottery). Your friend here surely had that zeal and resolve to start his own business despite his parents being rich. He worked and he got! 20 ciggis were a real 'non-issue' here!!!!

Quote:
keeping the lottery guy aside for a minute, hard work, patience, resolve etc are really meaningless without work. Its like the story of a man who studies very hard all the year round but gets a puncture or gets in an accident while travelling to examination centre. All hard work, resolve, patience etc down the drain because of lack of luck.

Here too u take it literally!!! Winning a lottery maybe akin to accidentally tripping over a bag full of money in the garbage, ticking away at the MCQs without an idea in the world to what its all about but still getting it right etc.... i.e. the acts that do not require the expenditure of blood and sweat (aila khoon pasina) from ur part. But all these are not successes. They are mere momentary illusions which are exhaustible and will finally someday fade away. Luck is a tiny accessory part in the whole success story, its NOT the integral part. Hard work, resilience and all these 'bhashan baazi' words really do count and form the integral part of success and most importantly are indispensable in maintaining the success once acquired.

This is what i've seen with the real successful people in this world. None of them are flukes. They worked,they came, they saw and they conquered. This is what i like to believe in. Work, work and work and maybe someday that tiny lucky chance (it has to coz u deserve it now) arrives at ur doorstep and u cease it with all u got, all the hardships, labour etc.... So sweet indeed are the fruits of labour!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:47 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

depends on the person . At 60 its hard and if he achieves it we can call it successful . If you have put your heart into it and it turned out otherwise feeling of failure is obvious . Same vis-a-vis success .
Old March 5th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

rahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond reputerahulpsharma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
rahul ek baat bata. insaan ki umar rukti nahi hai, badhati rahti hai.
at the age of 60 is a man wishes to compete in 100mtrs worldchampionship, he is not going to be able to do it! Does that mean he failed? does that mean he is not successful?
But there are instances where some man at the age of 60 has indeed done some such wonder like running 100 meters or something equivalent in some amazing way (dont we come across such news from time to time of elderly ppl doing some strangely strenuous job.... m sleepy so wont search on google to find some such feats but...)..... so for that man, his mind wished for it and he could do it, so its a success.....

The richest man on the planet is also quite old...... Now here there are two ways of looking at the equation:

One that I am the Richest Man on the planet..... can still command and exercise every freedom..... so I am successful.....

Second, all my richness cannot get me back my youth cant buy me more time on this planet, so what use is this wealth....?? Cant command such a small thing with all my wealth - Time.....!!! I am a failure.....

To be able to command infinite (or large degrees of) freedom, one must have infinite resources/wealth/power etc..... OR one must have a mind that wishes for practical wishes in practical frames of references only......
Old March 5th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
But there are instances where some man at the age of 60 has indeed done some such wonder like running 100 meters or something equivalent in some amazing way (dont we come across such news from time to time of elderly ppl doing some strangely strenuous job.... m sleepy so wont search on google to find some such feats but...)..... so for that man, his mind wished for it and he could do it, so its a success.....
what I am saying though, the above does not mean that the other 60 year olds are unsuccessful!

Quote:
The richest man on the planet is also quite old...... Now here there are two ways of looking at the equation:

One that I am the Richest Man on the planet..... can still command and exercise every freedom..... so I am successful.....

Second, all my richness cannot get me back my youth cant buy me more time on this planet, so what use is this wealth....?? Cant command such a small thing with all my wealth - Time.....!!! I am a failure.....

To be able to command infinite (or large degrees of) freedom, one must have infinite resources/wealth/power etc..... OR one must have a mind that wishes for practical wishes in practical frames of references only......
so, time, luck, age and practicality are all factors of success? nahi yarr thoda jhol lagta hai.