eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old June 17th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Is this a co-incidence?

Last night something weird happened (again). My husband and I visited my sister-in-law who lives about 1 hour from where we live. After dinner we started back and reached home about 10:00 PM. Only when I was getting out of the car I realized that I forgot my handbag at her place. We had to drive back to her place and retrieve it and it was 12:30 before we finally reached home again.

The weird part is that, since the last few weeks I knew this was going to happen. I mean not exactly forgetting the hand bag and all but in the back of my mind I knew that I would waste good 2 and half hours driving back and forth to her place but couldnít really pin point when and why. This is not the first time its happening.

Is this just co-incidence? Does anything like this happen/happened to any one of you?
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:11 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is this a co-incidence?

deja vu... the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time.

yes all of us have had many deja vus...
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

i feel the same way almost on daily basis, feels like i have experienced the present scenario in the past too...exactly same.... frame by frame
Old June 17th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
deja vu... the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time.

yes all of us have had many deja vus...

No...its not a deja vu. I dont feel I experienced the situation before. I cannot even pin point properly whats going on in my mind. But when it happens I just realise this is exactly what I knew would happen a few weeks before itself.

Is this still deja vu?
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Premonition?
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:53 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Our life as such is more of a routine rather than being unique ... but that perspective is the same for anyone looking from 10,000 feet... I personally feel that if we are more aware from moment to moment, we would notice the uniqueness of that moment ...

On the other hand, if one wants to fit the moment into a larger perspective on a larger timescale, S/he has no option but to generalize it. I mean generalize the whole event that is being looked at a larger scale ... One cannot generalize a moment, unless it is conceptualized ... For example, right now I am typing this post but if I want to generalize I can say that my thoughts about such a scenario has been read by me somewhere or may be experienced by me somewhere ... Repitition comes to my mind first and then from that repetition, I can say, it belongs to a category of a deja-vu or premonition or etc ...

RakhiTai, can you pinpoint any unique moment during those times where you felt different ...
Old June 17th, 2009, 10:10 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
RakhiTai, can you pinpoint any unique moment during those times where you felt different ...

The only time I can actually pin point back is to the incident is during her engagement a few weeks ago. I left the handbag in the car, went inside the temple and then realized I left the handbag behind and came to fetch it. While I was opening the door I for sure thought that some day soon I would end up wasting good hours with the same handbag...this after hind-sight

Other than that ...its all a little vague.

Last edited by Rakhi; June 17th, 2009 at 10:43 AM.
Old June 17th, 2009, 10:16 AM
Senior eCharchan

I am actually reminded of my momís words now. She often used to argue passionately that the prophecies made by Nostradamus are so vague without a date that given enough time every prediction will come true.

Maybe the same thing here?
Old June 17th, 2009, 10:24 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
The only time I can actually pin point back is to the incident is during her engagement a few weeks ago. I left the handbag in the car, went inside the temple and then realized I left the handbag behind and came to fetch it. While I was opening the door I for sure thought that some day soon I would end up wasting good hours with the same handbag.

Other than that ...its all a little vague.
well you probably realised you have a propensity to forget the handbag and expected it to happen---- knowing yourself .

and as expected it did happen.
Old June 17th, 2009, 10:39 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Now call me crazy, but I too get such 'premonitions' from time to time.

Sometimes I think that our entire life is like a straight line. The rules are that you are allowed to walk ahead in a sequential manner. i.e. you cannot skip a few steps and see what's in the future. But then somehow, you sort of 'see' a few steps ahead in the present time; and I think this is what premonition means.
Old June 17th, 2009, 10:46 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Now call me crazy, but I too get such 'premonitions' from time to time.

Sometimes I think that our entire life is like a straight line. The rules are that you are allowed to walk ahead in a sequential manner. i.e. you cannot skip a few steps and see what's in the future. But then somehow, you sort of 'see' a few steps ahead in the present time; and I think this is what premonition means.
much of these ' premonitions ' are based on the likely situations you are expected to be in , your own response to the situation as based on your own experience of your own nature , and the response expected from those people who are likely to have some bearing on the situation ( their expected response depending on what you feel they are capable of doing in such a situation ).

have you really expected something really unexpected to happen- and then it really happened?
Old June 17th, 2009, 11:19 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I am actually reminded of my momís words now. She often used to argue passionately that the prophecies made by Nostradamus are so vague without a date that given enough time every prediction will come true.

Maybe the same thing here?
everytime someone talks of that fool Nostradamus I show them this video... all this prophecy business is the biggest sham ever...

Just watch this and it'll all be clear to you how lame Nostradamus and his so called prophecies are...
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE
Old June 17th, 2009, 11:27 AM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

you've probably figured out subconsciously or otherwise that in-laws are a waste of time, your brain's just factoring it in
Old June 17th, 2009, 11:57 AM
senior echarchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razzrhino View Post
you've probably figured out subconsciously or otherwise that in-laws are a waste of time,
in that case all women should have the kind of experiences rakhi is having .
Old June 17th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

razzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond reputerazzrhino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
in that case all women should have the kind of experiences rakhi is having .

and you know for a fact this unique experience doesn't happen to anyone else ??