eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old July 6th, 2009, 01:49 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Excitement missing in Life?

Have you ever felt an emptiness in your life ... I am not talking about the feeling of futility or a sense of rejection ... Let me give you an example: if you were the prime-minister of India and suddenly you realize you are not that anymore ... A sense of importance that you used to attach to yourself is not available anymore ... A sort of vacancy happens in life, wherein you feel that now you are no more ...

Another example applies to all of us professionals ... for example, a sense of urgency and all-eyes kind of scenario happens at work when there is a project crisis and you are called in for work ... When you are called you, you yourself hype it up some more by telling yourself, "oh man why me?, there is no peace in my life? everyday it is some crisis or the other, when will I live my life?" and then when the crisis is over, the relaxation doesnt last long, as one now tries to look for a meaning to one's life ... this meaning is attributed by others to us in the form of expectations that we need to fulfill day in and day out ...

These days I feel the same emptiness and then I ask myself "which one is real?" this sense of emptiness or that sense of "me-the-center-of-crisis" ... there is one thing that is a common factor here and that is YOU ... ofcourse that should be real enough? or is it?
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Excitement missing in Life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
Have you ever felt an emptiness in your life ... I am not talking about the feeling of futility or a sense of rejection ... Let me give you an example: if you were the prime-minister of India and suddenly you realize you are not that anymore ... A sense of importance that you used to attach to yourself is not available anymore ... A sort of vacancy happens in life, wherein you feel that now you are no more ...

Another example applies to all of us professionals ... for example, a sense of urgency and all-eyes kind of scenario happens at work when there is a project crisis and you are called in for work ... When you are called you, you yourself hype it up some more by telling yourself, "oh man why me?, there is no peace in my life? everyday it is some crisis or the other, when will I live my life?" and then when the crisis is over, the relaxation doesnt last long, as one now tries to look for a meaning to one's life ... this meaning is attributed by others to us in the form of expectations that we need to fulfill day in and day out ...

These days I feel the same emptiness and then I ask myself "which one is real?" this sense of emptiness or that sense of "me-the-center-of-crisis" ... there is one thing that is a common factor here and that is YOU ... ofcourse that should be real enough? or is it?
I feel empty when no one feels offended by me. I feel good when I can kick somones ass!
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:52 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

these days I even imagine creating false problems and trying to come up with a complex solution ... We all do that ... How many movies can one watch to relieve oneself of that emptiness ... In the end you need to confront it ... but we usually dont .. me neither ... I actually make my simpler problems that either dont exist or are not worth my immediate focus, to be something gargantuan ...

It's funny the way we live our lives ...
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post

Usually, kicks in after three years of marraige .
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:53 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Landya,

Agar kisi aur ne yeh thread suru kiyaa hotaa tow uski mai aisi bajataa....

But I don't want to mess with you and your philosophy.

Anyways....happens all the time. But then you have to make compromise. Otherwise what else can you do?
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
I feel empty when no one feels offended by me. I feel good when I can kick somones ass!
good one Viking Pai (repped), it is an honest view of one's trait... An identification of the problem is half the solution ... the ownership of that problem makes the solution negligible and brings the problem back to us ...

Last edited by landyaBhai; July 6th, 2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Landya,

Agar kisi aur ne yeh thread suru kiyaa hotaa tow uski mai aisi bajataa....

But I don't want to mess with you and your philosophy.

Anyways....happens all the time. But then you have to make compromise. Otherwise what else can you do?
AmthaBhai, aaap bajaye ... jiski bajana hai bajaye ... saale apne nahi bajayenge toh kya bahar waale bajayenge ...
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rather than compromise I'd rather kick someone's ass
Old July 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
compromise with what AmthaPai ... pehle yeh toh pata chale ki kaun sahi kaun galat ...
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:05 PM
Proud LLKC member

Sometimes I have also done this ...

"At times when I feel this sort of emptiness, I try to see if I can pick up a fight with someone or just hope and pray that someone say something to me and then I know I am all occupied with my Guns ready ... mazaa chakha doonga sochta hoon and then I realize that since there is a fight there is still some importance given to me, albeit negatively, but it is still good .. one then needs to elevate that self-importance to get rid of that emptiness, that started this whole mess in the first place " ...

So viking pai, kicking ass seems reasonable and very human to do ...
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

landyabhai, Indeed it is funny the way we live. I once read some where, “It is very easy to forgive a child who is afraid of darkness; the irony of life is when an adult is afraid of light”. We do not want to look deep in to ourselves, lest we may find too many skeletons.

But as long as it gives us happiness (we creating solutions for problems which do not exist in the first place), why should we consider that it is funny? It is logical…the way we live. “We” are real. We create problems and try to solve them. It’s keeping us occupied and happy. Then why do you call it empty?
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Proud LLKC member

I like the way our echarchans add the tags to any thread ... I usually have a good laugh at the tags of any thread ...
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
landyabhai, Indeed it is funny the way we live. I once read some where, “It is very easy to forgive a child who is afraid of darkness; the irony of life is when an adult is afraid of light”. We do not want to look deep in to ourselves, lest we may find too many skeletons.

But as long as it gives us happiness (we creating solutions for problems which do not exist in the first place), why should we consider that it is funny? It is logical…the way we live. “We” are real. We create problems and try to solve them. It’s keeping us occupied and happy. Then why do you call it empty?
Because we dont like the feeling of emptiness ... it is the groundwork for our impulses to start conjuring up something or the other until the end of the life ...
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Its called mid-life crisis. Get yourself a convertible or Harley!
Old July 6th, 2009, 02:12 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motowner View Post
Its called mid-life crisis. Get yourself a convertible or Harley!
Honda Civic chala raha hoon, motownUnkeel ...