eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old July 25th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Things that cause flashback in our lives

I was wondering we all are humans right? (Just Kidding) ... I mean, we do get tele-transported under certain impulses almost instantaneously to a certain time of our life ...

I mean, for example, when I was dating this girl back in India (under an arranged marriage scenario), I hadnt said yes for almost 4 months and then went back to India to be with her ... She took me to a movie, I think it was Fanaa ... And there I was in the theatre enjoying the beautiful song for the first time and she slips her hands in my hands (landya is not used to this) ... and my palms are sweating and she is still with me holding my hands ... It is a totally different feeling ... Unfortunately it did not work out between us ... But whenever I listen to this song (mostly when it is done impromptu), I can feel my sweaty palms in her hands with Amir Khan singing "Chand Sifarish Jo Karta Tumhari, Deta Woh Tumko Bata, Sharmo Haya Key Parde Gira Key, Hona hai tumpar Fanaa" ... My body almost gets the same goose bumps, the feeling of a warm undercurrent curling inside my body as it were when she slid her hands ...

There is another song in Taal that when played transports me to my first day in the US when I had landed to a totally unknown person's home who happened to be my friends friend's labmate ... And it was a pretty sophisticated building ... colored or tinted glasses overlooking the university on a sunny August afternoon and nobody walking on the streets ... one can see the University clock tower and I remember talking to my mom saying "mujhe wapas bula lo, mujhe nahi rehna yaha ... mera mann nahi lagta yaha ..." and I get transported to this scenario whenever I listen to this song from Taal ..."Kariye Naa Koi Vadaa Kisi Sey Kariye Naaa ..."

There are so many such moments in life where a certain event captures the feeling, the mood, the environment in its signature like fashion and that signature then gets imprinted on our minds, such that we get transported almost perfectly well in the same way as we were ...

Feel free to get transported here ... time travel is still possible in this thread ....

Last edited by landyaBhai; July 25th, 2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old July 25th, 2009, 10:52 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Things that cause flashback in our lives

Old July 25th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

tapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond reputetapasvi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
I was wondering we all are humans right? (Just Kidding) ... I mean, we do get tele-transported under certain impulses almost instantaneously to a certain time of our life ...

I mean, for example, when I was dating this girl back in India (under an arranged marriage scenario), I hadnt said yes for almost 4 months and then went back to India to be with her ... She took me to a movie, I think it was Fanaa ... And there I was in the theatre enjoying the beautiful song for the first time and she slips her hands in my hands (landya is not used to this) ... and my palms are sweating and she is still with me holding my hands ... It is a totally different feeling ... Unfortunately it did not work out between us ... But whenever I listen to this song (mostly when it is done impromptu), I can feel my sweaty palms in her hands with Amir Khan singing "Chand Sifarish Jo Karta Tumhari, Deta Woh Tumko Bata, Sharmo Haya Key Parde Gira Key, Hona hai tumpar Fanaa" ... My body almost gets the same goose bumps, the feeling of a warm undercurrent curling inside my body as it were when she slid her hands ...

There is another song in Taal that when played transports me to my first day in the US when I had landed to a totally unknown person's home who happened to be my friends friend's labmate ... And it was a pretty sophisticated building ... colored or tinted glasses overlooking the university on a sunny August afternoon and nobody walking on the streets ... one can see the University clock tower and I remember talking to my mom saying "mujhe wapas bula lo, mujhe nahi rehna yaha ... mera mann nahi lagta yaha ..." and I get transported to this scenario whenever I listen to this song from Taal ..."Kariye Naa Koi Vadaa Kisi Sey Kariye Naaa ..."

There are so many such moments in life where a certain event captures the feeling, the mood, the environment in its signature like fashion and that signature then gets imprinted on our minds, such that we get transported almost perfectly well in the same way as we were ...

Feel free to get transported here ... time travel is still possible in this thread ....

abe LB bhaiyya, yaar weekend pe itna bhaari bharkha thread kayko chaalu karta hai..thoda masti bisti karne ka fir monday to hai hi na depress ho ne ko..

For me:
Bhini mitti ki khushbu after first rain..it's hard to get that smell here in US a there is not much of open ground with mitti but back in India whenever I was away from home it took me back home..

Certain smell in old cars reminds me my first car which was very old nth hand car.

fir song Aafrin Aafrin, Nasha ye pyar ka nash hai makes me nostalgic.

Sometimes in heavy rain and under dark clouds me driving down lush green roads remind me of khandala/lonawala area..

Old July 25th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapasvi View Post
abe LB bhaiyya, yaar weekend pe itna bhaari bharkha thread kayko chaalu karta hai..thoda masti bisti karne ka fir monday to hai hi na depress ho ne ko..
Sorry TapasviBhau ... zara galti sey mistook ho gaya ...

echarcha par joh bhi mann karta hai likh deta hoon ... mann mein koi duvidha mein rakhta nahi ... aaj likhoon ...likhoon ya na likhoon ... isko delete karoon, usko edit karoon ... kahi jyada personal toh nahi ... aisi baatein dimaag ko bahut pareshaan karti hai .. aaj kal aur parso ... Why create such mental predicaments when actually they dont exist ...

So I wrote it as it came to me ... you know how landya is?
Old July 25th, 2009, 11:47 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post

AmthaBhau ... BTW, kaunsey peg par ho aap abhi ... nahi ho, toh pehlo ek doh peg maaro aur phir sey read karo es thread ko ...
Old July 25th, 2009, 11:58 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
AmthaBhau ... BTW, kaunsey peg par ho aap abhi ... nahi ho, toh pehlo ek doh peg maaro aur phir sey read karo es thread ko ...
lol... apun ka 5th peg on. almost done really. i understand you bro... so amazing that the smallest of things can cause an emotional tsunami. bindass likho idhar ec pe. koi kuchh bole to ek kaan se dusre mein... you know.

I recall the most beautiful memory in my life yet. Winter months (probably late Dec or early Jan) in Kanpur UP. I had my vacations and sitting in the lawn in the bright afternoon sun after lunch, eating revadi and moongphali (peanuts/seengdana in marathi). My mom knitting a sweater, sister listening to songs on the radio. I wish I could record all of it with most amazing screenplay and camera work. Kind of like the end scene of the movie American Beauty. The scene I'm talking about starts 2:06 into the clip when there's a plastic bag swirling in the wind. The narration during the scene goes like this...

Quote:
I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.
How beautiful
daaru pee ke sab kitna clear dikhta hai... everythings either black or white. No wonder sadhus smoke chillum to achieve the same level of clarity with meditation.

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; July 26th, 2009 at 12:49 AM.
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
The scene I'm talking about starts 2:06 into the clip when there's a plastic bag swirling in the wind. The narration during the scene goes like this...

How beautiful
Yes life has it own way of showing us where the happiness is ... in the smallest of things sprinkled everywhere on the vast ocean of details and diversity ... our mind misses it for it finds the diversity too appealing and gets entrapped in it only to miss the miniscule stupidities in life that bring the most joy ...

many thanks! (repped you although it is nothing to what you have expressed ...)

Last edited by landyaBhai; July 26th, 2009 at 12:39 PM.
Old July 26th, 2009, 12:41 PM
Proud LLKC member

let's fill in the tags for this thread as and when members step out of their present and come face to face with some event that takes them somewhere known ...
Old July 26th, 2009, 01:32 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes life has it own way of showing us where the happiness is ... in the smallest of things sprinkled everywhere on the vast ocean of details and diversity ... our mind misses it for it finds the diversity too appealing and gets entrapped in it only to miss the miniscule stupidities in life that bring the most joy ...

many thanks! (repped you although it is nothing to what you have expressed ...)
Thanks to you for making me flashback into the most beautiful moment.
Old July 26th, 2009, 04:03 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Most of flashbacks are very personal ... Desibaba won't like or LM is best place for members to come clean.

As a matter of fact ... there is a need for a forum ... no ... not inner sanctum shit ... just a place for regular members with few hundred posts to their credit to be able to indulge in private fantasies of un-LM kind. Just a step farther up from LM which needs 300 posts.

Most of my own flashbacks are related to embarrassing moments, result of my own very personal handicap ... no ... leave it ... its too embarrassing ... I will be ashamed to talk about it.

My most un-pleasant flashback is the day I discovered ... it was at a swimming pool ... I wore swimming trunks like all you normal people ... as I stepped out of changing room and proceeded to swimming pool ... there was huge commotion and women shrieked ... I thought ... I thought someone had drowned. No ... I would rather not talk about it. It makes me so ashamed.

Moderator's please close this thread. I would rather not talk about my handicap.

edit/add ... but I would like to remind you guys ... be grateful for what God has given you. Never complain. Never ask for more. Never wish for more. You never know ... your wish may just be granted and you will end up like me ... a monster ... only a monster will make women shriek in shock and disbelief. You guys ought to be glad ... women like you for your looks, bikes, cars, and bank accounts. I so wish I was like you guys.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; July 26th, 2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

There are so many things which bring back memories. I travel back almost everyday.

I brought a saree with me which my mom wore for Diwali a long time ago (when my sis and I were still little girls). I remember she was looking so stunning that I could hardly take my eyes off her. That day she made idly, pongal and vadai for breakfast. Dad took us all to the temple and in the evening I had the time of my life with lots of yummy food, fire works and music.
Whenever I open my saree’s closet now, her saree is the first one to greet me…which takes me back to the world of a very happy little family....a very long time ago, yet as fresh as it happened this morning.

When I go out to water my veggie plants (especially tomatoes), I remember how my mom’s beautifully tended plants look like and how she used to explain me how to take care of weeds etc.

Whenever my husband wears his (and my) favorite T-shirt, I would instantly fly back in time…the day we first met and the moment which was so magical…nothing comes even close.
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Most of flashbacks are very personal ... Desibaba won't like or LM is best place for members to come clean.

As a matter of fact ... there is a need for a forum ... no ... not inner sanctum shit ... just a place for regular members with few hundred posts to their credit to be able to indulge in private fantasies of un-LM kind. Just a step farther up from LM which needs 300 posts.
folks, let me know if you want this to be moved to LM ... the last we want is public looking into these personal aspects although I dont find anything that others may not have experienced in their lives ...
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
folks, let me know if you want this to be moved to LM ... the last we want is public looking into these personal aspects although I dont find anything that others may not have experienced in their lives ...
I am okay with this thread being here. But if you want you may move it to wherever. I'm fine with that too.
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:05 AM
Proud LLKC member

BTW AmthaLal I know what you did this summer ...

:
:
:
:
:

last 3 tags are from you, I know
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tags.JPG (8.3 KB, 38 views)
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:12 PM
Proud LLKC member

A silence, a quiteness, a stillness is felt when we stop and just observe or watch the nature around us without any interpretation or qualification ... I am sure almost all of us have had this feeling when we are very close to nature, say trekking to the mountain top, amidst the jungle with the sounds of the birds making a handshaking gesture with the winds trying to ruffle each and every leaf, trees dancing ... in the middle of all this diversity is you who is just spellbound at the beauty and the silence from which these sounds and this beautiful panaroma emanates ... Or when one looks at the vast expanse of the sky, the clouds painting different dreams on the canvas of the blue sky ... the observer initially feels too small in comparison to the sky ... then he looks at the clouds ... imagines different shapes from the clouds and then looks at the existential and ever present sky and has no words to describe but a feeling of deep stillness within gets inspired and the person at one point makes no difference as to where he is ... is he the observer or is he the sky?

I dont remember the exact mantra in Hinduism that describes this ever present stillness around us ... I remember listening to it in my childhood days and I used to have hairs rising on ends with an internal warm undercurrent that invigorates the body as if a chord vibrates on the instrument on which it is struck ...

If you are in massachusetts, I can tell you the exact location where I have felt it a number of times ... where the trees shadow the highway and are too overpowering to be ignored (yet it is ignored by almost all who are passing through) ... one has to observe oneself driving, the feeling of tires meeting the asphalt/concrete road, the weight of one's body resting on the car seat, one suddenly realizes as if one is moving in a dream world and the focus of the mind moves from the constantly planning mental activity to this moment where one is among the trees and there you see its stillness ... the infintesimal moment where everything seems to be speaking yet silent ...

I know I am not making sense ... I dont feel it always but whenever I come to this point on the I-95 South toward RI I make it a point to be aware of what I am doing and what my surroundings are ... sometimes that silence comes and sometimes it doesnt (mostly when I am expecting that it should come and then the mind again steps into some sort of planning that is the idea to be expecting something somewhere)