eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beating any intellectual Bush with the old dogmatic brooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Okay... serious... enough Italian... back to being Indian. My signature... now... do you think I have something wrong as my signature... something that is prejudiced? In fact, what is the meaning of prejudice... maybe you can post what you think prejudiced means?

As an aside... I can tell you for sure that I am not biased by using that quote as my signature. If truth hurts... suck it. Saliva has some good healing properties.

Also... why do you have Bush in a proper name format but broom is used as a common name
Truth never hurts ... It hurts to those who keep a lot of false identities about themselves and are not willing to confront it themselves ...

Prejudiced as in taking or assuming things to be true and using it as a fact to generalize your perception about something even when it has not actually manifested or is in the process of manifesting .. For example, if you were to see a hijaab wearing woman, your mental perception about the person would be very different than who the person in reality is ...

Your ideas about beating the followers of the people of peace is no different than the ones who claim Hinduism has the most democratic caste system ... They generalize and you as well ... And in that generalization, you have taken the most basic right of a human being, his right to present himself as who really is? But then that is what we all do ... something or the other we keep in mind about a certain person ... something that happened in the past ... something that was good or bad (most likely it is the bad incidents that mind always wants to play with or in my words beating the bush with the broom )... The person might have already moved on and would not necessarily be in the same frame of mind as you thought S/he were ... Now a meeting between you too is a false meeting ... The reality is a meeting of person in physical but the unreal part that is assumed to be real is the meeting of two minds and you might very well know that is unreal ... I am talking about that prejudice ...
Old August 2nd, 2009, 08:42 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Plus I want to add one more thing ... Most likely your comments about the people of peace is with what you identify yourself with ... Your ego is based upon a number of simple things (that are assumed to be real) ... You think you have understood the world and more specifically people following a certain faith. You say to yourself, you are not them ... But that is not enough, you have to bring yourself everyday to the conclusion that you are not them ... and how do you do that ... you end up generalizing some miscreants from same faith to the whole sect ... It is what Maxi does ... what I do ... There is absolutely no difference ... We tend to identify ourselves more with what we do not believe in than with what we believe in ... for if we were to delve into things that we believe in, we would realize that like any other normal person (who believes in keeping himself up-to-date), we have taken things on their face value ... assumed it to be our truth and the first step in that process of assumption is to identify those who are opposed to this idea and then beat this bush using the newly formed broom of yours ...
Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

That sure is a lot of verbal diarrhoea

Listen... just a few words... I find it hard to go loose like you. Show me a single post where I said that we should beat muslims (all muslims).

So, you say that we should not treat all people with the same brush (or beat bushes of all people with the same broom). I do not agree... I may agree with the theory of it... but it is not practical. When we go around meeting people, we have to set standards... quickly judge people based on their facial/physical features... and make a decision. Most of this happens automatically... you must be doing it instantaneously... as it has become a habit by now. There is no other way... however much beating about the bush (with your philosophical broom) you do. You got to judge people by their first impressions... else it becomes very difficult... to live.

You can rave and rant... post after post... but without first impressions, things will become hard... and you will become more and more depressive. So yeah... if I see someone in a burkha... I will have one of 2 thoughts. One, she is a "peaceful" terrorist man hiding underneath there. Two, she is a cow... who has no independant thought for herself. See, that is simple. If I were to follow your path, then I will try to open her burkha... not just the physical one but also her mental one. And in the process will get killed... by her father and/or husband. And how many such burkhas should I open... and how many deaths should I undergo... before I come across one that will change my mental perception about women in burkhas

And if and when I do come across a woman in burkha who changes my mental perception... what then? Should I change my perception about all women in burkha because of that one woman... or should I treat that one woman as an exception... and go on opening mental burkhas of more women in burkhas? So, don't you think that perceptions based on facts and evidence (and not prejudices as you falsely claim without any basis... in fact, in this thread it seems you are the one with prejudices... that you are wildly going around accusing others without any provable evidence) are much easier to live with... and enjoy life, as it should be?

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 3rd, 2009, 10:49 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
I am talking about that prejudice ...
I know what you talking about... I was reading Osho where he says how most people rush their new borns or kids to some Hindu/Sikh/Christian/Muslim/ whatever ceremony and pollute their minds... they don't give their offspring a choice to choose a religion or philosophy... Osho says how even to get voting rights for idiotic politics you need 18/21 years of adulthood but for religion you don't allow even one year of life...

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; August 3rd, 2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:05 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Just came across this... a muslim woman's poem,

STONE ME

WHIP ME,

FLOG ME,

MAKE ME BLEED,

SHARIA LAW IS ALL I NEED !!!!!!!

From now on I think I will remember this poem too... whenever I see a woman in burkah

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:40 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

But where is the solution . When you have an offspring you are responsible for it . He looks upto you for answers . He will be more trusty of you than of anybody else. But if you yourself do not know the answers how will you bring him upto speed.

I remember there was a discussion long time back about a kid teasing someone or bullying someone. What is the difference. Why is one so different than the other . If the parent cannot make up his mind about this how will the offspring figure it out ? .. It was suggested that all we can give is examples so that his bent of mind may change. But that means imposition from the parents. Parents belief thrust on the child ..

Somehow I think religion should start of as an initial guiding path but not the ultimate truth . Like there are many things in childhood which we were afraid to do because God maybe "angry". Now it seems a little outrageous but wasnt it needed so that we atleeast stay in line growing up ..
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:45 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Anyway Landyadubai pai... I am not a racist. Because racism is a crime... and only muslims indulge in crime

Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:51 AM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Anyway Landyadubai pai... I am not a racist. Because racism is a crime... and only muslims indulge in crime
The main point is keeping yourself safe , shouldnt comprise that for anything. My uncle a Software recruiter would not entertain Muslim applications because that was his reason of staying safe. Want no Muslim working around me
Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:14 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Why now qualify more ... it is just an attempt of your ego to say well I am not that bad or it is not bad to criticize people of certain faith ...

Yes, Yes, and one more Yes I agree that you are not racist, as if I wanted to hear from you ...

There's something I have read that has worked always ...

There is a fictional detective, Hercule Poirot, who appears in many of Agatha Christie's books. In one story, when he was completely stuck, he just started talking to everyone who was involved, and spent many hours just listening to what they had to say. Poirot's theory was, "If you let people talk about themselves for long enough, sooner or later they give themselves away."

Last edited by landyaBhai; August 3rd, 2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:16 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
I know what you talking about... I was reading Osho where he says how most people rush their new borns or kids to some Hindu/Sikh/Christian/Muslim/ whatever ceremony and pollute their minds... they don't give their offspring a choice to choose a religion or philosophy... Osho says how even to get voting rights for idiotic politics you need 18/21 years of adulthood but for religion you don't allow even one year of life...
Yes exactly ... even folks of 18/21+ dont have any fucking clue as to whom to vote .. folks like these are so prejudiced that no wonder they can be swayed either way .. the result is a stupid government that we get ...

A person's faith becomes more important than the person (that one sees)... How moronic can we ever get?

Last edited by landyaBhai; August 3rd, 2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:18 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
That sure is a lot of verbal diarrhoea
I know it doesnt taste good ... When I foundout myself, I couldnt even imagine how many people's rights I have violated because of my prejudices ... One feels very ashamed from the bottom of his heart that one can be so stupid to not give a person his right to express himself without the other already labeling him as this or that ...
Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:43 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
I know it doesnt taste good ... When I foundout myself, I couldnt even imagine how many people's rights I have violated because of my prejudices ... One feels very ashamed from the bottom of his heart that one can be so stupid to not give a person his right to express himself without the other already labeling him as this or that ...
Landyabadapan pai, here are my list of prejudices...

Muslims - crazy people who are prone to violence at the drop of a hat

Hindus - crazy people who would prostate and give up their lives then fight for their right

Christians - crazy people who think they have the right path to heaven and everybody else is going to hell

Buddists/Jains/Parsees/Sikhs - crazy people with crazy philosophies

Oriental/ancient religions - crazy people with more crazy philosophies

Atheists - crazy people who broke down due to some emotional trauma

Now, did I miss any?

And yes... I use a broom to sweep them all under the carpet

Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:58 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Landyabadapan pai, here are my list of prejudices...

Muslims - crazy people who are prone to violence at the drop of a hat

Hindus - crazy people who would prostate and give up their lives then fight for their right

Christians - crazy people who think they have the right path to heaven and everybody else is going to hell

Buddists/Jains/Parsees/Sikhs - crazy people with crazy philosophies

Oriental/ancient religions - crazy people with more crazy philosophies

Atheists - crazy people who broke down due to some emotional trauma

Now, did I miss any?

And yes... I use a broom to sweep them all under the carpet
You have a hell lot of a broom ... and there is so much dirt for you to clean ... must be too tiring to be doing it all alone ... when do you get a chance to rest
Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:25 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
You have a hell lot of a broom ... and there is so much dirt for you to clean ... must be too tiring to be doing it all alone ... when do you get a chance to rest
No... I just wait for these crazies to eliminate each other... so that I can rule this world of one

Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:38 PM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
No... I just wait for these crazies to eliminate each other... so that I can rule this world of one
I dont see you waiting or resting .. rather I see you restless with criticisms ... if you were resting, you would have first taken it easy upon them and then on yourself ...