eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:41 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Beating any intellectual Bush with the old dogmatic brooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
I dont see you waiting or resting .. rather I see you restless with criticisms ... if you were resting, you would have first taken it easy upon them and then on yourself ...
I feel rested because I do this here... from a keyboard... going online... completely relaxed... like a king. It would be real hard work if I had to actually go out and convince someone of my opinions. All the yelling and shouting... and screaming... and drawing of blood (mostly mine)... na baba... not for me. This is good.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 3rd, 2009, 02:54 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I feel rested because I do this here... from a keyboard... going online... completely relaxed... like a king. It would be real hard work if I had to actually go out and convince someone of my opinions. All the yelling and shouting... and screaming... and drawing of blood (mostly mine)... na baba... not for me. This is good.
And how do you think drawing blood is any different from using some words to convince another ... Any word spoken or any feeling or emotion or thought that manifest but not yet put in words still affects you ...

I give you an example ...

I am sure you can relate to it .. I thought something about my higher up at Job and today when we were out playing Golf, I was not myself ... S/he is saying something and half of my mind is still stuck at a thought that just manifested (not fully though) and I cannot even look into his or her eyes ... It was so weird ...

So even though blood or sweat is spilled or wasted, I think when it comes to being ruled by your mind, I would probably choose the later and get it done with rather than keep beating around and around the same bush for every single day ...

Last edited by landyaBhai; August 3rd, 2009 at 04:11 PM.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Since the topic of prejudice is working in 2 simultaneous thread , I just put it somewhere.

Just wondering where is the line at being prejudiced and being comfortable.

I have black friends that I have been going out with spending time , but I was called prejudiced by this one guy who said I never visit black clubs . If the first thing that crosses my mind is guns , drugs and violence , does that make me prejudiced or just taking an informed decision . Baaki sab jaaye
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:09 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Just came across this... a muslim woman's poem,

STONE ME

WHIP ME,

FLOG ME,

MAKE ME BLEED,

SHARIA LAW IS ALL I NEED !!!!!!!

From now on I think I will remember this poem too... whenever I see a woman in burkah
They hardly ever have the time to bleed! I thoought they were always pregnant!
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post

How many times has it happened to us, that somebody says something to us, apologizes, and still when we meet them, the first thing that pops in our mind is that he said something to me ... Now although on the outside, we are smiling but on the inside we are not comfortable ... In fact in reality it might be a situation like my baby that the other person has forgot what he said to you and is basically in a good disposition ...
I am not quite sure if we can actually survive if we keep on forgiving and forgetting what others have done to us. Complete acceptance of what is ‘now’ should stop my brain from letting the past experiences affect my future thoughts.

But…let me give you an example; my relationship with my mother in law. On her last visit, she made my days miserable. I accepted it every day…trying not associate the pain with me. She left and she came back in a few weeks. I smiled back. But she started where she left and even when I call her now; she gets very mean to me. So, accepting everyday and everything for what it is, is not helping me not to affect my future thoughts. Know what I mean?
What am I missing then?
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:58 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I am not quite sure if we can actually survive if we keep on forgiving and forgetting what others have done to us. Complete acceptance of what is ‘now’ should stop my brain from letting the past experiences affect my future thoughts.

But…let me give you an example; my relationship with my mother in law. On her last visit, she made my days miserable. I accepted it every day…trying not associate the pain with me. She left and she came back in a few weeks. I smiled back. But she started where she left and even when I call her now; she gets very mean to me. So, accepting everyday and everything for what it is, is not helping me not to affect my future thoughts. Know what I mean?
What am I missing then?
RakhiTai, the fact is we all want to improve the situation ... there are many ways ... most of folks want to improve the other person by telling them what they dont like and how they should improve it ... The fact is you cannot change the person just by talks alone ... or by words ... else we would be standing among buddhas and ramas ...

The solution is very simple ... You accept whatever comes to you including forgiving the person for S/he is not what they they think they are ... for example the situation that you describe is exactly the same at my place as well ... wifey and my mother are at crossroads OR at horns against each other on every single stupidity ... I have told her to accept my mother's behavior as it is and I have told my mother the same ... No one is willing to give up and until they dont, they will be suffering ...for me, I used to come in between, but now I dont ... if they come to me, I give the same answer "accept each other as it is" ... I am accepting both of them as it is and so I am not perturbed by it ...

There is no other solution ...