eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old November 11th, 2009, 12:19 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Who would you save? Mother, spouse, sibling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Say your mother, spouse and sibling are on a boat. The boat is about to sink and none of them can swim. There are no life-jackets, no other safety devices present. You are the only one who can swim and you can save only ONE of them.

Who do you save? And why?
mother....because then I can brag..."Mere paas maa hai"

Last edited by dhurandhar; November 11th, 2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old November 11th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Junior eCharchan

crazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant futurecrazzy me has a brilliant future

WHOAAA!! how do u make dat choice!!
If i save one and leave the other two to drown.. i will suffer from survivor's guilt throughout my life..
Sooo.. guess... will stick to them till the very last moment.. in the boat itself!!
Old November 11th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Silly answer but I will see if I can reach 911 first.

Else, like Jaispeaks said, save the one whom I think I would be able to.
I know...I will need to see a shrink the moment i set my foot on ground, for I would die of guilt.
Old November 11th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Silly answer but I will see if I can reach 911 first.

Else, like Jaispeaks said, save the one whom I think I would be able to.
I know...I will need to see a shrink the moment i set my foot on ground, for I would die of guilt.
you can't do that... one can't tell one's mom/wifey... told ya to watch your weight... sorry cant save you...

I cant swim, nor can my siblings... mom is a good swimmer, dont have wifey... so its mom's choice

Old November 11th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

I can't swim, Mom is gone, neither my wife nor siblings know how to swim. tow fir bachayegaa kaise?
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:50 PM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Say your mother, spouse and sibling are on a boat. The boat is about to sink and none of them can swim. There are no life-jackets, no other safety devices present. You are the only one who can swim and you can save only ONE of them.

Who do you save? And why?
1will try to break the boat so that non-swimmers can cling to floating parts and in meantime I will swim back to shore (taking along the person who is in trauma/shock along) to get some help...will also give 'survival tips' to the person I am leaving behind...

2. also one can attempt turning boat upside down and this way it will float on water due to trapped air I guess. Sibling/mother can cling to some internal structure in turned boat (this will prevent them from weather-conditions+ view of large water body (contributing to fear) and in meantime you can swim alongwith one person (who is more in shock...will be mother I guess) and come back later to save 2nd person

anyways kharchu, here is my advice to you.

1. start giving more attention and time to bhabhiji
2. When did you last take her for a movie, shopping etc etc? Do it now! make her feel special from time to time
3. Stop taking your 6-abs dream seriously. A guy in mid/late-30s suddenly spending lots of time in gym will always be interpreted as 'weird and doubtful behavior' by wife.

all in all, a soon to be macho man will not think about such questions. Bhabhiji is really angry with you. To avoid such questions in future please pay attention to what I said above.

back to question...depends on who is asking the question...

wife- Ofcourse you darling. Remember during wedding I vowed "till death do us apart" (ok..now..can we have sex?)

mother- bro mom..bro! (she will be rest assured that after she dies siblings will live happily together not to miss that she will be relieved that currently you are not 'joru ka ghulam' . answering you wont make her any happier.)

bro- you bro! khoon aakhir khoon hota hain....

friends- hit back to them that they are not giving enough attention to their wives (just like the way I told kharchu)...

Last edited by sprite; November 12th, 2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old November 11th, 2009, 11:52 PM
Banned

sprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond reputesprite has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
I can't swim, Mom is gone, neither my wife nor siblings know how to swim. tow fir bachayegaa kaise?
in that case...who would you kill first....holding on to a floating dead-body can save life, right?
Old November 12th, 2009, 12:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazzy me View Post
WHOAAA!! how do u make dat choice!!
If i save one and leave the other two to drown.. i will suffer from survivor's guilt throughout my life..
Sooo.. guess... will stick to them till the very last moment.. in the boat itself!!
You are not becoming a manager anytime soon girl !!
Old November 12th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Senior eCharchan

khaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond repute

use mobile, call a responsable person(s) who can contact the support at the earliest - fore people boat sinking, i think even if they use their hands to throw water out ( or use common sense like tring to block the holes from where water in flodding in) they can easily surive for an hour or so.

ab yeh mat bolana, ki mobile bhi nahi hai kisi ke paas, network nahi hai, kya indian ocean ke beech mein le gaye kya boat ko i got better things to 'suppose' than to think my family in any kind of trouble.

Last edited by khaski_khopari; November 12th, 2009 at 12:35 AM.
Old November 12th, 2009, 02:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Silly answer but I will see if I can reach 911 first. .
after trying for minutes..."mom...bro...I just got connected to 911...whhhhoooopie...they want to know our location....you know where we are? :looks around: mom...bro....? mommmmmmmmmmm???"
Old November 12th, 2009, 02:49 AM
Indian eCharchan

Indian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond reputeIndian has a reputation beyond repute

cannot answer ...but i know i will do certainly something ..which will save everyone.
in such a difficult situations...i always become super man..why i don't know

not ashamed to be IDLE !
Old November 12th, 2009, 03:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
cannot answer ...but i know i will do certainly something ..which will save everyone.
in such a difficult situations...i always become super man..why i don't know

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.
I AGREE

Last edited by sprite; November 12th, 2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
after trying for minutes..."mom...bro...I just got connected to 911...whhhhoooopie...they want to know our location....you know where we are? :looks around: mom...bro....? mommmmmmmmmmm???"

This is why we need GPS . I am fairly sure that if I am sitting in a boat with no life jackets and 3 non-swimmers, the least I will do is get the map along with me and stay close to the shore. So, I am sure I know where I am
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
This is why we need GPS . I am fairly sure that if I am sitting in a boat with no life jackets and 3 non-swimmers, the least I will do is get the map along with me and stay close to the shore. So, I am sure I know where I am
Gosh...you are so much technology driven! assume you are near godavari bank in andhra and you took a boat to cross river and suddenly the boat capsizes and you guyz are drowning.....what will you do?
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprite View Post
Gosh...you are so much technology driven! assume you are near godavari bank in andhra and you took a boat to cross river and suddenly the boat capsizes and you guyz are drowning.....what will you do?
Well to be honest with you, I wouldn't want to cross a river without a life jacket (yeah yeah....don't remind me, I did once in Turtle Bay but we all knew swimming). not sure why the boat is sinking but I would try and save the lightest weight person so that I am sure at least one person is saved.

And Spriteji, what do you mean by survival tips? Its not possible to teach swimming through crash course, especially in high current.