eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Philosophy

Notices

Philosophy To be or not to be...

Old December 7th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: (Mystic) Avtars/Gurus/Babas in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Who the hell is Ron White and what did he say in 2006
2007 will come one day.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
2007 will come one day.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
Who the hell is Ron White and what did he say in 2006

Google it.
Old December 7th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Googled: "What did Ron White say in 2006"

First link: "Ron White: You Can't Fix Stupid"

... samjha... mera koi ilaaz nahi hai

This is the guy who is a stand-up comedian with a cigar in one hand and a glass of whiskey in the other (or nearby). Yes... agree with him... you can't fix stupid. I mean, how much more stupid can you get... than smoke

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old December 7th, 2009, 02:39 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeyjee View Post
Dear BP,

i am a family man yes and i am quite aware of the ropes you mention. but I fail to understand the connection between my post, "ropes of this site" and rest of your post about genuineness of avatars/gurus/babas.

you seem to have had some personal or near-personal experience. it would be good if you share.

I keep distance from gurujis/bapus/babas who run ashrams and schools, have made quite an empire and leave a legacy behind. Which is what you mean i hope. Would you like to warn about a Shirdi Sai Baba or Akkalkot Swami Samarth? I hope not.
My dear Dubeyji, I was alarmed at innocence in your main post otherwise intention was never to cause offense. I am a devotee of Shirdi Baba myself and for very reasons you wrote.

You wondered at my mention of "learning the ropes at this site"...... you would have known had you known me better is what I meant.

YES, I DO SPEAK OUT OF PERSONAL EXPERIENCE. I know what it takes. All I need to turn myself ON is clean saaf suthre armpits, a glimpse of thigh or a leg or a certain smile or for a woman to wink while staring at my crotch area...... is all it takes for me to be aroused and women know it. Beauty or lack of it depends entirely upon level of my desperation.

But, women are not like that. Irrespective of educations, women got hundred switches and any one of them can turn them on in flick of a second. If I know so, so does these Mahatmas who got a flock of hundreds of devoted and admiring women sitting on the floor while Swami sits on pedestal.

later later
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old December 8th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute

Dubeyji,

I am very very very intimate knowledge of the "baba world" - you can say, an "inside knowledge". I do not want to talk about my past experiences, but I have to be warn you to be careful.

A "so-called-baba" I know (no names please) would talk very eloquently about faith. Then he would have burning coals and shout out "Who has faith in me? In God? With faith you can walk on burning coals barefoot. See me do it." Then he would walk on burning coals!

Then he would ask the crowd - "Is there any one who has faith in God? Any God? Come with me and I'll show you how." After some time a hand would go up. He would then ask the man to pray, and the man would walk on fire barefoot!!. Slowly a couple more would come. Then more. Finally the whole crowd would be walking on fire!!!". People would touch the fire with their fingers and would get scalded. (In case you want the secret, ask me. Dont want to waste space).

Then he would thunder "I don't want your money. I want YOU. Your soul! Please don't give money to anyone using my name. There is no religious tax in this country - at least not yet." (laughter at this).

Now tell me Dubeyji - honestly tell me. If yoiu had YOURSELF walked on fire without burning, just changing a mantra. If you held a paper it burnt. Then the "messiah" says "NO MONEY PLEASE". He also says - "ALL RELIGIONS ARE SAME". You WOULD believe him or not? Tell me honestly.

My friend, the world of babadom is far trickier than you think. Ask me - I know. Fortunately, some real babas abound
Old December 9th, 2009, 07:05 AM
dubeyjee

Someone thinks I am too innocent. ye bechara kaam ke bojh ka mara, par mujhe nahi chahiye cinkara.
Someone else thinks Baba Bangali is mine and Syed Peer Baba is his.
Someone else thinks I am completely unaware of what might possibly be going under the garb of being a baba.

Sabko

I know of people who have been in trouble for no mistake of theirs and that disturbed them (मन विचलित हुआ).
Randomly उनका मन विचलित हुआ करता था.
They were suggested a remedy as simple as repeated chanting of some mantra like 'ॐ नमः शिवाय' or something similar जब भी मन अशांत हो जाए.
It helped them.
folks who dont know any such or think this is all bullshit, may stfu.
rest may share.
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:29 AM
Clown Prince

chitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond reputechitrala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeyjee View Post
Someone thinks I am too innocent. ye bechara kaam ke bojh ka mara, par mujhe nahi chahiye cinkara.
Someone else thinks Baba Bangali is mine and Syed Peer Baba is his.
Someone else thinks I am completely unaware of what might possibly be going under the garb of being a baba.

Sabko

I know of people who have been in trouble for no mistake of theirs and that disturbed them (मन विचलित हुआ).
Randomly उनका मन विचलित हुआ करता था.
They were suggested a remedy as simple as repeated chanting of some mantra like 'ॐ नमः शिवाय' or something similar जब भी मन अशांत हो जाए.
It helped them.
folks who dont know any such or think this is all bullshit, may stfu.
rest may share.
Dubeyjee,
There are certain kinds of people who visit such Babas(I dont mean temple visiting people, there are many god fearing people who hate such Babas)

Some visit because they believe in anything that has Baba/holiness/rev/peer etc. attached to its name.

Some visit out of curiosity, they may or may not have any beliefs in such Babas.

Some visit because they or their dear ones are in trouble. They think that what's wrong i giving it a try. Who knows it may work/help.

The first kind will always get 'man ki shanti'.
The second one may or may not come out with anything but always get entertained.
The third kind mostly comes out disappointed and feel like 'thaga hua'.

I read about Neem/neeb karori baba you've mentioned earlier. He has not preached much, but one of the few things he has said is that he could not perform any miracles or he did not have any 'powers'. Still he is known as the chamatkari baba. strange, noh?

Last edited by chitrala; December 9th, 2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old December 9th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shringarey View Post

Now tell me Dubeyji - honestly tell me. If yoiu had YOURSELF walked on fire without burning, just changing a mantra. If you held a paper it burnt. Then the "messiah" says "NO MONEY PLEASE". He also says - "ALL RELIGIONS ARE SAME". You WOULD believe him or not? Tell me honestly.

My friend, the world of babadom is far trickier than you think. Ask me - I know. Fortunately, some real babas abound
I don't know about Dubeyjee, but I think I would believe in such a baba. I mean I wouldn't consider the baba as God Himself (No Sane, don't ask me what God is) but would sure benefit from him knowledge of greater things.

Who is it Shringarey? How to get to him? I am assuming he is in India.
Old December 9th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
I don't know about Dubeyjee, but I think I would believe in such a baba. I mean I wouldn't consider the baba as God Himself (No Sane, don't ask me what God is) but would sure benefit from him knowledge of greater things.

Who is it Shringarey? How to get to him? I am assuming he is in India.
Rkahihi tai, there is nothing wrong in gaining knowledge... the problem happens when all you do is follow someone... blindly... so blind that you tend to be fanatic about your baba. That is when I tend to disrespect... no, not the follower... but the so-called baba. A baba who asks for blind faith from his followers is a fraud baba. That is why I would rather follow people like Ali Sina or Gandhi or Richard Bach... they never ask for utmost faith in them. They demand that you follow your own path. But sadly, in Gandhi's case, he got Indians as followers... and he himself was killed abruptly.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old December 9th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute

Rakhi Madam,

You say you would believe in him. But he is a FRAUD. He loots people of their money. You know something, if you have burning coals, and put a lot of salr on them, you can walk on them without any scalds. What happens is this - the NaCl (commen Salt), combines with hydrocarbon (coal) and prevents ash formation. If you walk, it is the ASH which gives you burns.

He says that he will not take money and PROHIBITS people from giving money. But its a fraud too. I know how money is taken. I am just saying that there a frauds and there are real guys. The frauds are so subtle, that it is difficult to spot it. Sacchhee mein.

I used to be with them (years ago) and leart some cool tricks - like stopping the pulse and stopping the heart. Then I would volunteer in medical colleges where young students were being taught. If a girl came, the heart would stop. Then she would rub some nice things on my chest. It was all peurile stuff then.

But beware of Babas. I have seen fortune tellers tell fortune accurately. Once, I challenged my boss that I would be able to tell the next days US$/Rupee rate upto 4 decim places (I was in FX trading then). When the rate was the same as predicted, he was shocked. Then I told him the trick of doing it. He was angry - never thought he could be conned. Of course its a trick. Otherwise I'd be richer than Bill Gates. But I've seen people doing it. They "predict" the future with 100% accuracy!!! But they cant predict anything.

All I'm saying is take care. Also I have seen true Babas. Genuine ones. Their names will not appear anywhere - but they are realised souls.

A confession now - I used to harbour dreams of being a "baba" myself. But luckily I did not do it. Its a path filled with money and power. But then you play with people's heart - and thats sacred territory.
Old December 10th, 2009, 03:50 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rakhi Madam,

You say you would believe in him. But he is a FRAUD. He loots people of their money. You know something, if you have burning coals, and put a lot of salr on them, you can walk on them without any scalds. What happens is this - the NaCl (commen Salt), combines with hydrocarbon (coal) and prevents ash formation. If you walk, it is the ASH which gives you burns.

He says that he will not take money and PROHIBITS people from giving money. But its a fraud too. I know how money is taken. I am just saying that there a frauds and there are real guys. The frauds are so subtle, that it is difficult to spot it. Sacchhee mein.

I used to be with them (years ago) and leart some cool tricks - like stopping the pulse and stopping the heart. Then I would volunteer in medical colleges where young students were being taught. If a girl came, the heart would stop. Then she would rub some nice things on my chest. It was all peurile stuff then.

But beware of Babas. I have seen fortune tellers tell fortune accurately. Once, I challenged my boss that I would be able to tell the next days US$/Rupee rate upto 4 decim places (I was in FX trading then). When the rate was the same as predicted, he was shocked. Then I told him the trick of doing it. He was angry - never thought he could be conned. Of course its a trick. Otherwise I'd be richer than Bill Gates. But I've seen people doing it. They "predict" the future with 100% accuracy!!! But they cant predict anything.

All I'm saying is take care. Also I have seen true Babas. Genuine ones. Their names will not appear anywhere - but they are realised souls.

A confession now - I used to harbour dreams of being a "baba" myself. But luckily I did not do it. Its a path filled with money and power. But then you play with people's heart - and thats sacred territory.
welcome back shringareyji...........i want to read more of what you write .........sunit tells me i should read your past posts..........since i joined this year only.............i havent got time to read them.........but will try to read them now that i have read what you wrote here............i have mighty high expectations
Old December 10th, 2009, 04:13 AM
Senior eCharchan

I'll give one more example of a baba. He was once my co-student.

What you experience (the illusion)
Mr X is a successful stock investor. One day, he got a dream in which Ganeshji told him to build a temple in Maharashtra. He built the temple and a hut alongside it, where is stays. He shifts between Mumbai (stock broker) and the hut. In his temple, Ganapati "gives darshan". You first pray at a Ganesh Temple. Then you go through a narrow stairs upstairs. There are notices like "No talking. Silence please, Put Mobile Off, etc". You go up the stairs one at a time. On top of the stairs is a lkarge balcony. You can stay in the balcony as long as you like and pray skyward. Till one person has reached the balcone, another person is not allowed to go up. In the balcony you look at the sky. Suddenly, Ganeshji appears to you in the sky!!! You ask him your request. Then you go down another way. Yoy visit another Ganapati to say your prayers, and push off. When the baba is there, you can visit him - but NO MONEY PLEASE. In case you are happy, you can give him a fruit or so. People are ecstatic and swear by the temple and the baba.

The reality

This guy is a con man. Have you seen pictures where you stare at something for say 30 secs and then you look at a blank wall and yu "see" something - Jesus Christ, US flag, etc? Its based on positive/negative images of color cones (check google). Well, the path towards the gallery is constructed in darkness, and as you naturally move upwards towards the light, the shape of the tunnel is a "negative Ganapati image". When you are on the terrace, and look at the sky, you will see a "positive Ganapati" there!! "one person at a time" rule is because if many people are there, they would not see the negative image, as it is blocked by person in front. When they go to the "exit Ganapati", they donate so much out of sheer ecstasy!! Then they visit the baba "who charges nothing". The baba takes the money and uses it to show that he is a "stock investor". He pays full tax on it (0% LTCG). Then the story of a successful stock magnate who lives in a hut makes sense.

So, don't get taken by anything!!!!
Old December 10th, 2009, 07:49 AM
dubeyjee

Quote:
I'll give one more example of a baba. He was once my co-student.

What you experience (the illusion)
Mr X is a successful stock investor. One day, he got a dream in which Ganeshji told him to build a temple in Maharashtra. He built the temple and a hut alongside it, where is stays. He shifts between Mumbai (stock broker) and the hut. In his temple, Ganapati "gives darshan". You first pray at a Ganesh Temple. Then you go through a narrow stairs upstairs. There are notices like "No talking. Silence please, Put Mobile Off, etc". You go up the stairs one at a time. On top of the stairs is a lkarge balcony. You can stay in the balcony as long as you like and pray skyward. Till one person has reached the balcone, another person is not allowed to go up. In the balcony you look at the sky. Suddenly, Ganeshji appears to you in the sky!!! You ask him your request. Then you go down another way. Yoy visit another Ganapati to say your prayers, and push off. When the baba is there, you can visit him - but NO MONEY PLEASE. In case you are happy, you can give him a fruit or so. People are ecstatic and swear by the temple and the baba.

The reality

This guy is a con man. Have you seen pictures where you stare at something for say 30 secs and then you look at a blank wall and yu "see" something - Jesus Christ, US flag, etc? Its based on positive/negative images of color cones (check google). Well, the path towards the gallery is constructed in darkness, and as you naturally move upwards towards the light, the shape of the tunnel is a "negative Ganapati image". When you are on the terrace, and look at the sky, you will see a "positive Ganapati" there!! "one person at a time" rule is because if many people are there, they would not see the negative image, as it is blocked by person in front. When they go to the "exit Ganapati", they donate so much out of sheer ecstasy!! Then they visit the baba "who charges nothing". The baba takes the money and uses it to show that he is a "stock investor". He pays full tax on it (0% LTCG). Then the story of a successful stock magnate who lives in a hut makes sense.

So, don't get taken by anything!!!!
Wah kya post hai.

2 points:

1. LTCG is no longer 0%. till last FY it used to be.
2. a foolish can be fooled by almost anything including negative/positive but someone who knows may need that something extra.
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:59 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Rakhi Madam,

Oh...its the the chemicals which is preventing the burns then. no wonder, this morning when lighting the diya by mistake I burned my little finger only for a second, yet shrieked like there is no tomorrow.

How did you predict the stock price...is that a secret? This is getting interesting. perhaps you are using historic data to get to the current one and somehow by luck your Tom's matched?

I dont know any baba's and I don't think I will ever meet them. But these stories are very interesting.