eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old August 12th, 2000, 02:24 PM
Junior eCharchan

me is on a distinguished road
Smile

I haven't seen a hindi movie from long ..... time.
And would like to give a shot for some good, sensible and less melodramatic movie.

Someone please give names of new movies (falling in the above criteria).
Old August 12th, 2000, 07:29 PM
gandu

The movies I've seen recently include Hey Ram and some golden goldies like Guddi and Chalti Ka Naam Gaadi.

Its time for us to revisit the classics!
Old August 14th, 2000, 02:51 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Talking If you like 3 hours of pure timepass...

If you can keep your logic and intelligence aside for 3 hours and wish to have pure time-pass then Govinda films are the best

Try Govinda's Joru Ka Gulaam... total timepass and corny comedy. You can try Kunwara also by Govinda, but Joru Ka.. is the better one..

If you want something intelligent and good then try Aamir Khan's Sarfarosh.
Old August 15th, 2000, 02:42 AM
Junior eCharchan

Rusi is on a distinguished road
If you love watching comedy,try Hera-Feri.As usual Paresh Rawal has done a great job.
Instant and sophisticate.
Old August 16th, 2000, 02:21 PM
Banned

zyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond reputezyzzva has a reputation beyond repute
Cool A Few More

I would like to add a few to the list

(1) Pushpak ---> The ultimate comedy silent movie

(2)Golmaal

(3) Shaukeeen

And all other Utpal Dutt movies who happens to be one of my favourite actors but unfortunately we have lost him.

(4)Maya Memsahaab

(5)Salaam Bombay

(6)Zakhmi Aurat

(7)Baaton baaton mei and other Amol Palekar movies

(8) Jaaney bhee do yaaaro (An ultimate comedy and a must watch)

Old August 17th, 2000, 02:58 PM
Junior eCharchan

khadoos is on a distinguished road
Re: Here Comes My List

Quote:
Originally posted by NARCISSIST

(19)I'll let u know about others also i dont recollect but it was an awesome comedy rather the best comedy recently in the nineties starring govindaa and anil kapur directed by david dhawan which had trhe song "OH mummy daddy ho jayo ready "

[/b]
This one is Deewana Mastana.

Khadoos Bollynews site
BollyNews.cjb.net
Bollywood Jukebox
http://orion.spaceports.com/~amit/go...s/jukebox.php3
Old August 17th, 2000, 08:20 PM
gandu

I second the vote for Utpal Dutt movies. Golmal was / is a brilliant movie. Add Amol Palekar's movies to the list.
Old August 18th, 2000, 04:58 AM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute
GOLMAAL .. My all time favorite movie.... IIIeeeshhhh...
Kudos to Utpal Dutt and Amol Palekar....

Hay... How about that one ... In which Ashok Kumar tranes Amol Palekar how to hook girls .... assertiveness training ... personality development ... and later on Amol Palekar gets even with Asrani and others. That one was superb too. Rajni-Gandha, I think was the name of the movie... Am I right?

[Edited by krantikari on 08-20-2000 at 10:30 PM]
Old August 28th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: any suggestion on good hindi movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari View Post

Hay... How about that one ... In which Ashok Kumar tranes Amol Palekar how to hook girls .... assertiveness training ... personality development ... and later on Amol Palekar gets even with Asrani and others. That one was superb too. Rajni-Gandha, I think was the name of the movie... Am I right?

Nope, the movie is "Chhoti Si Baat"... not "Rajnigandha". Both movies are classics... though I think the second one will beat the first one by whiskers for quality and direction.

Sorry... just could not stop myself from correctly what was obviously incorrect on echarcha. Our information should be pristine and absolute. Nobody should be misled.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old August 28th, 2015, 11:34 PM
Junior eCharchan

Memento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud of

There was something extremely annoying about Amol Palekar, and his portrayal as the poor, innocent, zindagi-ke-bhoj-ka-maara middle-class man. Something about the 'who.. me? why me?' expressions, and pseudo-softness.

Sanjeev Kumar was better, even if he did fewer roles as ordinary middle-class man. Sanjeev Kumar with his not-tucked-in shirt, and slightly nasal tone... Died at 47. What a loss.
Old August 29th, 2015, 06:42 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

I would recommend watching Tere Naam or Main Prem Ki Diwani hoon. For max effect, you should watch it back to back. I once did and I still have vivid memories of the after effects.

Old August 29th, 2015, 11:26 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute
Re: If you like 3 hours of pure timepass...

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
If you can keep your logic and intelligence aside for 3 hours and wish to have pure time-pass then Govinda films are the best

Try Govinda's Joru Ka Gulaam... total timepass and corny comedy. You can try Kunwara also by Govinda, but Joru Ka.. is the better one..

If you want something intelligent and good then try Aamir Khan's Sarfarosh.
Adding "Dulhe Raja" and "Hadh Kar di Aapne"

I saw 'had kar di aapne' on the bus and for a change was laughing with every one else.