eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Puzzles

Notices

Puzzles Oh those mind bending brain twisters!

Old September 4th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

shruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond repute
Puzzle

PLEASE DON’T QUOTE ME IN THIS THREAD. I PLAN TO DELETE THIS POST ONCE I GET MY ANSWERS SINCE MODERATORS/ADMINS DON’T COMPLY WITH REQUESTS TO REMOVE THREADS ALTOGETHER.

You have 500+ friends on FB. Some day you notice that the friends count is lesser by one or two. But you don’t know who broke the friendship. Also you have the earlier list of friends saved in MS Excel since it has happened before. Is there any elegant short cut (without checking each and every name) to know which person is not there in your friends list anymore?

Last edited by shruthi_ks; September 4th, 2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old September 4th, 2011, 07:50 AM
Senior eCharchan

shruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond reputeshruthi_ks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Puzzle

Further if the friends deny having broken the friendship can you tell why itís happening? Has the FB profile been hacked?
Old September 4th, 2011, 12:08 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by shruthi_ks View Post
PLEASE DON’T QUOTE ME IN THIS THREAD. I PLAN TO DELETE THIS POST ONCE I GET MY ANSWERS SINCE MODERATORS/ADMINS DON’T COMPLY WITH REQUESTS TO REMOVE THREADS ALTOGETHER.

You have 500+ friends on FB. Some day you notice that the friends count is lesser by one or two. But you don’t know who broke the friendship. Also you have the earlier list of friends saved in MS Excel since it has happened before. Is there any elegant short cut (without checking each and every name) to know which person is not there in your friends list anymore?
This is neither a puzzle nor a mystery - its more to do with your friends who might be tired of your conspiracy theories
Old September 4th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

There's a way in Excel to highlight differences in one or more files. It shows you what is missing or extra between the two spreadsheets. Have done this but don't remember exactly how. Google.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 5th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

in excel use a function called LOOKUP or VLOOKUP.

or simpler still check this -

http://mashable.com/2009/08/31/faceb...iends-checker/

The act of de-friending someone on Facebook may have just become a bit more socially awkward. There’s now a Greasemonkey add-on (available here) that will check your network at scheduled intervals to see if anyone has removed you and alert you when it happens.

As Inside Facebook points out, Facebook doesn’t offer this type of functionality natively. Thus, without the script (or something similar), you’d have to manually check your network for deserters, which would be insanely tedious, especially if you have hundreds of friends.

In other words, what was once fairly easy to get away with (de-friending someone) could become a confrontation if your ex-friend happens to have this script, called Facebook Friends Checker, installed.

The script reminds us a lot of Qwitter, which promises to send you email alerts whenever someone un-follows you on Twitter. Believe it or not, anecdotally, it would seem these apps get a lot of usage. While I rarely un-follow anyone, when I do, it seems an @reply asking me about it is never far away.

Of course, the more socially respectful way to drown out someone who is over-sharing, at least on Facebook, is to simply hide their updates in the News Feed. At least until someone comes up with a way to monitor that activity too.

Do you or would you use something like Friends Checker or Qwitter? Share your thoughts in the comments.