eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

View Poll Results: Who created Indus valley civilization?
Japanese 2 40.00%
Bhartis 1 20.00%
Pakistanis 0 0%
Someone else 2 40.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old August 24th, 2016, 05:17 AM
Junior eCharchan

Activation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these parts
Re: Indus Valley Civilization may have been created by Japanese

A speculative hypothesis …

So how did these linguistic and cultural relationships come about (if they are indeed real, and not merely coincidences)?

Here is my (very speculative) theory on how linguistic relationships could have come about:

It is speculated that the Uralic (Finnish) language family is related to the Altaic (Turko-Mongolic) [17]. As mentioned previously, the relationship between Japonic and Altaic is accepted in some scholarly sections [1]. Dravidian, on the other hand, is also suspected to be related to Uralic and Altaic languages [18]. This leads me to speculate that there may have indeed been a proto Uralic-Altaic-Japonic-Dravidian language widespread across Europe and Asia. The rapid spread of the Indo-European language family, and culture (perhaps coinciding with the domestication of the horse in the steppes of Central Asia, a potential homeland of proto-Indo-European) led to these other languages losing ground and being completely replaced in large swathes of Europe and Asia. Isolated from each other, these languages gradually evolved independently into their current form.

An alternate possibility, and one that might very well be true for the cultural similarities, is that Japanese and Dravidian peoples interacted sometime before recorded history, although the exact mechanism of these interactions remains to be determined.

This exploratory expedition has just set sail. There is much to be discovered, and discussed, much room for debate and well-reasoned skepticism. I hope you have enjoyed the journey thus far, and will continue to travel with me, to the final destination “wherever the trail of truth may lead”.

http://japanese-dravidian.blogspot.i...ypothesis.html
"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."
Old August 24th, 2016, 05:17 AM
Junior eCharchan

Activation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these partsActivation Mail is infamous around these parts

Self delete Repost
"You don't have enough faith," Jesus told them. "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it would move. Nothing would be impossible."
Old August 24th, 2016, 06:08 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

That explains why Rajnikant movies are hit in Japan

Old August 24th, 2016, 09:01 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Japs must be like .. look at this Indian tomfool .. disregarding all the scientific advancement.. defying laws of physics at will.

Actually all the jokes on Rajini are copied from Chuck Norris jokes. You will know if you watch any of his movies, a few were decent though like delta force.
Old August 24th, 2016, 09:49 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

I heard Japanese people like Rajnikant a lot!

Old August 24th, 2016, 10:51 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
I heard Japanese people like Rajnikant a lot!
And thats what Activation Pai's PhD thesis seems to investigate
Old August 25th, 2016, 04:29 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars View Post
And thats what Activation Pai's PhD thesis seems to investigate
They are not my ideas although I agree with them. I have posted the source.
Old August 25th, 2016, 07:53 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute

Activation Mail,

The relation of Sanskrit to Latin, Greek, and other Indo-European languages has been firmly established. This has led to the hypothesis that there was one dominant group of people, and for some reason they migrated a lot and spread around the Northern hemisphere.

However, I have long suspected that it is only half the story. There was another region and another language which was dominant in the South - proto Tamil. Where it started is not certain. Tamil has too many similarities to Ethiopian and other African tongues. So quite possibly it originated in Africa. Alternatively it originated in S. India and spread around.

I believe that this thesis should be explored. I suspect that it would lead to a conclusion, not palatable to a lot of people - that Proto Tamil was at least 2000 years earlier than Sanskrit!!

Cheers
Old August 26th, 2016, 08:54 AM
Junior eCharchan

Arrow Re: Indus Valley Civilization may have been created by Japanese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shringarey View Post
Tamil has too many similarities to Ethiopian and other African tongues. So quite possibly it originated in Africa. Alternatively it originated in S. India and spread around.
Dude,

It sounds more like Western racist propaganda blizzard than any real scientific investigation – linking dark skinned South Indians with Africans.

Last edited by Activation Mail; August 26th, 2016 at 08:56 AM.
Old August 26th, 2016, 08:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Shringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond reputeShringarey has a reputation beyond repute

Activation Mail,

NO. I have not read this about Africans and Tamilians sharing the same tongue in any Western Book.

Plz see here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWyAYGlFZjk

I have arrived at conclusion based on my own analysis.
Old August 28th, 2016, 06:28 AM
Junior eCharchan

Arrow Re: Indus Valley Civilization may have been created by Japanese

Quote:
Activation Mail,

NO. I have not read this about Africans and Tamilians sharing the same tongue in any Western Book.

Plz see here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWyAYGlFZjk

I have arrived at conclusion based on my own analysis.
Language similarity doesn't mean anything. Sri Lanka's Sinhala is an 'Indo-European' language but their culture and appearance and even geographic location are all 'Dravidian'.

Blacks of USA speak English but they are not connected to Anglo-Saxons.

Last edited by Activation Mail; August 28th, 2016 at 06:40 AM.
Old August 28th, 2016, 08:39 AM
Senior eCharchan

Activation mail,

I thought we were talking of Language and its spread. If that is not what you meant, what did you mean?
Old August 28th, 2016, 03:50 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

I sortof agree to Actu's theory.

However, there is one aspect Tamilians are not aware of. Tamilians may not be indigenous to Tamilnadu. There is a high probability that Tamilians had their origins near the foothills of the Himalayas. Part of the clan may have migrated northwards towards Japan, while part of the clan migrated southwards.

Old August 29th, 2016, 06:38 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Activation mail,

I thought we were talking of Language and its spread. If that is not what you meant, what did you mean?
Read the title and the OP. The topic is 'Which community created the Indus Valley Civilisation?'