eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old July 4th, 2017, 08:25 PM
eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future
Weird Bosses

I am sure we all have had our share of pathetic bosses. Share some incident or trait of your boss that is funny or not very likeable.

I had a boss who was a total feku. His lies were initially funny but it got pathetic after sometime when it combined with his ineptness and formed a lethal combination for the team. The guy would lie through his teeth about having patents, having invented or lived in USA. And he was someone who always compared with others and tried to show he is superior. Like if during a convo someone said that his/her sibling is so and so, he would go "Maloom hai, mera bhai CTO hai is/us company ka" (hard to verify before Linkedin era). If someone said my kid got a praise in school, he will go "Mera beta won some national competition".
Old July 5th, 2017, 05:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wierd Bosses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhidubhai View Post
I am sure we all have had our share of pathetic bosses. Share some incident or trait of your boss that is funny or not very likeable.

I had a boss who was a total feku. His lies were initially funny but it got pathetic after sometime when it combined with his ineptness and formed a lethal combination for the team. The guy would lie through his teeth about having patents, having invented or lived in USA. And he was someone who always compared with others and tried to show he is superior. Like if during a convo someone said that his/her sibling is so and so, he would go "Maloom hai, mera bhai CTO hai is/us company ka" (hard to verify before Linkedin era). If someone said my kid got a praise in school, he will go "Mera beta won some national competition".
sounds very petty. Generally people who do this have an inferiority complex and so, they MUST be the top ones'; it doesnt matter you praise a 1 year old for his cuteness, the boss still has something to compete with the 1 year old.

Mine currently is not funny. extremely pushy. Puts blame on every single person, no appreciation for anything we do. lie lie lie through the teeth. not funny at all, he makes jokes about his wife too which drives me crazy.
Old July 5th, 2017, 03:19 PM
eCharchan

Bhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant futureBhidubhai has a brilliant future
Re: Wierd Bosses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
sounds very petty. Generally people who do this have an inferiority complex and so, they MUST be the top ones'; it doesnt matter you praise a 1 year old for his cuteness, the boss still has something to compete with the 1 year old.

Mine currently is not funny. extremely pushy. Puts blame on every single person, no appreciation for anything we do. lie lie lie through the teeth. not funny at all, he makes jokes about his wife too which drives me crazy.
Yes the bugger had serious complexes since he was not hired by any brandname desi IT MNC also evn during peak IT boom in India. He was left out in the cold when all his relatives and friends must have gone abroad. Chutiya saala. I am glad I got out of that rubbish.

I cant understand how people can make jokes about spouse at work. Self derogatory humor works but self family derogatory one is a no-no. My boss wouldnt talk about his wife at all bcoz he was busy womanising. His wife was a highly qualified professional stuck with tjis MC.
Old July 6th, 2017, 08:23 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weird Bosses

Many desi people are like that.. they not only lie, but compare each and every thing.

A real life example:

Gult colleague: I heard that your kid's day care is substandard, it's for families with low salaries.

Me: So, 950 bucks a month in a mid-tier city is affordable for low income folks? And you are from the family of Hyderabad Nawabs? Experience something yourself or get an opinion from a few folks at least instead of learning everything from a desi guru.
Old July 6th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Senior eCharchan

Aashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond reputeAashika has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Weird Bosses

Boss: You cannot take time off using the time-in-lieu
Me: Why
Boss: at your level you dont get time in lieu
Me: You approved it. I asked you before i applied for time -in lieu
Boss: Well, you cant.
Me: OK, I will check with my HR rep to see what can be done as i dont want to lose my time off
Boss: OK fine, you can have the time off
Me:..........