eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Newbie FAQ

Notices

Newbie FAQ Welcome to our community. Please read this before you start posting...

Old September 4th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Junior eCharchan

Memento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud of
Re: I am new here. Are there any forum rules here

"fundoo" actually used to mean something or someone really cool. it still means that when old friends and I chat on whatsapp.

i even looked up its meaning on samosapedia - the definitive guide to South Asian Lingo - looks like outside politics threads, it has a positive connotation.
http://www.samosapedia.com/e/fundoo
Old September 4th, 2015, 11:28 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Who is stopping you?
Go ahead and ask. Never know, we all might get to see.
PieceSeeker stopped me. She was about to show, then he/she killed the thread.

Old September 4th, 2015, 01:20 PM
Junior eCharchan

Memento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud ofMemento Vivere has much to be proud of

would have been interesting if instead of canning the thread, the senior members had been asked what they give in the return goodie bag on receiving such visual senior-dakshina.

naah.. j/k.. thread did need to be canned, not 'coz it'd offend any member, but could discourage new members from joining.

Behold EC ke achche din.

==========
In college ragging, in exchange for good behavior, seniors used to tell the juniors (both guys and gals) where the hard to find textbooks can be found in the library.
Old September 4th, 2015, 01:22 PM
Junior eCharchan

goldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
Do you really look like Madhuri dixit?

I like her acting. She and A. Rai, both are very talented actresses. The profile pic is just to show, am a woman writing on the forum though I am not as beautiful as M. Dixit.
Old September 4th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Junior eCharchan

goldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to beholdgoldensoul is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggudada View Post
Are there forum rules? No rules. If moderator can call a member: besura old uncle then all bets are off, hopefully you should also be able call moderator something similar.
remember, mods have remote control.
Old September 4th, 2015, 01:30 PM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySar View Post
Canadians are nice. It is the colder climate that makes them so. You ask something that you think is riské, and by the time it gets through, warms up and seeks a response, you'd not care anymore.
Just do it... eh ? { that is the Canadian Nike line}
Canadians are really good at soft skills. Our climate nowadays is really hot.
Old September 4th, 2015, 02:41 PM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensoul View Post
Canadians are really good at soft skills. Our climate nowadays is really hot.
Canadians are tops or near the tops for the politest country in a recent international survey. (You may google and get to see the link) As you say, southern Ontario is south of some parts of USA, and therefore it is hotter. And likely has more stressed out people. In your location, they elected Rob Ford as the mayor, didn't they ? He was soft, but pudgy as well. And got caught buying and doing crack.

Even though there is a "No Rules" rule for forum participation, and members are asked to check their annoyances, peeves, angers etc.. before logging in here, it is the frequent exception that makes someone bring up that rule. And say "eh?".
Old September 4th, 2015, 03:10 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

HeySar,
Now you are bugging us!!!
Do you and your dups want us to rewrite the rules ?

I think AmthaBhai was right in saying don't allow dupes to talk to themselves..
Old September 4th, 2015, 06:08 PM
Junior eCharchan

HeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of lightHeySar is a glorious beacon of light

eCharcha.Com Statistics
Welcome to our newest member, DementoBevero

Just saw this... is spoofing a form of praise, recognition ?

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." - Charles Caleb Colton
Old September 4th, 2015, 06:12 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldensoul View Post
I like her acting. She and A. Rai, both are very talented actresses. The profile pic is just to show, am a woman writing on the forum though I am not as beautiful as M. Dixit.
So are you one of those desi aunties that looks like a third world nanny?

Old September 5th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Junior eCharchan

DementoBevero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySar View Post
eCharcha.Com Statistics
Welcome to our newest member, DementoBevero

Just saw this... is spoofing a form of praise, recognition ?

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery." - Charles Caleb Colton

Agreed. Agreed. OKo. OK.
Old September 5th, 2015, 08:55 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memento Vivere View Post
would have been interesting if instead of canning the thread, the senior members had been asked what they give in the return goodie bag on receiving such visual senior-dakshina.

naah.. j/k.. thread did need to be canned, not 'coz it'd offend any member, but could discourage new members from joining.

Behold EC ke achche din.

==========
In college ragging, in exchange for good behavior, seniors used to tell the juniors (both guys and gals) where the hard to find textbooks can be found in the library.
We could have given her complimentary access to Lal mirchi.

Old September 6th, 2015, 05:54 AM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
So are you one of those desi aunties that looks like a third world nanny?

How about making it First world Kalidasji.

Thnx to all for the warm welcome. (even notorious welcome too).