eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

View Poll Results: Do you prefer a male boss or a female boss?
Male boss 12 37.50%
Female boss 11 34.38%
I dont care as long as CEO is male 3 9.38%
I dont care as long as CEO is female 3 9.38%
I am self employed and my own boss 6 18.75%
Dont care at all 5 15.63%
Depends on the individual 12 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old July 19th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Question Do you prefer a male or female as your boss? What gender is your boss?

In our company I see some groups where the manager is a female. I have only once worked for a female boss, back in India.

So would you prefer a female boss? Or a male boss is fine?

What are some of the differences you have seen in the working and managing styles of a female versus a male boss?
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do you prefer a male or female as your boss? What gender is your boss?

females are more sincere,talkative and take more interest in arranging meetings....some unrelated to the work...I don't like these things...
Also,females stay from politics...so that means clean environment for work...I like this...
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

For me,doesn't matter whether boss is male/female or CEO is male/female...just gotta do my work and go...
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:35 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

shouldn't there be one more option. "Don't care at all".

And my option will be - depends on the individual (and for that I need another option).

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Red face Re: Do you prefer a male or female as your boss? What gender is your boss?

When I was in India, at one job my boss was female. She used to be quite political with some other managers and always be in the midst of politics. Also she used to just throw around MBA type phrases and jargon. I dont know how she was still a manager when she should have been kicked out because I had seen atleast 3 senior folks quit in protest.

Anyway, in US, I had a female tech lead when I was a contractor in my first contract. She too was a MBA jargon types and technically weak. One good thing was that she realised her technical weakness and would always take me to meetings and turn the discussion over to me when anything technical came up.

I prefer a male boss as I can be very open and direct with him. He is a guy and I know what and how I can say things to a guy. If I say something I know that it will be understood as such. With females I dont know. They might find non existent nuances and different meanings to what I have said.

Offcourse, I would give anything to work for a female boss like Demi Moore!
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
shouldn't there be one more option. "Don't care at all".

And my option will be - depends on the individual (and for that I need another option).
Updated options...
Old July 19th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
In our company I see some groups where the manager is a female. I have only once worked for a female boss, back in India.

So would you prefer a female boss? Or a male boss is fine?

What are some of the differences you have seen in the working and managing styles of a female versus a male boss?
male boss..I just can't stand the thought of serving a female
Old July 19th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
male boss..I just can't stand the thought of serving a female
my boss is female
but she is ver good

Last edited by max de Indiana; July 19th, 2005 at 08:09 PM.
Old July 20th, 2005, 05:54 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of

Observation : UMA has selected all the options available. Wonder why ?
I prefer male boss. In my experiences, I have'nt had any issues with male bosses really. They have been technically strong, good control over team & projects. Sometimes, I have felt that I am more comfortable communicating with a male boss.

Have had 1 female boss back in India & I really did'nt understand how she was made Project Leader. Technically weak, no strong hold/control over the members of the team, bad assignment of work to team members.

Current job, female boss. Technically good, overall strong grip over matters, helps when in a spot, but too hot. lol
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminatorJR
Observation : UMA has selected all the options available. Wonder why ?

I observed same.....

So now question is WHO IS UMA....?

Because only MODs or ADMINs can modify the votes. (I know this from being a MOD on other forum.... )

BTW...I'm my own Boss.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Clipboard11.jpg (93.1 KB, 42 views)
Old July 20th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
I observed same.....

Because only MODs or ADMINs can modify the votes. (I know this from being a MOD on other forum.... )

BTW...I'm my own Boss.
My dear Amtha.....thanks for the illuminating post

I suspect that Tantu and UMA are two sides of the same coin
Old July 20th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My dear Amtha.....thanks for the illuminating post

I suspect that Tantu and UMA are two sides of the same coin
And he thinks you are UMA

Sent from my iPhone.
Old July 20th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila
And he thinks you are UMA
how do you know what tantu thinks?
Old July 20th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
how do you know what tantu thinks?
He said that in one of the UMA threads a few months back

Sent from my iPhone.
Old July 21st, 2005, 01:06 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: Do you prefer a male or female as your boss? What gender is your boss?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
I observed same.....

BTW...I'm my own Boss.
Oh Shit
These moderators/ senior staff of EC are too much & they are only reason or multiple ID's & all bashing.
& most of them have many ID's

VERY BAD