eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Defense

Notices

Defense Defense and national security...

Old December 12th, 2008, 11:21 AM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute
Re: How we caught the terrorist alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post
As always amazing Baba !

On the other hand...is it safe to allow to show such vidoes to general public ?

Last edited by ShivSainik; December 12th, 2008 at 11:30 AM.
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik View Post

is it safe to allow to show such vidoes to general public ?
really dont know bhai..the world is shrinking due to internet..stuff like this and even more important stuff is out there for humans as well as piglets to access..as we have all seen, they have already made use of google earth

btw, this "sir sir sir sir" shit is still prevalent in India eh
Old December 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM
The Observer !

Honest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond reputeHonest has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba View Post
Nice share my dear Desi Baba. Rep added.
Old December 19th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: How we caught the terrorist alive

He held off terrorists for four hours

The doctors have told Inspector Deepak Dole of the Colaba police station in south Mumbai to avoid sunlight and dust for at least three months. The reason: Large swathes of his skin, burnt by the fire started by terrorists in the Taj Mahal Palace hotel, are peeling off.

New skin will grow, the doctors have assured Inspector Dole -- one of Mumbai's heroes who saved eight of his men's lives and held off the terrorists till the commandos arrived -- but he should not aggravate his condition.

"I can stay indoors for six months; I paint," he says softly, pointing at one of his paintings on the wall of his modest central Mumbai apartment in which he lives with his wife and school-going son.

"I am also on the Net most of the time. I am studying cyber crime. I just gave an online exam," he adds.

On the night of November 26, when most people were fleeing the terrorists' bullets, he went into the Taj hotel at 10.45 pm with a team led by Deputy Commissioner of Police Rajvardhan Sinha.

Another DCP, Vishwas Nangre Patil, was already inside directing his men.

"When we went in, we had two things to do," says Inspector Dole. "One was to rescue the trapped guests, and the second was to search for the terrorists."

"We went up the staircase," he continues. "The terrorists had started a fire on the sixth floor and it was spreading downwards towards us. We had the fire on one hand and the terrorists' bullets and grenades on the other.

"DCP Nangre Patil was directing the attack from the closed circuit television control room on the second floor. When the fire spread there too we had to vacate and escape. The terrorists did not set fire to the CCTV control room; they had set fire to the whole hotel."

"There was continuous firing," he adds. "When the terrorists were firing at us from a height we too were returning their fire. But our revolvers were not effective at that range. We were told not to allow them to come down; we didn't."

"We did that by firing on the staircase every time they tried to come down," he continues. "We knew they were coming down thanks to the CCTV cameras. They must have been wondering how we knew every time."

"We held fort till 3 am when the naval commandos arrived, the National Security Guard arrived much later. When we finally came out all of us were injured -- either with bullets or with burns."

'I am happy that I could save the lives of my men'

When the fire raged, a hotel security guard was helping guide the police.
"We were separated by the fire from the DCP and the guide. They were out and we were stuck inside. There were eight men behind me," says Inspector Dole.

"The terrorists kept firing at us -- they knew we could not maintain our position. The fire had driven us out. They lobbed grenades too," he says.

How a few cops and staff saved hundreds at the Taj

He had worked for the United Nations for two years in 2001 and 2004, where he had undergone training in fire-fighting.

'It finally came in handy. It saved our lives that day," he says.

"I was carrying a State Reserve Police man's body (not realising that the man was dead); I thought we could save him. Suddenly, I saw a fire extinguisher. I dropped the body and picked up the extinguisher. I just held it fast and we left in the path it created."

When he finally emerged with his men, he saw a fire brigade outside the hotel.

"I made them direct their water hose at all of us. That is part of the fire drill. When you come out of the fire you must stand in running water. After that we got into an ambulance and were taken to Bombay Hospital."

"I had burn injuries on my face and body but I survived. I am happy that I could save the lives of my men."

"I have seen the riots of 1992, the (March 12, 1993) bomb blasts, then the blasts in taxis, the train blasts," says Inspector Dole, who has been with the Mumbai police for 23 years, "but nothing like this."

Link

Last edited by DesiBaba; December 19th, 2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old December 19th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Senior eCharchan

Desa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik View Post
As always amazing Baba !

On the other hand...is it safe to allow to show such vidoes to general public ?
I don't think it is safe to allow this to be shown to public because this video shows how the police operate in those attacks and some of this material could be cofidential. At the very least this could give terrorist some insight about the police operations.
Old December 19th, 2008, 08:44 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desa View Post
I don't think it is safe to allow this to be shown to public because this video shows how the police operate in those attacks and some of this material could be cofidential. At the very least this could give terrorist some insight about the police operations.
If its out there then we can show it here via a link. I'm sure that the police already saw it and learnt a lot and terrorists too that despite their guns and grenades, we indians are far stronger in our resolve to stop these pigs.
Old December 19th, 2008, 10:29 AM
Senior eCharchan

Desa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond reputeDesa has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
If its out there then we can show it here via a link. I'm sure that the police already saw it and learnt a lot and terrorists too that despite their guns and grenades, we indians are far stronger in our resolve to stop these pigs.
My intention was not to criticize echarcha.com but rediff and the other host of the videos. I know it shows indian resolve but it also shows how the police conducts the operation and this would be dangerous because terrorists would know how the police works and try to plan around that. The second video is not that dangerous because it doesn't have any sound and only shows footage from one camera, so it is not giving much into the police operations. But the other video gives out much more. Police can have this video for their own research and training but when this goes out, it might help terrorists in their planning.
Old December 19th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desa View Post
My intention was not to criticize echarcha.com but rediff and the other host of the videos. I know it shows indian resolve but it also shows how the police conducts the operation and this would be dangerous because terrorists would know how the police works and try to plan around that. The second video is not that dangerous because it doesn't have any sound and only shows footage from one camera, so it is not giving much into the police operations. But the other video gives out much more. Police can have this video for their own research and training but when this goes out, it might help terrorists in their planning.
Desa baba, I know you did not criticise ec, but I am saying that such a video to be released, after the fact, is harmless. I mean the police were lucky that they got access to the CCTV room.

You are right that we should not show too many details of the way we countered these pigs.
Old January 7th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Chosen One

Exclamation Re: How we caught the terrorist alive

The police wireless operator who died fighting terrorists

Vijay Khandekar joined the Mumbai [Images] police force as a callow teenager. He was just 19 when he replaced his father, Madhukar Khandekar, in 1992. Posted at the Azad Maidan police station since 2004, Vijay was killed on November 26 in the encounter with terrorists at the Cama Hospital [Images].
Vijay was a constable attached to the arms division and worked as a wireless operator. "I had applied for leave and was at home that day," says Prakash Shishupal, a colleague. "I got a call from the police station that there was firing at Colaba and near the Metro junction. Vijay was our operator. He conveyed information and instructions through the wireless."

Additional Commissioner of Police Sadanand Date remembers how he, along with Vijay and Prakash More, a police officer from the L T Marg police station, entered Cama Hospital that night.

They discovered two bodies of the hospital security staff. On learning that the terrorists were on the hospital terrace, the trio proceeded in that direction. To locate the terrorists, Date threw a stone and the terrorists responded with gunfire.

"Now we knew their position," recalls Date. "Because the police fired back, the terrorists knew our positions and threw four grenades. We were injured and Vijay lost his life."

"He was a very homely man," recalls Shraddha, his wife of six years; Vijay and Shradda have a four-year-old daughter, Samruddhi.

Sitting alongside her mother-in-law who could not control her tears, she recalls that horrific night. "I last spoke to him at 10:30 pm on November 26. He worked on the night shift on alternative weeks and it was his turn that week. Our daughter wasn't feeling too well so I took her to the hospital and left before he did. I didn't even see him when he left," recalls Shraddha.

Satish Nimbalkar, a co-worker, remembers Vijay as a very helpful individual who was prompt at his work. "He had presence of mind and had a good sense of humour. We used to have lunch together and even today I think he sits with us for lunch."

Vijay's place as the wireless operator at the Azad Maidan police station has been taken by another constable. "We have two operators. Ajit Supal comes in the morning; we have replaced Vijay with Anil Kadam. Our work must go on," says Nimbalkar.

Shraddha has received a compensation of Rs 25 lakhs (Rs 2.5 million) and will continue to receive the salary her husband drew till his retirement. "The (housing) quarter we are living in is for a three year term. After that we have to take permission for extension," she says.

"My daughter is all I have," adds Shraddha. "My husband had great ambitions for her. Now I'll have to fulfill his dreams."

LINK: http://www.rediff.com/news/2009/jan/...terrorists.htm

Last edited by echarcha; January 7th, 2009 at 10:32 PM. Reason: added link - sunit
Old February 24th, 2009, 07:57 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayaguzra#1 View Post
couldnt agree with you more man. the day is not far anyway when we "hindus" will be in the verge of extinction and declared protected species
who the hell is going to protect us. the weak people in the world have no protection.
Old February 27th, 2009, 09:20 AM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
It was a deadly dual between two brave men. One from Pakistan and one from India. Both died noble deaths in the end. One for his country and one for his religion.

Bhai ne bhai ko mara. Is aapsi jhagde ka America faida uthata hai hamesha. Both India and Pakistan should sit together and talk out our differences lest America and Britain will follow their old policy of divide and rule.
farak yeh hai ki ek apni matrubhumi ke liye veergati ko prapt ho gaya aur doosra isi desh ko todkar banaye gaye narak se aaya tha narak ka naach naachne......lekin usko zinda pakadkar pehle ne uski man ki murad puri nahi hone di.......upar ja ke 72 kumarikaon ke saath chodampatti karne ki..... ab sadega jail me jahan use apna haat jagganath karna padega api shrir ki pyas mitane ko.
Old February 27th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Senior eCharchan

Premi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond reputePremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
ab sadega jail me .

Do we really have to keep the piglet alive?
Cant we shoot the bastard in the butt?

I m sure pandus from mumbai police must ve canned crap out of him by now to get all the info right from which direction his mouth was at the time of birth to who fucked him in the training camp in what positions... all.

with a supari to D company to bump him off why we should protect him and spend money while we can close the case and move on with the attacks on pukiland plans instead.

jus a thought..
Old January 13th, 2016, 12:18 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Re-read the events of Tukaram Omble's heroism on 26/11... what a brave man! Jai Hind.

Sent from my iPhone.
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:36 PM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gayaguzra#1 View Post
couldnt agree with you more man. the day is not far anyway when we "hindus" will be in the verge of extinction and declared protected species
Interesting. So, is this a "Christi Hindu".
Old November 26th, 2016, 01:19 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Salutes to all 26/11 martyrs

Sent from my iPhone.