eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Jobs

Notices

Jobs Please post your job requirements and job openings here...

Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:27 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
Experience with Bosses -- National and International

Anyone ...

I have had around 6 bosses in a career that spans only 5 years. I dont like Indian bosses in an International setting ... I dont wish to generalize, but it is very difficult to exceed their expectations and they seem to stick to an opinion that they have made within a week or two of your first interaction ...

A very educated boss at the very top Director level or something changes your daily interactions ... however a boss where everyone of his peers is a director messes up the life of a person who is at the first step of a ladder ...

A person who is risen fast is a person whom personally I trust less to save my behind in times of crisis ... A person who has climbed slowly but patiently can be trusted ... one can have a range of comumunication channels at various levels .. A yes man boss is a very interesting boss ... he tells yes to his superior even when an honest opinion is expected ... on the contrary, he takes this out on his juniors in a number of ways ... I have interacted with Chinese bosses and I would prefer an Indian over a Chinese any day ...

But these are all generics ... I have so many stories to tell ...
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:35 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Experience with Bosses -- National and International

It has been over 20 years since last time when I was interviewed (in strict sense of the word) or had to report to any boss. But ... yes ... and I agree. Indians and married/divorced mid-aged women make horrible bosses if I was to rely on earlier personal experiences. They know not how to inspire nor accept eventual responsibility. Buck never stops with them ... these two will be the first to throw gauntlet at you when things gets rough. Hardly inspiring ...

Strictly personal opinion. Apologies offered if causes pain and anguish.
Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:41 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai View Post
Anyone ...

I have had around 6 bosses in a career that spans only 5 years. I dont like Indian bosses in an International setting ... I dont wish to generalize, but it is very difficult to exceed their expectations and they seem to stick to an opinion that they have made within a week or two of your first interaction ...

A very educated boss at the very top Director level or something changes your daily interactions ... however a boss where everyone of his peers is a director messes up the life of a person who is at the first step of a ladder ...

A person who is risen fast is a person whom personally I trust less to save my behind in times of crisis ... A person who has climbed slowly but patiently can be trusted ... one can have a range of comumunication channels at various levels .. A yes man boss is a very interesting boss ... he tells yes to his superior even when an honest opinion is expected ... on the contrary, he takes this out on his juniors in a number of ways ... I have interacted with Chinese bosses and I would prefer an Indian over a Chinese any day ...

But these are all generics ... I have so many stories to tell ...
My observation is that this is true only of bosses born and raised in China/Taiwan atleast until their 21st birthday. Chinese American bosses are relatively understanding and sympathetic...making them slightly better than their Desi counterparts (not Indian American).

Hindi Chini Bye Bye
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM

badriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond reputebadriprasad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
My observation is that this is true only of bosses born and raised in China/Taiwan atleast until their 21st birthday. Chinese American bosses are relatively understanding and sympathetic...making them slightly better than their Desi counterparts (not Indian American).

Hindi Chini Bye Bye
I do agree with you. Chinese born or raised in Mainland China will/can NEVER be "fond" of Indians. There are valid reasons ... not too dissimilar to why some among us Indians aren't too "fond" of asslicking Kaangressis or murderous Moghul invaders.

It goes back to late 18th or very early 19th century. British ruled India and parts of China. They had posted Indian armed soldiers (from north) to parts of China to control and help rule the locals. These Indians behaved with locals in a manner not too different from as they behave in eastern parts of India today. And there are old b/w photos in many historical museums and coffee table books. Proofs of how low-life Indians (of northern regions) misbehaved with poor chinese villagers, men and women in particular.

Stupid opinions ... all mine ... worth 2 cents ... you can have for free with a pinch of salt.
"......I can't believe I am saying this..... if you re not humble in this world, this world will thrust humbleness upon you" - Mike Tyson!!!
Distrust Doesn't Hurt - Not As Much as Trust does! - me said first quoted at www echarcha.com

Last edited by badriprasad; October 4th, 2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:27 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

I of course had many bosses but was lucky enough to never work in Indian Infested company. When I finally joined a big 4 ( Infested with Indian ) I was senior enough to not get affected.

I have had many bosses manily americans whites. Mostly women ...... No problem there only you have to learn how to gossip. I got tiered of that at some time.

I thought on east coast there was some undertone of racism. People were not familiar with differant culture. West Coast it is lot better.

I only worked for six months in India but boy it was terrible. Indian bosses are ass-holes. There ego is larger than their ass-hole.......Once I went to some client presentation with a dude . On way back I asked him are you network admin or something coz he was talking a lot of techie stuff . He turned red. green and blue. He said I am project manager.... I was like okay......He never asked me to join him for any other client meeting after that.......
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old October 5th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

The older the civilization, the more arrogant the culture is .. the more sophistication it accumulates ... the more newer the civilization, the more clueless and humbler the culture is ...

{From some famous philosopher}
Old October 5th, 2012, 12:02 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The older the civilization, the more arrogant the culture is .. the more sophistication it accumulates ... the more newer the civilization, the more clueless and humbler the culture is ...

Named Landyabhai
Old October 5th, 2012, 05:29 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaiSpeaks View Post
Named Landyabhai
Cannot be... this is very easy to understand

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 7th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Oh yeah?....then how do you explain the American arrogance perceived by the rest of the world?
Old October 7th, 2012, 10:03 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar View Post
Oh yeah?....then how do you explain the American arrogance perceived by the rest of the world?
That is exactly what it is... perception by people who know no better. Just like the perception was that the earth was a fixed object and the sun was driven by a horse-ridden chariot.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:10 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
... perception by people who know no better. Just like the perception was that the earth was a fixed object and the sun was driven by a horse-ridden chariot.
thats not a perception, that is imagination
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

To all those who think Indian bosses are worst, I disagree. There are exceptions and not depending on the colour of skin or nationality. By and large, Indian bosses are more personable (you might argue that that means less professionalism, that depends on how you work with it). For a gora boss, you can only expect what is in the book, thats all. Problem with chinese is communication, if you can get past that, then they are better to work with. Aussies are best to work with, followed by scots, followed by english, followed by Indians, followed by Chinese followed by americans, followed by desi americans.
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
To all those who think Indian bosses are worst, I disagree. There are exceptions and

Exception don't make a rule ... fortunately.

not depending on the colour of skin or nationality. By and large, Indian bosses are more personable (you might argue that that means less professionalism, that depends on how you work with it).

What do you mean by personable?

For a gora boss, you can only expect what is in the book, thats all.

Sticklers ... true.

Problem with chinese is communication, if you can get past that, then they are better to work with.

What you call communication problem is actually 'work ethics' problem. Here is what you do ... fire from job 4 at semsemtem ... Aussie will go to bar and get drunk ... Indian will pack cardboard box and go home sulking and cursing ... Chinese will stay till midnight, finish all her work, leave additional notes for next person who will take her responsibilities.

Aussies are best to work with,

They come from lucky country where monopolies give them luxury of 'easy going' nature ...

followed by scots, followed by english, followed by Indians, followed by Chinese followed by americans, followed by desi americans.

I would prefer to work with Chinese to anyone else ... Indians the least favorite.
Strictly personal opinions ...
Old October 13th, 2012, 09:17 AM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by badriprasad View Post
I would prefer to work with Chinese to anyone else ... Indians the least favorite.
Do you work like a Chinese?If not,how can you keep up with him?
If you can't keep up with him ,how will u enjoy working with him.
If you keep up with him,then your personal life goes for a toss.So it is a loss loss situation.
Old October 13th, 2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
Do you work like a Chinese?If not,how can you keep up with him?
If you can't keep up with him ,how will u enjoy working with him.
If you keep up with him,then your personal life goes for a toss.So it is a loss loss situation.
I do ... and no, its not a loss loss situation. I know more successful and 'happy' families of them ... than I do of ours. Shani Devji Maharaj has been messing with me for some time now, personally and professionally ... otherwise I do consider myself a success and happily married family man.

Last edited by badriprasad; October 14th, 2012 at 02:28 PM.