eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

View Poll Results: Who is gona win French Open 2014
Nadal 4 66.67%
Djokovic 1 16.67%
Federer 0 0%
Others (Pls sepcify) 1 16.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 9th, 2014, 06:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

khaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond reputekhaski_khopari has a reputation beyond repute
Re: French Open 2014

Another way of looking at Nadal's stats is that in decade long career, he has only won 5 GS excluding French Open and ever since he became No.1, he has been struggling with his fitness.

If you check the wiki stats, they have tried lots of permutation and combinations and it doesn't take lot of effort to conclude that RAFA stands nowhere near Federer. Even Sampras was a much better and complete player, it was quite amusing that he could not win French Open, even in absence of Rafa; and Fed managed to do it in his presence

If you insist so much, we can have a French GOAT category, I will vote for Nadal over Federer in that one

Last edited by khaski_khopari; June 9th, 2014 at 06:24 AM.
Old June 9th, 2014, 07:10 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

By the same logic how many French's does Fed have? One all due to Soderling and Rafa being injured? So he's not very good on clay, he can't be GOAT.

and Fed got a career slam at age of 28, Rafa got a career slam at age of 24 and that too he beat Fed at Wimbledon, not some freak. Rafa also has a Gold Olympic Medal, hell even Murray has one, Fed only got a Silver that too coz they played on grass in 2012 London.

The most important Davis Cup .. Fed : SF (2003, 2014) .. Rafa: W (2004, 2008, 2009, 2011) .. 5 times Rafa made his country proud leading from the front.. Once in Olympics and 4 times in Davis Cup

It took Federer 3 years to reach French finals in 2006 after winning wimbledon for 1st time in 2003, Rafa self admittedly not very good on grass but made it the very next year in 2006 after winning his first French in 2005. Rafa's not only the best on clay, he's improved and won 2 Wimbledons and 2 US Opens, almost 2 Australians.. what has Fed got to show on clay?

quite frankly Rafa has owned Fed.. 23 to 10 losing streak is not the mark of a GOAT If you beat the champion again and again, make him cry and bugger spoilt Rafa's victory, then you are the new champion.

Quote:
They have played 33 times, most recently in the 2014 Australian Open Semi-finals, and Nadal leads their nine-year-old rivalry 23–10

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 9th, 2014 at 07:27 AM. Reason: recalling more and more stats.. Rafa has pwned Fed
Old June 9th, 2014, 09:35 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Joker had better put up a good show at Wimbledon in 2 weeks, or he may slip down the rankings.

Quote:
Djokovic has now lost five of his last six Grand Slam finals, and this time his challenge faded in the hot conditions after he lost the second set.

"I did have the period of the match at the end of the second and the whole third set, I struggled a little bit," he said.

"It's not impossible, but it's very, very difficult to stay with Rafa in this court, throughout the whole match on the highest level of performance.

"I started feeling, as I said, a little bit better, but I wasn't managing to bring my A game when it was most needed in the end of the fourth."
Quote:
Nadal times run to perfection

Russell Fuller, BBC tennis correspondent

"Never mind the back problems he had in Australia and the error-strewn performances of the early clay court season - Rafael Nadal once again timed his run to perfection at Roland Garros. It was a brutal scrap at times, but Nadal looked like he would be very hard to beat after wrestling the momentum away from Djokovic midway through the second set.

"The Spaniard is just 67 days older than Roger Federer was when he won his 14th Grand Slam title: his claim last week that a generation is walking away now looks exceedingly premature."

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; June 9th, 2014 at 09:38 AM.
Old June 9th, 2014, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
I am not following Nadal's recent form - but I have known great players to lift their game on big occasions.

So I will go with Nadal.
Congratulations ! Rafa proved many wrong.. You and I just predicted the right result. Now Rafa's uncle and coach Tony is #DREAMIN9 of the 10th French Open, very much possible next year. Rafa stuck to his game plan and after first set it yielded results.

Some things I like about Rafa..

Rafa was trained by his uncle to play with humility, never lose respect for game and opponents, he has never thrown the racket EVER in his career, Djokovic does so almost every match.

Rafa plays every match at its merit, is never overjoyed or overly disappointed when he loses. Last year losing the Wimbledon's first round he was asked if it was a tragedy, he said its only a game, somebody loses somebody wins. I will work harder next time.

Now this is the real champion I admire and I have never missed any of Rafa's final matches, ATP, Davis, Olympic, etc. If you are a fan, you might want to follow this website: rafaelnadalfans.com
Old June 9th, 2014, 01:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Congratulations ! Rafa proved many wrong.. You and I just predicted the right result. Now Rafa's uncle and coach Tony is #DREAMIN9 of the 10th French Open, very much possible next year. Rafa stuck to his game plan and after first set it yielded results.

Some things I like about Rafa..

Rafa was trained by his uncle to play with humility, never lose respect for game and opponents, he has never thrown the racket EVER in his career, Djokovic does so almost every match.

Rafa plays every match at its merit, is never overjoyed or overly disappointed when he loses. Last year losing the Wimbledon's first round he was asked if it was a tragedy, he said its only a game, somebody loses somebody wins. I will work harder next time.

Now this is the real champion I admire and I have never missed any of Rafa's final matches, ATP, Davis, Olympic, etc. If you are a fan, you might want to follow this website: rafaelnadalfans.com
Those are great qualities to possess - and Nadal is a true champ.
Thanks for the wesite.
However , I think Joko also comes from a very humble background, from a war torn country and war affected family. So humility has not deserted Joko either. He needs to control his anger though. Before that he needs to perfect his fitness.
Old June 7th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody following French Open 2017?

#2 Djoko ousted by #6 Thiem in straight sets: 7-6, 6-3, 6-0

Semi-finals:

#4 Nadal vs. #6 Thiem
#1 Murray vs. #3 Wawrinka

Had Djoko made it, it would have been the top 4 in the semis.

I've never liked Murray for some reason, probably because he's a Brit. I'd be happy if anyone else wins:

- Rafa because he's awesome
- Wawarinka because he's exciting to watch
- Thiem beacuse he's the lowest seed

Secretly rooting for Wawarinka though

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 7th, 2017, 04:32 PM

I'm into tennis big time and a Rafan just like our ex-member desibaba

I'm streaming even at work .. I can't entertain anybody but Rafa winning. But he has to play as well as any time he's won.. so let's see.
Old June 7th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm into tennis big time and a Rafan just like our ex-member desibaba

I'm streaming even at work .. I can't entertain anybody but Rafa winning. But he has to play as well as any time he's won.. so let's see.
What level do you play?

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 7th, 2017, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
What level do you play?
3.5 to sometimes 4 .. depending on my fitness level from the winter
Old June 8th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Quote:

3.5 to sometimes 4 .. depending on my fitness level from the winter
Good for you

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 8th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Woohoo, Bopanna and his lady-partner won the mix doubles Baton has been handed off to the new generation...

Sent from my iPhone.
Old June 9th, 2017, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charchila View Post
Woohoo, Bopanna and his lady-partner won the mix doubles Baton has been handed off to the new generation...
Hoping Bopanna can play at a high level for a few years more.. and hands off baton to a younger player, as he is 37 but it ain't bad for doubles tennis.. considering Paes played into his 40s successfully.
Old June 9th, 2017, 12:24 PM

How can I get to Sunday straightaway? Can't wait for it..

Old June 11th, 2017, 09:18 AM

Rafa's winning the 10th French.. wonderful intensity
Old June 11th, 2017, 09:30 AM