eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Economy

Notices

Economy Fiscally fit?

Old June 19th, 2014, 01:23 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Indian tech degrees go global

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Test reply. Pls ignore.
What are you testing?

Old June 19th, 2014, 01:24 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalidas View Post
What are you testing?
that people would ignore or not
Old June 19th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan View Post
Well, in that case the test failed. Please retry.

Old June 19th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
This is why you need managers... to ensure that test cases are documented and test plans and communicated with the concerned stakeholders. This type of random testing tends to create uncertainty and confusion.

BMC Remedy has a decent tool for change management.

Old June 19th, 2014, 01:35 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder which ERP/MRP Software this guy will choose to display on his resume despite IIT
Old June 19th, 2014, 01:43 PM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, in that case the test failed. Please retry.
TDD (Test Driven Development) involves failing the test first of all for only the right reason, then one can begin development. This way the developer knows the test can and will fail ONLY for the test case/s, not like connection issues, or unknowns. Known input has to work first.

Ruby is a good language to employ TDD.

This topic reminds me of something very interesting I found yesterday.

Quote:
ArnoldC

A programming language based on the one liners of Arnold Schwarzenegger. LINK

hello.arnoldc
Code:
IT'S SHOWTIME
TALK TO THE HAND "hello world"
YOU HAVE BEEN TERMINATED

Old June 19th, 2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Wonder which ERP/MRP Software this guy will choose to display on his resume despite IIT
seriously, I hope this guy doesn't end up in IT.. as a software coolie.

Many talented Gults fell prey to the lure of US.. My Gult roomie 3 years ago was a very intelligent guy with a b.tech in electronics from IIT Roorkee, bugger came to US for masters and then working as a junior java programmer. I was like govt and tax payer wasted money on this guy.
Old June 19th, 2014, 01:50 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:

Many talented Gults fell prey to the lure of US.. My Gult roomie 3 years ago was a very intelligent guy with a b.tech in electronics from IIT Roorkee, bugger came to US for masters and then working as a junior java programmer. I was like govt and tax payer wasted money on this guy.
Guys like these end up in Caltech or MIT with full scholarship. These super-geeks will not be working on your SAP upgrade project.

Old June 19th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This is why you need managers... to ensure that test cases are documented and test plans and communicated with the concerned stakeholders. This type of random testing tends to create uncertainty and confusion.

BMC Remedy has a decent tool for change management.
I have a Test Manager with 30 years experience . He has also tested the first iPhone. Rate $30 / hr - all inclusive. Very senior guy. Will move anywhere.

Plus Points- He looks 24.

Where should I send resume ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old June 19th, 2014, 01:59 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty View Post
I have a Test Manager with 30 years experience . He has also tested the first iPhone. Rate $30 / hr - all inclusive. Very senior guy. Will move anywhere.

Plus Points- He looks 24.

Where should I send resume ?
If he is divorced, send resume to Ashika.

Old June 19th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If he is divorced, send resume to Ashika.
Is that a remote position ? Can she sponsor H1 and Green card ?
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old June 20th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aashika View Post
I always fought with people when they say that people from Hyderabad fake left right and center in their resumes until I received a tight slap (not literally) on my face.
A girl, young girl from Hyderabad, divorced, struggling to make ends meet emailed me her resume with excellent skills. She comes through my dad's recommendation and that should have a been a red flag right there. But anyway, I referred her to my company and she got a job.

She had faked so badly in her resume that I got called in by department head asking/saying how could I recommend someone like that when she couldn't even do simple vlookup's in excel. I apologized.

never again am I recommending someone from Hyderabad! I know, not all are like that but I am not taking any chance.

I am not sure why you are blaming yourself, Rakihi tai, or cursing madrasis. The blame is highlighted in your quote above... and it clearly lies with your company. Seems like your company does not have a competent and reliable HR department (don't tell me the HR is filled with madrasis too) or your technical selection team is not up to mark.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 20th, 2014, 01:06 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
I am not sure why you are blaming yourself, Rakihi tai, or cursing madrasis. The blame is highlighted in your quote above... and it clearly lies with your company. Seems like your company does not have a competent and reliable HR department (don't tell me the HR is filled with madrasis too) or your technical selection team is not up to mark.
Ashika = Rakhi? How did you deduce that, Sherlock?

Old June 20th, 2014, 01:15 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

I think she is her

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old June 20th, 2014, 11:13 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I know a girl, BCA gold medallist (Vanasthali University, Rajasthan), MCA Gold medallist.. joined TCS and ended up working with COBOL - software maintenance. She still at it and recently posted in UK.

Whatever talent you have, it's not easy to get into something you are interested in. You sacrifice a lot for a good job, regardless of the work that you are required to do.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied