eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > How to

Notices

How to Stuck for an answer to "How to do .."?

Old October 28th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What could be the problem with the car?

So what? Nothing like this ever happens in United States or any other country for that matter? Lets go ahead and generalize that every City in this world is selling screwed up cars if it is pre-owned.

Read this below link:

http://www.stangbangers.com/News_OdometerFraud.htm

One of the most famous cases last year involved an Tulsa, Okla., man, William Satterfield, who pleaded guilty to conspiracy and odometer tampering. What made the case unusual is that Satterfield was chairman of the Oklahoma Used Motor Vehicle and Parts Commission from April 1995 until November 1996. He was responsible for law-enforcement activities for the state involving car dealerships. He was sentenced to a 50- month jail term, and was ordered to pay a $7,500 fine and $1,337,000 in restitution.

So should we all say that "Pre-owned in Oklahoma are totally screwed up cars even when you purchase it from the authorised dealers."? (in your words)
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:03 AM
En route Lal Mirchi...

chacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
Chacha...I request you to please make sure that you spell a countries name properly, especially when there are Canadians involved in the forum which you are participating. It reads as Canada and not Kaneda, FYI.

Tempering and rolling back odometers is illegal. It will result in fine and/or imprisonment. If you had taken a driving test (written and road test) in Canada you will know. Anyone saying other wise can refer back to the Legal Canadian Driving Handbooks issued by provinces.
Rakhiji, I'm getting old. And I've been dyslexic since I was a kid. Please forgive
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha View Post
Rakhiji, I'm getting old. And I've been dyslexic since I was a kid. Please forgive
Forgiven. See Chacha, since you are new, maybe you do not know. Many here call me Rekha instead of Rakhi. I haven't got any problem with it. Many times even I do make spelling mistakes. But don't intentionally call my country (YES, CANADA IS ALSO MY COUNTRY, ALONG WITH INDIA) with a different spelling. Like I asked before...would you be perfectly fine if someone calls India something else intentionally?

Last edited by Rakhi; October 28th, 2009 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added information
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Hasa Diga Eebowai

Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Forgiven. See Chacha, since you are new, maybe you do know. Many here call me Rekha instead of Rakhi. I haven't got any problem with it. Many times even I do make spelling mistakes. But don't intentionally call my country (YES, CANADA IS ALSO MY COUNTRY, ALONG WITH INDIA) with a different spelling. Like I asked before...would you be perfectly fine if someone calls India something else intentionally?
So did you get your car fixed or not ??
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:15 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
So did you get your car fixed or not ??
Taking it to the dealer coming Saturday.
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:20 AM
En route Lal Mirchi...

chacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond reputechacha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Forgiven. See Chacha, since you are new, maybe you do not know. Many here call me Rekha instead of Rakhi. I haven't got any problem with it. Many times even I do make spelling mistakes. But don't intentionally call my country (YES, CANADA IS ALSO MY COUNTRY, ALONG WITH INDIA) with a different spelling. Like I asked before...would you be perfectly fine if someone calls India something else intentionally?
Are you telling that if someone were to mispell India, I would feel worse than you? Or are you telling me you would not feel bad if someone were to mispell India? I don't understand your analogy!

Maybe you meant to use USA? I live in the United States, FYI. And we usually spell America as Ummrika or Umreeka here on the site.

And as far as me being new, it's still a myth
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Are you telling that if someone were to mispell India, I would feel worse than you? Or are you telling me you would not feel bad if someone were to mispell India? I don't understand your analogy!

Maybe you meant to use USA? I live in the United States, FYI. And we usually spell America as Ummrika or Umreeka here on the site.

And as far as me being new, it's still a myth
Call your country what ever you like (Ummmrika or whatever!).... But if you are referring to my country, be it India or Canada, I would not like it if it is incorrectly written. Period. That is why I requested you ("I request you to please make sure", read my post again) you initially. If you take it, fine. If you want to keep on arguing about it, there is nothing I can do.

Oh so you are not a new ID. Thanks for confirming.
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:44 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Call your country what ever you like (Ummmrika or whatever!).... But if you are referring to my country, be it India or Canada, I would not like it if it is incorrectly written...
So do you Canadians speak Kannada or not Can you for once and for all settle this one question?

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:46 AM
En route Lal Mirchi...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
So do you Canadians speak Kannada or not Can you for once and for all settle this one question?
dude, you're inviting trouble now
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
No my dear. We do not speak Kannada

Oh by the way, be aware, you might attract negative rep's for not knowing a particular slang I got my first one..LOL!
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:49 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Then who in the whole wide world speaks Kannada I am sure it is a language... and it is listed in the list of languages on earth on some web-site. So wtf speaks Kannada

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Chacha, go and write proper spelling of C-A-N-A-D-A 50 times on the black board, so you don't forget.
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:57 AM
En route Lal Mirchi...

Quote:

Oh by the way, be aware, you might attract negative rep's for not knowing a particular slang I got my first one..LOL!
That was for not knowing it was an 'Indian' slang and then misinterpreting it as a spelling mistake and then getting all pissed about it thus killing the humor. reason enuf?

edit: then going on to give India as an example just to send the point across! I care two hoots abt fukking canada or the US. India ko beech mein nahie laana tha.

that will be my last -ve rep. thanks

Last edited by chacha; October 28th, 2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

pakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond reputepakkidost has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motowner View Post
Chacha, go and write proper spelling of C-A-N-A-D-A 50 times on the black board, so you don't forget.

Looks like he will get spanked if he ever dares to forget.

Loud and Proud LLKC member since infinity and beyond

Loud but not so Proud IDLE
Old October 28th, 2009, 11:02 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
That was for not knowing it was an 'Indian' slang and then misinterpreting it as a spelling mistake and then getting all pissed about it thus killing the humor. reason enuf?

edit: then going on to give India as an example just to send the point across! I care two hoots abt fukking canada or the US. India ko beech mein nahie laana tha.

that will be my last -ve rep. thanks
This is the difference between you and me. You don't give a damn about US while you live in US. I do care for Canada while I live here.