eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Cultural Exchange

Notices

Cultural Exchange Cultural topics - Indian and other

Old June 11th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
Yup I do have a bone to pick with gujjus..

WHY THE HELL YOU ADD SWEET (SUGAR/JAGRY) IN ALL YOUR DISHES.. CANT YOU AT THE LEAST SPARE THE DAAL!!!!!!
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light

Ghar ghar ki baat hai, Peluji!

aap ne mere ghar par jaggery taste ki thi kya? :
For that not non-gujjus but gujjus have a bone to pick with me. They criticize my cooking because of that. Call it NON-GUJJU! So there you go!

Mujhe to dono taraf se maar milti hai
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:22 PM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
AND KASHMIRIS TOO.. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PUT APPLE IN EVERYTHING YOU COOK..
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Pelu Pelu

Yaa you did not add sugar/jagri.. I was a little scared when I took the first spoon of chole.. but was instatly elated to find out that sugar is missing in that and the alu tikki..
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:24 PM
Aaapka Dost

Rahul will become famous soon enoughRahul will become famous soon enough
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Yup I do have a bone to pick with gujjus..

WHY THE HELL YOU ADD SWEET (SUGAR/JAGRY) IN ALL YOUR DISHES.. CANT YOU AT THE LEAST SPARE THE DAAL!!!!!!

But dont you thing pelu pai, its nice experience once in a while.

I like that (sometime)
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:25 PM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally posted by GpeL
Yaa you did not add sugar/jagri.. I was a little scared when I took the first spoon of chole.. but was instatly elated to find out that sugar is missing in that and the alu tikki..
A Proud Indian American
Old June 11th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Pelu Pelu

Ab gujju ko aur Kashmiri's ko gaali de diyaa to ab Marathi logon ko bhi dena padegaa.

SHRIKHAND IS NOT EXACTLY MY IDEA OF A ENJOYABLE DESERT

(Well for that matter I hate all sweets.. so just thought I would pick on your shrikhand)..
Old June 11th, 2002, 01:05 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute
I LOVE ALL SOUTH INDIAN LANGUAGES !!!!!!!!!!
(i am a northie)

Any language that the wife doesn't know is the dearest..
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old June 11th, 2002, 01:10 PM
Junior eCharchan

MrSarfira will become famous soon enough
Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by DesiBaba

well what would happen if they walk around in half-folded lungis in US?????
Dont worry I have seen one person going around Tshirt tucked in an half-folded lungi with sneakers.
BUt i wasnt sure from where he was
Old June 11th, 2002, 01:16 PM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Originally posted by raniraja

Any language that the wife doesn't know is the dearest..
RaniRaja, what langs do you speak?

I agree there must be one language the wifey does not understand.. In my case.. my wifey knows all the languages I know.. (but then so far I have had no reasons to look for an additional one..).
Old June 11th, 2002, 01:22 PM
Senior Echarchan

Talking

Ravi,

please tell me one thing? How do you NOT manage to fight? Aisa to kuch to hoga jisse ladai hone ko magta?
A Proud Indian American
Old June 11th, 2002, 01:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

Big-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud ofBig-G has much to be proud of
I think tamil should be the national language cos they have the sweetest, cutest word for dik - KUNDI.
Old June 11th, 2002, 01:25 PM
Pelu Pelu

Ab tak to nahi huaa.. our protocol is simple.. if you do not like something.. fix it yourself to your liking... (and that applies to both of us). I also do not get upset that easily with her.. I do scold my BIL and my friends and my cousins if they do something weird or dangerous.. but for some reason hum dono ka panga nahi hota.
Old June 11th, 2002, 01:27 PM
Senior Echarchan

enjoy it while it lasts!

and hope that is forever.
A Proud Indian American
Old June 11th, 2002, 01:30 PM
Pelu Pelu

Well I am sure it will last a long long time.. I have a few quirks to fix.. and I will surely fix them before it gets out of hand