eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Films

Notices

Films Your pet peeves and raves about new releases

Old August 7th, 2003, 11:16 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Darna Mana Hai - Ramu should stick to Rangeela and Company

Last night we rented the DVD of Darna Mana Hai. We saw it with a couple who are close friends.

Well, the DVD itself was a a camera print.

Anyway. There is no fricking suspense as the hype portrays. Infact it was a shitty movie.

Its a copy of many Hollywood potboilers of yesteryears. Infact the latest Hollywood film which released about the same time as this one is called "Wrong Turn"

Well, the story here is 'slightly different'

Six oversmart and always trying to act 'cool' are in a SUV on trip to Goa. They take a side road to get there faster. As is predicatable one of the tyre goes flat. Surprisingly they see a lantern light in a dilapidated house and go there and start a camp fire. To pass their time they start telling stories. Scary stories. One by one the teenagers are killed by someone.

In the end all die - the killer and the teenagers. End of movie.

The stories they narrate are supposed to be scary but only one was scary which had Nana Patekar and Vivek Oberoi. Rest of the stories were stupid and not scary at all.

The film website and hype touts - "Six stories, one ending"

Yes, it is correct. Six unrelated stories and one big anti-climax ending

I give it two enthusiastic thumbs down
Old August 7th, 2003, 12:16 PM
Proud Hindusthani

chirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to beholdchirag2000 is a splendid one to behold
Atleast its better than that love hippie shit main prem ki diwani hoon & some other crpas that dished out as movies.

btw.. ramu isnt the director ..he`s the producer.
& btw..i personally feel its much better than bhoot which was dull & boring..

Yes..darna mana hai is a rip off of countless teen slaher movies of USA....but still id rather watch this than main prem ki... shit
Old August 7th, 2003, 12:39 PM
Junior eCharchan

MadamX can only hope to improve
Re: Darna Mana Hai - Ramu should stick to Rangeela and Company

Quote:
Originally posted by echarcha

I give it two enthusiastic thumbs down
I completely disagree with you. I dont think the movie deserves a 2 thumbs down. It is a watchable movie and certainly entertaining. I recommed this movie.
Old August 7th, 2003, 12:46 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
i heard that this is a good one cha pai...
mebbe it was the camera print
Old August 7th, 2003, 01:01 PM
The NEo of Echarcha

JaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond reputeJaiSpeaks has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Darna Mana Hai - Ramu should stick to Rangeela and Company

Quote:
Originally posted by MadamX
I completely disagree with you. I dont think the movie deserves a 2 thumbs down. It is a watchable movie and certainly entertaining. I recommed this movie.
Abhi Camera print movie TV pe dekhega to kya acha lagega . I had the same feeling when i watched Sarfarosh on camera print at home . Maha chodu movie laga . Jab Theater mein dekha to samjha mein kya miss kar raha tha . The Action can only be seen on theater or a authorized DVD . not some flaky camera print .
Old August 7th, 2003, 01:44 PM
Senior eCharchan

Desi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant futureDesi24 has a brilliant future
I think its a decent movie as well. At least someone is bold enough to try something different in Indian cinema. I give RGV props for breaking new grounds.

The movie definitely has its weak points but its not an utter waste of time. Giving it two thumbs down is a little too harsh in my opinion.
Old August 7th, 2003, 02:52 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Ha theek hain

I said I liked the Nana Patekar story, but the others were so bakwaas.. Everyone turning to apples, everyone freezing up when Aftab says STOP.. well, its a watchable movie BUT NOT anything special as the hype was made out to be.

Yes, its better than the song and dance ones, but after Bhoot, expectations have risen from RGV.

Anyway.. will keep looking out for more.
Old August 12th, 2003, 11:20 AM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
cha pai..tha movie is a metaphor...

if ya noticed,in each and every story in that movie,all those jinko darr laga,un logo ki gand fatti...

i give this movie 3 enthusiastic thumbs up

all these new n1ggaz have made some neat flicks..i like that..
Old August 16th, 2003, 01:20 PM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
I enjoyed Darna Mana Hai. Saw it in a cinema hall in Mumbai. Of course I slept right through one episode, but that's normal. I can't go through a film without taking a nap. (Watched Bruce Almighty with Baapji and my daughters. Baapji was sitting next to me and following my orders, waking me up every 15 minutes)

Nana Patekar/Vivek Oberoi episode was the best.
Old August 16th, 2003, 01:29 PM
Senior eCharchan

baapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
(Watched Bruce Almighty with Baapji and my daughters. Baapji was sitting next to me and following my orders, waking me up every 15 minutes)

and "PhoneBooth"

I was sitting the other side from my dear netu so couldnt wake her up every 15 minutes so she dont even remember that movie.

BUT I enjoyed that movie on the other side

SABKO HAI PATAAAAAA............
Old August 16th, 2003, 01:31 PM
Senior eCharchan

Netra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant futureNetra has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by baapji
and "PhoneBooth"

I was sitting the other side from my dear netu so couldnt wake her up every 15 minutes so she dont even remember that movie.

BUT I enjoyed that movie on the other side

Doesn't surprise me. You had a 18 year-old wide awake, good looking girl sitting next to you.

Last edited by Netra; August 16th, 2003 at 01:56 PM.
Old August 16th, 2003, 02:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

baapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond reputebaapji has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Netra
Doesn't surprise me. You had a 18 year-old wide awake good looking girl sitting next to you.
and the hall was dark and cool and who the hell was watching the movie there when a 18 year-old wide awake good looking girl was sitting next to me.

we both enjoyed the movie for sure but dont ask us to write a review for that movie, may be we ll miss the original movie.

P.S. isme edit kya kiya dear
SABKO HAI PATAAAAAA............
Old August 17th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by baapji
and the hall was dark and cool and who the hell was watching the movie there when a 18 year-old wide awake good looking girl was sitting next to me.

we both enjoyed the movie for sure but dont ask us to write a review for that movie, may be we ll miss the original movie.

P.S. isme edit kya kiya dear
18 year-old, wide awake, good-looking girl told me her dhyan was only on the film and nowhere else. Ab pata nahi sach bol rahi hai ya jhooth.

Edit kya kiya? Sorry to dissapoint you my dear but I just added a comma after wide awake.