eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Relationships

Notices

Relationships Discuss your feelings on relationships, intimacy and everything related...

Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:07 PM
Junior eCharchan

Vishy is on a distinguished road
Inter Racial Marriage

I have been a long time visitor to echarcha website...have found it interesting and funny sometimes.Finally took plunge and decided to join the web site and initiate a thread.

How many of you here would go for Inter Racial marriage????If you love a girl/guy who is of different race from yours....would you have the courage to stand up to pressures from you society...(parents,relatives,friends....etc).
Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:46 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Inter Racial Marriage

Quote:
Originally posted by Vishy
I have been a long time visitor to echarcha website...have found it interesting and funny sometimes.Finally took plunge and decided to join the web site and initiate a thread.

How many of you here would go for Inter Racial marriage????If you love a girl/guy who is of different race from yours....would you have the courage to stand up to pressures from you society...(parents,relatives,friends....etc).
Welcome to echarcha

I don't give a fig about society....I already have lost count of my interracial honeymoons
Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:55 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of
Re: Inter Racial Marriage

Quote:
intresting question

are you a M or F e-charchan---just curious
Old February 23rd, 2005, 06:57 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Inter Racial Marriage

Quote:
Originally posted by max de Indiana
intresting question

are you a M or F e-charchan---just curious
he is neither M or F.....he is one MF (ending in ker)
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:18 PM
Junior eCharchan

from my observation..the acceptance is relatively easier for a girl of caucasian descent but difficult for a good looking girl of African/mongloidescent.....
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:22 PM
Banned

max de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud ofmax de Indiana has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by tantric_yogi
I am against any international marriage. PERIOD!

Vishy ... welcome ... a short introduction wont hurt ...
Old February 23rd, 2005, 07:41 PM
Junior eCharchan

been in USA for last 5 years........engineering background..(not software...).......that should do it..
Old February 23rd, 2005, 08:48 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Inter Racial Marriage

Quote:

first of all i can't LOVE someone from a diff race...
So you are not working in software?
Old February 23rd, 2005, 10:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

vyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond reputevyomkeshsaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Inter Racial Marriage

Quote:
Originally posted by Napolean
first of all i can't LOVE someone from a diff race...So you are not working in software?

so if he was in softwares...u were thinking of falling in love with him??

nappy ke nawabi shawwwwwwk!!
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:00 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Re: Re: Inter Racial Marriage

Quote:
Originally posted by vyomkeshsaxena

so if he was in softwares...u were thinking of falling in love with him??

nappy ke nawabi shawwwwwwk!!
Now you realize why I cannot sleep at night. I am worried about you young guys coming under influence ... udar Charchilla is laying claim to Batooq. Hey Bagwan.

Challo theek hai ... sabh log pairs banate khush raho ... apun ikkalla hee theek.

Woh kyaa naam hai us balla kaa ... naam bhool gaya ... mei mazak kiyaa to boltee hai aissa bada mazak hamein pasand nahee. Kyaa naam hai yaar us chokri kaa?

edit: Umaben ... yaar usne mere ko bahut kossa ... bahut kossa. woh to pyaar hua us vazah se apun sabh gaalee sun liyaa chup chaap ... sekrifize kiye apun...waa ke saath apun ko pair keeya shaandaar hota noh?
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; February 24th, 2005 at 01:08 AM.
Old February 24th, 2005, 07:36 AM
Banned

TerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud ofTerminatorJR has much to be proud of
Vishy, Welcome to Echarcha.
I see, you took the Red pill, just like Neo did in Matrix.
All we are offering is the truth here.
Having an inter-racial relationship & marriage in US or western culture is not much of a big issue........some people are always there to snub though. However, it would be far more difficult in the society back home. Family pressures, friends, people around, office colleagues, etc. will always bring the topic to the relationship and question about it again and again and again.
Whats your opinion ? Would you have the courage Vishy ?
Yes, its true that Caucasian woman would be accepted (after lot of coaxing), however it might not be the case for a Black/Afro-woman.
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Spear Barbarian

GunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud ofGunsNRoses has much to be proud of
No problems in my family:
http://www.echarcha.com/forum/showth...threadid=19242

FWIW, I'm not even the first one in both sides of my family. You'll be surprised how tolerant Aunts from Darbhanga, Bihar can be. Oh, and for the record, some relative (perhaps Mum's second or third cousin or something ) has been married to a Nigerian chappie in London since the late 70s.

[edit]For the record, my mum's Assamese and my dad married her regardless. While my mum doesn't exactly look oriental, some of my aunts and uncles do and I got a bit of those genes in me . Don't think anyone in my dad's family cared (though I got teased a bit about my flattened nose ). So that would perhaps answer the oriental thingy. I also know good family friends here, whose son is married to a Taiwanese girl and they have 2 kids.[/edit]

Proud LLKC member since May 2002.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC, Chosin Reservoir 1950

Last edited by GunsNRoses; February 24th, 2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old February 24th, 2005, 01:59 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
from my observation..the acceptance is relatively easier for a girl of caucasian descent but difficult for a good looking girl of African/mongloidescent.....
That's true ... that's If I read you right. It is relatively easier for you to be accepted by parents/family/society of your Caucasian wife/girl friend. But, rather very difficult if you happen to fall in love with a member of North African or Chinese race/culture. These people are proud of their own culture and rituals ... own centuries old hangups.

Among us Indians or rest of south Asians ... someone married to a white walks and talks like he/she has won a derby but not so among chinese ... for instance. Society still looks down at man/woman married to someone outsider ... but, of course ... you have no problem if you happens to be a person standing, reputed professional and OR RICH!

imho llkc.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Junior eCharchan

Terminator...

If I like the girl.... since its an inter racial relation ship..i will have to think real hard....because of the issues involved...but if i am convinced that she is for me then....i will definately go for her..in my case i am pretty sure there will be presures from folks back ..home...but a man has to stand up ome time for himself...becasue he is the best judge of the situation...not his parents or relatives......

I think Interracial marriage is one of the pure example of love....most of the time ..indian marriages...are a compromise..between families with respect to dowry..or .earning potential of bride/groom color of bride/groom...etc

Some times i really think how these marriage works..Of late i think its the fear of society pressuer thate keeps these marriages going...rather than real love or genuine companianship...