eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Defense

Notices

Defense Defense and national security...

Old June 15th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all
US clears sale of latest Patriot anti-missile system to India

Signalling that it’s ready for intensifying defence ties with New Delhi, Washington has cleared the sale of the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) anti-missile defence system to India on the eve of Defence Minister Pranab Mukherjee’s visit to the US this month.

Government sources said that the possible sale offer has been conveyed through diplomatic channels to the highest levels including the Defence Ministry.

Though New Delhi has just been informed of the offer, Washington has given a green signal to the PAC-3 manufacturers, Lockheed Martin, to give a technical presentation to India on the state-of-the-art anti-missile defence system. The PAC-3 system is a big step beyond Washington’s earlier offer for sale of PAC-2.

This February, a US team, headed by Edward Ross from the Defence Security Cooperation Agency, had briefed South Block on technical details of PAC-2.
Unlike previous Patriots, which operate by getting close to targets and blasting them out of the sky, PAC-3 interceptors have no explosives, relying instead on kinetic energy (hit to kill concept) to eliminate short and medium-range missiles carrying nuclear, biological or chemical warheads.

A PAC-3 system carries smaller but four times more missiles than PAC-2 (16 vs 4) and has a longer range (150 km vs 70 km). Until last year, 175 PAC-3 systems were inducted into the US Army. Sources said the PAC-3 offer, along with possible sale of F-16 and F-18 fighters to India, is going to be discussed during Mukherjee’s trip to the US beginning June 27. Accompanied by Defence Secretary Ajai Vikram Singh, he will meet US Vice President Dick Cheney and visit the National Aerospace Command Centre at Colorado Springs.
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute
Re: US clears sale of latest Patriot anti-missile system to India

heard that it aint that good a system against oncomming missiles, that the patriot2 system had hard time against iraqi scuds.
I think we should have gone for arrow, rather than patriot
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old June 15th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Third Echelon

padhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to allpadhu is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI
heard that it aint that good a system against oncomming missiles, that the patriot2 system had hard time against iraqi scuds.
I think we should have gone for arrow, rather than patriot
They are now giving us Pac 3 which is far better than Pac2 and Pac 3 is what is being using currently by the US. US will never allow India to get the Arrow unless we buy weapon systems from them. Its a carrot and stick approach. I would still take the Pac 3 rather than have no missile defense at all.
Old June 15th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by padhu
They are now giving us Pac 3 which is far better than Pac2 and Pac 3 is what is being using currently by the US. US will never allow India to get the Arrow unless we buy weapon systems from them. Its a carrot and stick approach. I would still take the Pac 3 rather than have no missile defense at all.
padhu, please highlight why USA is suddenly being so friendly with India about weapons systems?
Old June 15th, 2005, 02:44 PM
Third Echelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
padhu, please highlight why USA is suddenly being so friendly with India about weapons systems?
Its a very simple theory and concured by Stephen Cohen, US needs a strong ally to counter China. And for this they will do all they can politically and militarily to get India up.

Did any US president ever say before that they will make India a super power. No matter how much people might want to critize Bush, he is one person India should be glad to have on our size.

But the Patriot is just one weapon system. There are a lot of other initiatives that the US put in motion with Inda post 911. The archives are there on my blog for the last 3 years and if you read through them you will see the change in US-India relations between pre 911 and now.
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Senior eCharchan

UMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these parts
Talking Re: US clears sale of latest Patriot anti-missile system to India

Quote:
Did any US president ever say before that they will make India a super power. No matter how much people might want to critize Bush, he is one person India should be glad to have on our size.
When did Bush say that he/USA will make India a super power? Are you dreaming or just making it up. Even if Bush says that India will one day be a power power, one has be to be too stupid to fall for it. Heads of govt. say nice things about other countries, all the time. How often do they really mean it! You are so gullible

Bush and India will never be friends. India never partnered with Bush in his (or his dad's) plans. India refused troops in the 1st Gulf war despite a UN approval and again now in absence of a UN approval. Bush does not look at India as an ally but only as a country they do business with and US does business with almost everybody. They are giving arms to India because India is paying top dollar for it. India doesn't get it for free, but Pakistan does (ok they pay for military equipment, but get aid for development expenses - same shirt, different pockets).
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Third Echelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMA
When did Bush say that he/USA will make India a super power? Are you dreaming or just making it up. Even if Bush says that India will one day be a power power, one has be to be too stupid to fall for it. Heads of govt. say nice things about other countries, all the time. How often do they really mean it! You are so gullible

Bush and India will never be friends. India never partnered with Bush in his (or his dad's) plans. India refused troops in the 1st Gulf war despite a UN approval and again now in absence of a UN approval. Bush does not look at India as an ally but only as a country they do business with and US does business with almost everybody. They are giving arms to India because India is paying top dollar for it. India doesn't get it for free, but Pakistan does (ok they pay for military equipment, but get aid for development expenses - same shirt, different pockets).
UMA...i know you are brain dead but you dont have to display it in public and second if you have no clue about the defense industry or Bush's policies i think you better keep your mouth shut.

Here are some links for you:

http://www.defenceindia.com/21-mar-2k5/news16.html

http://indiadefense.blogspot.com/200...e_archive.html

You must be drunk if you are saying Bush and India will never be friends. In spit of India not backing US either in the UN or the war in Iraq, times have changed. US policy holders are looking towards India to be the big post cold war ally. 911 was a sad day for mankind but it started off a great relationship between India and US. If Bill clinton was responsible for starting a dialogue, the Bush administration has taken it much further. There are too high level meetings between civilian and defense agency members of both countries takig place almost every month. Last year Indian airforce was asked to participate in war games reseved exclusively for US and Nato allies. US was offering Pac2 to us which we refused and said we want Pac3 and they ageed. They want to co-produce aircrafts with India. They are offering India frontline participation in developing of the P-8A which even the US does not have so far. Bush is also going to be visiting India early next year.

Listen babe, you should do your research before you shit in public rather than make a fool of yourself. If you want to know more about US-India defense and strategic cooperation then here visit this site http://indiadefense.blogspot.com/ (just food for your thought)

Last edited by padhu; June 15th, 2005 at 06:03 PM.
Old June 15th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

UMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these partsUMA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
UMA...i know you are brain dead but you dont have to display it in public and second if you have no clue about the defense industry or Bush's policies i think you better keep your mouth shut.
Why are you getting so pissed off Mr. know-it-all?

Chill out, it's only a discussion board. Don't fret over a minor argument. Don't stop being a gentleman that you most definitely are.

LOL
Old June 15th, 2005, 06:29 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: US clears sale of latest Patriot anti-missile system to India

Quote:

You must be drunk if you are saying Bush and India will never be friends. In spit of India not backing US either in the UN or the war in Iraq, times have changed. US policy holders are looking towards India to be the big post cold war ally. 911 was a sad day for mankind but it started off a great relationship between India and US. If Bill clinton was responsible for starting a dialogue, the Bush administration has taken it much further. There are too high level meetings between civilian and defense agency members of both countries takig place almost every month. Last year Indian airforce was asked to participate in war games reseved exclusively for US and Nato allies. US was offering Pac2 to us which we refused and said we want Pac3 and they ageed. They want to co-produce aircrafts with India. They are offering India frontline participation in developing of the P-8A which even the US does not have so far. Bush is also going to be visiting India early next year.

Listen babe, you should do your research before you shit in public rather than make a fool of yourself. If you want to know more about US-India defense and strategic cooperation then here visit this site http://indiadefense.blogspot.com/ (just food for your thought)

Kudos Mr. Know-it-all... Well replied..
Old June 15th, 2005, 06:37 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMA
Don't stop being a gentleman that you most definitely are.

LOL
Padhuji is a gentlman ... are you sure? He just ordered you to shut your mouth and he is a gentleman?

I think, I am a better gentleman ... I have never told you to shut your trap. My fault ... I think, I spoiled you too much ... I am like that only ... too soft with my women. That or laaton ke bhoot baatton se nahee maante?

edit: Sorry. Just kidding. UMA no offence.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; June 15th, 2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old June 15th, 2005, 06:43 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Padhuji is a gentlman ... are you sure? He just ordered you to shut your mouth and he is a gentleman?

I think, I am a better gentleman ... I have never told you to shut your trap. My fault ... I think, I spoiled you too much ... I am like that only ... too soft with my women. That or laaton ke bhoot baatton se nahee maante?

Tantujee.... You better take some crash courses from padhu on being a gentleman with "laaton ke bhoot baatton se nahee maante" types

Last edited by Cooldude; June 15th, 2005 at 06:46 PM.
Old June 15th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Junior eCharchan

Jija is on a distinguished road

As usual, Great info padhu

Time for Ultra Moron & Associates (UMA) to get pissed LOL
Old June 15th, 2005, 07:41 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

padhu, great reply and greater research. I wish I had time and resources to post when our UMA madam gets all worked up about anything which is remotely connected with Bush or BJP
Old June 16th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

the whole idea of anti-missile missile defence system is just plain stupid...and especially so considering that the nearest enemy missile site is only a few hundred kms away

instead India should negotiate for a joint research partnership on Laser based air defence system...a la Star Wars program
Old June 20th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

I think you are one who is braindead (I am serios, actually) and you know it. First you claim that Bush wants India to be super power and then you quote, not from an official US or DOD website, but from some unknown defenceindia.com. This site looks like a some Indian magazine web-site. Is it a site sponsored / endorsed by the Indian govt.? When you make a claim, be sure to back your claim, otherwise it is just your opion, and your opinion does not count.

What else do you quote from? Blogs - more opinions.

If thisdoesn't make you look stupid what will? LOL

I know you will now go ballistic and call me names, but that's what you are good for. empty vessels rattle too much