eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Music Your tune...

Old June 6th, 2002, 11:29 AM
Banned

SlyBoots is on a distinguished road
Do u undertsand the lyrics of the english songs ?

HOnestly speaking I have to concentrate a lot whenevr I listen to most of the english songs , in order to understand their lyrics .

Specially when the song is sung by the Americans .Their accent is totally weird and most of the words they just eat up .

When I listened to Metallica Unforgiven Part 1 for the first time and even Sting -Desert Rose, I just couldn't understand the lyrics at all , yes not even a line ., unless I downloaed the lyrics from the net .

IS it only with me , because I am not used to the american accent as I am in India .

Do the folks living in the US for a few years understand the lyrics as easliy as they understand the lyrics of hindi songs .

Please be honet with ur answers , no need to flaunt .
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Sly, I thought you would be able to understand the lyrics better by the standard of the words you use here

I guess for me there are always songs to which I have to concentrate to listen to the lyrics (ever heard informer ) but otherwise its pretty easy
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:32 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Some singers

dont have a very clear diction and hence you may have problems understanding them.

But if you listen closely and get used to it you can make out the lyrics.

'Understanding' what the singer is singing about is a different thing altogether.
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:35 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute
I understand most of em but if the music oveshadows the singing then it gets tough cos the words are barely audiable.. (a. la.. Rob Zombie).
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:37 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
I do not listen to the younger crop... so that problem does not arise.
------------------------------------------------
A Proud Indian American
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:39 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
I get a line or two when I am listening to an English songs. I can understand if I pay attention, but I don't as I am not a fan of English music. Mostly I listen to Hindi songs - both new and oldies, no remix - but since my car tape was broken until recently, I had to listen to the radio. I always want something to be on when I am in a car or on my computer... usually Hindi songs. If Hindi music is not available, I turn to English, but don't pay much attention to the lyrics...
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:40 AM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
I have problems understanding lyrics of Heavy Metal type of songs. Those songs are too "noisy" thus drowning the lyrics. Since I don't like that type of music I really don't care. Some rap songs are hard to comprehend mainly cuz these rappers come up w/ new street lingo everytime. It took me forever to figure out what Bling Bling meant!
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:43 AM
Temporarily Unbanned

Charchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond reputeCharchila has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Qn_of_sunshine
It took me forever to figure out what Bling Bling meant!
What does it mean? {serious question}
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
LOL!! mereku nahi pata!!

Snow is hard to understand!! freakin Informer sdejdjhhchfhrfurhjfhsfkhjrff gey ya
aliki boom boom down
Down with a nice young lady
listen dklhfdsjghsdjhgljfshjsdhgsdljhgsgkh
aliki boom bom down!!
he he he!!

but eminem, Snoop, DMX, .....easy!! and LL cool j....Hey Lover hey lover.....easy!!

metallica type u need to listen to them a few times cuz the lyrics is what attracts me to them......!! Unforgiven miscis is awesome ......lyrics is better!!

Takes time but get used to it later!!
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:51 AM
Senior Echarchan

Super Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of lightSuper Girl is a glorious beacon of light
Talking

errrrrrrrrrr Cyber, what is it that you are saying... let alone understand how you talk sometimes I do not understand what you write!
A Proud Indian American
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:53 AM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl
errrrrrrrrrr Cyber, what is it that you are saying... let alone understand how you talk sometimes I do not understand what you write!
Tum nahi samjhogi soopah.......

KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI
Old June 6th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Senior eCharchan

Qn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of lightQn_of_sunshine is a glorious beacon of light
Bling Bling refers to jewellery. The noise it makes. Its kinda hard to explain.
Old June 6th, 2002, 12:02 PM
Senior Echarchan

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberKhiladi

Tum nahi samjhogi soopah.......

KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI
hayn???????

as always LLKC
A Proud Indian American
Old June 6th, 2002, 12:04 PM
Source Integrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Super Girl

hayn???????

as always LLKC
Musics da only passion of mah life after u know what.........!!

Saala band mein tha to samajhna to padega hi na!! bas
Old June 6th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Qn_of_sunshine
what Bling Bling meant!

it means all those silver/platinum stuff tha "lakku baba's" wear