eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Sports

Notices

Sports Your arena, your grounds, your pitch...

Old April 13th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation IPL - The slimy side of Lalit Modi exposed

Got this in my Inbox.

Quote:

Shashi Tharoor (one of the few decent Indian politicians) has been once again dragged into a well-orchestrated controversy by powerful Indian politicians whose profits have been affected because of his honest, straightforward nature.

This time, Lalit Modi (no less) himself joins those powerful politicians.

Featured below is Shashi Tharoor's clarification. Please share with friends.

Official statement on the IPL allegation

Published 15 hours ago

1. A consortium led by Rendezvous was set up to bid for an IPL team. They approached me for help and guidance. I steered them towards Kerala. Rendezvous includes a number of people, including many I have never met, and Sunanda Pushkar, whom I know well.

2. My role in mentoring the consortium included several conversations with Mr Lalit Modi, who guided us through the process and presented himself as a trusted friend.

3. The consortium bid successfully in an open and transparent process. Their unexpected success upset the plans of a lot of powerful people, who had wanted the franchise to go elsewhere.

4. Various attempts were made by Mr Modi and others to pressure the consortium members to abandon their bid in favour of another city in a different state. Mr Modi raised assorted objections to the bid documents but finally had no choice but to approve them.

5. His extraordinary breach of all propriety in publicly raising issues relating to the composition of the consortium and myself personally is clearly an attempt to discredit the team and create reasons to disqualify it so that the franchise can be awarded elsewhere.

6. Contemptible efforts have been made to drag in matters of my personal life which I do not intend to dignify by commenting on them.

7. However, I deny Mr Lalit Modi’s allegation that I called him during his meeting with investors in the Kochi consortium in Bangalore on Saturday night in order to press him not to question the composition of the consortium.

I called Mr Modi to ask why he was further delaying the approval of the franchise when all the legal requirements had been fulfilled.. Mr Modi had held up approval by the IPL of the franchisee agreement earlier in the day, by insisting on the reversal of a change in the document that he himself had earlier suggested. This change was made, the consortium members flew to Bangalore and met with Mr Modi after that night’s IPL game for what they had been told would be a routine exercise. Instead they were submitted to a barrage of questions which led some to suspect that Mr Modi was seeking a further excuse to delay approval. This was the reason for my intervention with Mr Modi. Had he conducted himself in good faith throughout, no call would have been necessary.

8. On the question of my interests in the franchise, I repeat that I am proud to have helped the consortium come to Kerala. I have neither invested nor received a rupee for my mentorship of the team. Whatever my personal relationships with any of the consortium members, I do not intend to benefit in any way financially from my association with the team now or at a later stage.

9. A Kerala IPL team is a dream of many young people in and from the state. It has the potential to bring great material and psychological benefits to Kerala’s economy and society. The unethical efforts that have been made by Mr Modi and others to thwart the Kerala franchise which had been won fair and square in a transparent bidding process are disgraceful. It has been clear for some time that the real motive is to assign this IPL team elsewhere than Kerala. All of us in Kerala hope that the BCCI will not permit statements and activities which seek to discredit the Kerala team before it has even had a chance to prove its worth. The public attempts by Mr Modi to besmirch the consortium in fact bring the IPL itself into disrepute.

This statement is issued by me in a personal capacity to respond to the allegations made against me personally.

Dr Shashi Tharoor

LINK

In case of traffic to the site, here is a google webcache link
Old April 13th, 2010, 06:55 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: IPL - The slimy side of Lalit Modi exposed

Looks like some kaangressi or jealous of Modi sent you this.

Dude,

Every coin have two sides.

I was watching on TV, and this Tharoor guy changed his statements in 24 hours.

First he claimed he NEVER called Modi.

Later he changed to twice before bidding and twice after bidding.

Also....wait and watch....there will be lot of shit will be flying now, since accusations and counter accusations have started already.

Yaar....think. How in the world this item Sunanda got Rs 70 crore to invest?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...ow/5799186.cms

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...ow/5798821.cms

And now its all bigger mess

Don't forget where the money came from.
Quote:
In plain terms, it is being called misuse of official position since Tharoor is a powerful minister of the Union and -- as part of his brief -- handles Arab and Middle Eastern countries where, reportedly, Sunanda Pushkar has business interests as she is also part of a finance company in Dubai, which finances infrastructure projects. More.

Modi is not at all Mr Nice guy. But this mr swanky Minister is also tainted. No wonder why he joined Kaangress.
Old April 13th, 2010, 07:00 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

This has the typical stink of bofors scandal. The tharoor explanation is typical of a thulla (dalal). And yes, he has been changing his statements like shoeb malik.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

sunanda pushkar is hot and also 3rd to be wife of tharoor.Tharoor is investing all his money in different names to buy kochi IPL team.words like decent and clean wouldnt describe him really.he played all his games to be the UN chief ,bu ended up as toothless tiger in that race.After that he was still hungry for power and he decided to come back to India and give a global appeal to Sonia's portfolio.He did lot of chewgiri with his twitter and reamined in headlines for bad reasons.

Modi is not a saint,but he is running a business there and he wants no one to be given more importance other than him.Tharoor was trying to steal his show and modi retaliated by disclosing things,he shouldnt have disclosed.
Old April 13th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: IPL - The slimy side of Lalit Modi exposed

Lalit Modi - A Narendra Modi Sympathiser.

Shashi Tharoor - A suave polished smart looking politician who stands out as compared to the ugly fat and stupid looking Kangress wala's.

Shashi Tharoor is young at heart and he's going to marry the third time. He's married a Bengali, a White Canadian and now he's generated heat for a sexy Kashmiri.

He's got many achievements attributed to him. The last one was when he called economy class in airplanes as cattle class!
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Junior eCharchan

yogijogi is on a distinguished road

Kaka, perhaps you're going senile. Or you've been watching too much Aastha TV.

Tharoor did not EVER say that he did not call Modi.

He said that he DID NOT call Modi to question the composition of the consortium as Modi has been mischievously spreading in the media. Tharoor had called Modi to ask why he was still delaying it when all formalities had been fulfilled.

Tharoor is an elected representative from Kerala. So the consortium which was bidding for Kochi logically went to him for support. Tharoor gave his support because he was happy to have an IPL team from Kerala. What happened next? Well, either have the brains to find out on your own, or read the whole story here...

http://news.rediff.com/report/2010/a...nias-doors.htm
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:17 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

What is IPL to Tharoor? How could he help, except by misusing his official position and contacts??? And getting kickbacks in some or other form.

Ok, so he didn't talk to Modi. So, how exactly did he help the Randivuz in getting the IPL contract? Was he specific on that? He helped in filling the papers? Acquiring the finances?

Old April 13th, 2010, 09:21 PM
Junior eCharchan

Tharoor is an elected representative from Kerala. So the consortium which was bidding for Kochi logically went to him for support. Tharoor gave his support because he was happy to have an IPL team from Kerala.

If you are an MP from Rajasthan, you would (SHOULD!) be happy to promote any event that will bring exposure and money to your state.

Whole story here
Old April 13th, 2010, 09:41 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogijogi View Post
Tharoor is an elected representative from Kerala. So the consortium which was bidding for Kochi logically went to him for support. Tharoor gave his support because he was happy to have an IPL team from Kerala.

If you are an MP from Rajasthan, you would (SHOULD!) be happy to promote any event that will bring exposure and money to your state.

Whole story here
you are repeating yourself. What kind of support did Tharoor give apart from saying "shabash"??

Old April 13th, 2010, 09:58 PM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raniraja View Post
you are repeating yourself.
Repeating because idiots only understand when a message is repeated.

The info you asked for in your post was already provided in a previous post. READ previous posts before posting your question.

Quote:
What kind of support did Tharoor give apart from saying "shabash"??
He told me that there are certain Indian losers who will just not 'get' it, but keep trying to make them understand. That's why I continue to try.
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:03 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Kaka, perhaps you're going senile. Or you've been watching too much Aastha TV.

Tharoor did not EVER say that he did not call Modi.

He said that he DID NOT call Modi to question the composition of the consortium as Modi has been mischievously spreading in the media. Tharoor had called Modi to ask why he was still delaying it when all formalities had been fulfilled.

Tharoor is an elected representative from Kerala. So the consortium which was bidding for Kochi logically went to him for support. Tharoor gave his support because he was happy to have an IPL team from Kerala. What happened next? Well, either have the brains to find out on your own, or read the whole story here...

Ok.. here is your previous post. Tell me where is the answer? In the link that you provided? Do you seriously believe the poor Robert Ludlum style saga narrated there? Powerful people get threats, and instead of going to police they go to a minister. The minister, being a faithful public servant, manipulates things so that the threats are nullified and things become hunky dory for his electorate. Fine behaviour befitting a public servant, right?

Old April 13th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Sutta Sanchalak!

Yogi No. 1 is on a distinguished road

Right. When Tharoor received some grievance from his constituency, he should've blown the whistle on the dirty going-ons, rather than try to work behind the scenes.
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:12 PM
senior echarchan

ashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond reputeashdoc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Repeating because idiots only understand when a message is repeated.

The info you asked for in your post was already provided in a previous post. READ previous posts before posting your question.

He told me that there are certain Indian losers who will just not 'get' it, but keep trying to make them understand. That's why I continue to try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogi No. 1 View Post
Right. When Tharoor received some grievance from his constituency, he should've blown the whistle on the dirty going-ons, rather than try to work behind the scenes.
hai kaun tum log ??
Old April 13th, 2010, 10:20 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdoc View Post
hai kaun tum log ??
Thode time tak sab "Yogi" id ko ban kar do Tantu baba to sanyas me hai.... ya samadhi me?

Old April 13th, 2010, 10:31 PM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Ok.. here is your previous post. Tell me where is the answer?

Here is the answer (which was in the chunk you quoted) to your question : what's Tharoor got to do with the IPL?

"Tharoor is an elected representative from Kerala. So the consortium which was bidding for Kochi logically went to him for support. Tharoor gave his support because he was happy to have an IPL team from Kerala."

If you had got your ADD treated, you would have noticed the answer.

Quote:
In the link that you provided? Do you seriously believe the poor Robert Ludlum style saga narrated there?
"poor Robert Ludlum style" ?? What the f**k is that?

Oh, you mean a poor imitation of the Robert Ludlum style?

Dude, don't comment on somebody's writing skills when yours is so fu**ked up!

Quote:
Powerful people get threats, and instead of going to police they go to a minister. The minister, being a faithful public servant, manipulates things so that the threats are nullified and things become hunky dory for his electorate. Fine behaviour befitting a public servant, right?
What? You're trying to be a f**king Mahatma Gandhi?
You have to do whatever works. When the entire state machinery (including the police) is being controlled by the very politician who called you to his house and threatened you, do you go to the f**king police or do you go to a higher power?

I had an inkling that you're a loser, but with your last post you nailed it. What was I thinking spending my time talking to a loser! I'm not going to respond to you anymore.

p.s. Tell your grandchildren that you had a few interactions with me. It's your life's greatest achievement.