eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > International Politics

Notices

International Politics Hey aren't we all experts at world politics?

Old March 14th, 2007, 11:48 AM
Idli Ninja

krishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond reputekrishna has a reputation beyond repute
Forcing Islam down our throats - Target cashiers refuse to scan pork

Customer service and faith clash at registers

Some Muslim cashiers at Target refuse to handle pork, setting off another debate over the place of religion in society.

Quote:
....So Dsouza was taken aback when the cashier -- who had on the traditional headscarf, or hijab, worn by many Muslim women -- refused to swipe the bacon through the checkout scanner.

"She made me scan the bacon. Then she opened the bag and made me put it in the bag," said Dsouza, 53, of Minneapolis. "It made me wonder why this person took a job as a cashier."...
Quote:
He urged people to remember the extraordinary adjustments many Somalis have made in coming to the Twin Cities. "Many of these people are refugees. They may have been tortured. And they came here having never held a book in English," he said. "They're already adapting to our society. We need to adapt to them, too."
What the fuck?
I'd be furious if someone did that to me. I would be offended and I would never shop at that place again.
What next? Will some Somali refugee refuse to serve a woman if she is not with a male relative? Where does this stop?
This woman, and her family I'm sure, are in the US, probably living off our tax dollars, and she refuses to live by the rules of the country? Why don't Muslims, who want to be strict adherents to their religion, seek refugee in other Islamic countries? Why do Muslims insist on shoving their jihad down our throats?
Old March 14th, 2007, 11:55 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Forcing Islam down our throats

Muslims are just that - piece of shit! and so is their so called holy book, in reality a manual for violence and pedophelia!

And the real culprits are the rest of us who tolerate such nonsense under the guise of political correctness.

In this situation, Target is completely within its right to fire these employees. But I doubt it will happen, because the ACLU, the CAIR and other usual suspects will make this a Taget versus Islam issue.

If a Muslim cannot handle pork, then he/she should not work in a place that sells pork. Already there are notices in buildings which state that the facility may contain chemicals that can lead to cancer or birth defects. So on the job application too, Target should now mention - if you have reservations of doing any kind of job as mentioned in the job description then you need not apply!!
Old March 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Forcing Islam down our throats - Target cashiers refuse to scan pork

and in Aastreliya they do not wish to pay the taxes ... cause its agianst Islam. But its all right to spend life living on welfare ... living on tax dollars of non-believers.

LINK
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old March 14th, 2007, 02:39 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
and in Aastreliya they do not wish to pay the taxes ... cause its agianst Islam. But its all right to spend life living on welfare ... living on tax dollars of non-believers.

LINK
I thought your Prime Minister was quite vocal about this jehadi nonsense! Hope your country does extract taxes from these bums.

In a way, I feel the West deserves these Muslims. When India has been shouting from the rooftops about Islamic terrorism in Kashmir and other parts of India, the stupid West just kept welcoming these neanderthal death cult pedophiles and their toilet paper Koran into their homes....
Old March 14th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha
I thought your Prime Minister was quite vocal about this jehadi nonsense! Hope your country does extract taxes from these bums.

In a way, I feel the West deserves these Muslims. When India has been shouting from the rooftops about Islamic terrorism in Kashmir and other parts of India, the stupid West just kept welcoming these neanderthal death cult pedophiles and their toilet paper Koran into their homes....
I agree the West deserves these Muslims but I do not think these types of incidents will have any significant impact on West thinking. The reason is that in India every Indian is has been touched by "terrorism" in one way or the other. Till that happens in the West, it will not view Islam as a source of terrorism. In the West, Islam (aka terrorism) hasn't struck where it hurts except 911. It is far less wide spread than in India.

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:19 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishna

What the fuck?
I'd be furious if someone did that to me. I would be offended and I would never shop at that place again.
I agree these Somali refugees should adapt to the culture of the country they live in now. But the US is the land of the free. So every individual is entitled to stick to his/her religious beliefs.

A steadfast hindu employee in the same place would have refused to scan beef saying its unholy for her to touch it. I see nothing to clamour about with the employee’s behaviour, but would hold the store responsible for assigning the wrong person with the wrong job.
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:01 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Probably the store will keep it simple. Before recruiting tell the person that he/she will have to handle so and so things and dress in a so and so manner.

If it is OK, give a written consent and then join. If not, look elsewhere for a job.

PS - i had not seen a similar comment made by sutradhar ji before posting this. So a bit of a duplicate suggestion.

Last edited by sgars; March 15th, 2007 at 03:17 AM. Reason: added PS
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:06 AM

sgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond reputesgars has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Are you also not a part of west now living in CA and by being a part of their economy.

Last edited by sgars; March 15th, 2007 at 03:06 AM. Reason: changed apart to a aprt!
Old March 15th, 2007, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Quote:
He urged people to remember the extraordinary adjustments many Somalis have made in coming to the Twin Cities. "Many of these people are refugees. They may have been tortured. And they came here having never held a book in English," he said. "They're already adapting to our society. We need to adapt to them, too."
Why does not this gentleman tell some store in an Islamic country to adapt to a Hindu cashier who would refuse to handle beef!

However, there is an alternate example i can site too. In KL, one Malay (and hence a muslim) lady at a take away was decent enough to point out that a dish i had ordered had some beef and i could order something else!

Probably Tourist islamic countries like Malaysia, Indonesia, Turkey, Egypt, etc. have a good amount of folks who adapt to non muslims.
Old March 15th, 2007, 08:56 AM
eCharchan

style bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the roughstyle bhai is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
A steadfast hindu employee in the same place would have refused to scan beef saying its unholy for her to touch it. I see nothing to clamour about with the employee’s behaviour, but would hold the store responsible for assigning the wrong person with the wrong job.
Cooldude pai, a hindu would drop out of the job if thats the case, i personally know JAIN students in university's who used to work on the beef(the stage where they put beef patties to roast before they put it in between the BUNS ).
BTW u were sounding more like a pseudo secularist when u said that

Dhurandhar Need Not Reply
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

I would be furious if someone makes me feel like my food disgusts him/her. Especially if its the person who is selling it to me. This cashier has no business working in this store and should be working for fellow muslim employer. If I were the manager, I would expect my employees to be able to handle any responsibility anywhere in the store unless there is a medical reason not to.
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:13 AM
IDLE Treasurer

dollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond reputedollyg has a reputation beyond repute

there was a desi dukan in IL where the punjabi shopkeeper used to do the same for goat meat....needless to say , vaha jana band ho gaya....apni dukaan me rakkho mat agar chu nahi sakte to
disgusting behaviour

If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking

Old March 15th, 2007, 12:47 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgars
Are you also not a part of west now living in CA and by being a part of their economy.
I am here to make my life and achieve my life's goals. So yes I am in the West. But I am in no way part of the West as the part I refer to is the 'people in power' in the West who can do something. And I am NOT a Muslim
Old March 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
I agree these Somali refugees should adapt to the culture of the country they live in now. But the US is the land of the free. So every individual is entitled to stick to his/her religious beliefs.

CoolDude, I have seen Indians (offcourse for me Indian means anyone fm India who is not a Muslim) and spefically Hindus who do work in fast food joints where cheeseburgers are the main item on the menu! I dont see our Hindu brethren crying out Holy Cow!! Its a job - either you do it or you resign.
Old March 15th, 2007, 01:14 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
CoolDude, I have seen Indians (offcourse for me Indian means anyone fm India who is not a Muslim) and spefically Hindus who do work in fast food joints where cheeseburgers are the main item on the menu! I dont see our Hindu brethren crying out Holy Cow!! Its a job - either you do it or you resign.
To be fair here, I am sure there are thousands of muslims who work at such grocery stores/restaurants and actually handle pork and related-stuff with no complaints or crying out loud, 'Holy Pig'. But this is again part of their political religion. Keep quiet while in minority. And these sudden outbursts that we keep reading in the news... like this one... like the cab-affair... these are just little tests carried out... to see whether the time is ripe or not.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless