eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > eCharcha Lounge > SoapBox

Notices

SoapBox Speak up, speak on, speak your heart out!

Old February 11th, 2002, 04:53 AM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

loverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these parts
i have a problem

ok, i have a very old pc 200 pentium i bought 5 yrs ago, it has 16 mb ram and a shocking 4 gb hard drive. (cant afford a new one)
any way the problem is that the modem has crashed or something cuz it isnt working. any suggestions?
Old February 11th, 2002, 05:24 AM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Get a new modem?
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:21 AM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

loverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these partsloverboy260 is infamous around these parts
the modem is internally put in?
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:24 AM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
Open up the modem and lookd for pin number 24 in the USART 8251A. If the Tx (Transmit buffer is not closed ( its a small feedback circuit) then there is a problem get a thin wire (copper) join the unconnected ends so the loop is closed.

Now look a cm below and u will see the Rx (Recieve loop close it appropriately.)

ITs will be done.

no if theres no prooblem here then look at the phone jack on yr pc is it broken by anychance? ayte~
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:25 AM
Senior eCharchan

nydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to allnydood is a name known to all
Does it atleast try to dial the #? What exactly is the problem? If you want you can also post your problem at www.edesicool.com
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:33 AM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

the problem is that i think when i try to connect to the internet it says that modem is switched off. did i tell u that the modem was working fine until i crashed my pc two years ago, it was still working after the crash but after few weeks it stopped.
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Source Integrator

CyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to allCyberKhiladi is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by loverboy260
the problem is that i think when i try to connect to the internet it says that modem is switched off. did i tell u that the modem was working fine until i crashed my pc two years ago, it was still working after the crash but after few weeks it stopped.
i liyo har possyt pe nayi info dera hai.....ab kaun solve kera problem complexity badha ra hai to .......yeh to np complete nahi hai koi algo nahi de payega....aisa karo go to a copmu tech and ask him to fix it up for 400 bux (INRS)
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:48 AM
A proud Muslim FULLSTOP!

Quote:
Originally posted by CyberKhiladi

i liyo har possyt pe nayi info dera hai.....ab kaun solve kera problem complexity badha ra hai to .......yeh to np complete nahi hai koi algo nahi de payega....aisa karo go to a copmu tech and ask him to fix it up for 400 bux (INRS)

shut up!!

btw to all people

is desiecool the other website made by same people as this website??
Old February 11th, 2002, 07:59 AM
Source Integrator

no ........yaaar SHUTUP was a good job by you......bhai bina copmu ko dekhe, inspect kiye kasise bataya jaa sakta hai kiya problem hai bhai. Seriously call up a technician or the shop u bought yr pc from pay 400/500 bux and get it fixed iske liye itna kuch karnaki kiya zaroorat hai?
Old February 11th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Originally posted by loverboy260
is desiecool the other website made by same people as this website??
I think they have the same set of core people with a different set of members who are more techies.