eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Spiritual > Religion

Notices

Religion All religion related discussions...

Old February 19th, 2004, 09:17 AM
nayasavera

Secularism - two different implementations !!!!

France banned headscarves and other religious symbols from schools in the name of secularism.

Mulayam Singh Yadav allowed schools in his state to close down every Friday noon - again in the name of, guess what, secularism.

Aapke vichaar aamantrit hain.

I think this is a political move with elections in mind. Muslims will in no way benefit from such lollypops.

Now if this doesn't get you going, nothing would.
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:44 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
looks like it has not got anyone going. i think those days are gone when such a post would have become red hot in a matter of minutes.

but on the point of secularism all i can say it that the french are limited by their thinking whilst yadav is limited by his. i leave the judging of the depth of each type of thinking to individuals. we will all have our views on this but i would say that yadav's is the more honourable act. purely in the matter of secularism you understand
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
If the Muslims in Mulayam Singh Yadav's constituency fall for this trick then they are to blame themselves? What good does it serve by having children come home early and miss out on classes that could have occured in a regular schedule?

This form of appeasement might look very swell to the constituents for now, but should they not think a bit ahead like - My kids are coming home early and missing out on school. If they dont get proper education and miss out on studies then will this same Mulayam Yadav come to their aid?
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:53 AM
the voice of reason

vakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the roughvakil sahib is a jewel in the rough
so this is yadav up to his old tricks. this is exactly the opposite of what it seems. the old bugger is actually trying to deprive muslim children of a decent education. and in the name of secularism at that . what a cheeky sod
Old February 19th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Senior eCharchan

Gr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond reputeGr8_Hindustani has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Equality

I think what Mulla Singh Yadav did has nothing to do with secularism. Think about it, there are not whole of muslim kids who go to school. So, the outcome of closing the schools is that non-muslims will miss on "quality" education. So, MS Yadav is creating a level playing field for muslims and non-muslims.

Ek he ulloo kafi hai barbade gulistan kee liya,
Anjamye gulistan kya hoga jab har daal pee ulloo bethe hoon
Old February 19th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute
During lunch I was talking with my colleague who is from Kerala. He said that every Friday there is a 3 hour break in the afternoon and its sanctioned by the government.

I am not against Muslims praying on Friday. But what Mulayam Singh has done is create a rift. He is pointing out that its important to close schools for sake of namaz but not important to close schools early on, say, Tuesday for offering 'aarti' in a temple.