eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Current Affairs > Economy

Notices

Economy Fiscally fit?

Old September 29th, 2008, 02:06 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can the $700 bn bailout fix US economy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by santra View Post
Market ki lag gayee! Total bloodbath.At one point Dow was down 700+. I don't get it why SEC is not stopping the trading.
you have to let the market take it's own course. it's not going to help if SEC halts trading. you have to open the markets tomorrow. the market is correcting itself to actual levels right now.
Old September 29th, 2008, 03:36 PM
eCharchan

santra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna View Post
you have to let the market take it's own course. it's not going to help if SEC halts trading. you have to open the markets tomorrow. the market is correcting itself to actual levels right now.
Well then with the same logic let the economy take it's own course. Fed doesn't need to come to wall street's rescue with bailout.

Now Fed is already in this they should have stopped trading. In India, after some level curb trading triggers and stops the trading. Which is in a way good. As lots of trades happened today on Dow and Nasdaq are due to margin calls and computer trading. Best time for manaual intervention but alas.

It seems Europe learnt something from US meltdown and already started bailing out their banks

link
Old September 29th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well then with the same logic let the economy take it's own course. Fed doesn't need to come to wall street's rescue with bailout.

Now Fed is already in this they should have stopped trading. In India, after some level curb trading triggers and stops the trading. Which is in a way good. As lots of trades happened today on Dow and Nasdaq are due to margin calls and computer trading. Best time for manaual intervention but alas.

It seems Europe learnt something from US meltdown and already started bailing out their banks

link
the fed fingering wall street and the banks is why we are seeing this day dude. what makes you think 700bil is going to fix all the problems?
Old September 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
eCharchan

santra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond reputesantra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
the fed fingering wall street and the banks is why we are seeing this day dude. what makes you think 700bil is going to fix all the problems?
Fed came in pciture because all the banks and financial institutions failed big time. Thanks to this Fed is asking for 700 bil bailout. Whether it will make anay difference that's different story but I look at it as something is better than nothing.

Do you think if fed doesn't intervene things will be better ?
Old September 29th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

Quote:
Fed came in pciture because all the banks and financial institutions failed big time. Thanks to this Fed is asking for 700 bil bailout. Whether it will make anay difference that's different story but I look at it as something is better than nothing.

Do you think if fed doesn't intervene things will be better ?
of course things would be better...maybe not right now, but over the long term...

imagine this...im an average middle class guy...one fine day i decide i need a car...not some ordinary car, but a Mercedes. i go to my dad and say give me a loan i want a car...dad says OK and gives me a loan...now tomorrow, i get bored with my car and want a helicopter...again i go to my dad and say i need a helicopter now...dad says no problem, of course, you're my favorite son! gives me another loan...i make a minimum payment every month to my dad and life is good...all this while, my job has been secure enough and i have been counting on my paycheck to make my monthly payments...now all of a sudden i lose my job and im not able to afford even the car, forget about the helicopter...so what do i do now? do i go to my dad and say, ok here is your car and helicopter, plz take it back, im bankrupt or do I go to my neighbor and ask him if he can give me some money so that i can make this month's helicopter payment?

Right now, you, the taxpayer is the neighbor. Will you help out your fellow neighbor make his payment or is he better off without the helicopter?
Old September 29th, 2008, 06:22 PM
eCharchan

Quote:
of course things would be better...maybe not right now, but over the long term...

imagine this...im an average middle class guy...one fine day i decide i need a car...not some ordinary car, but a Mercedes. i go to my dad and say give me a loan i want a car...dad says OK and gives me a loan...now tomorrow, i get bored with my car and want a helicopter...again i go to my dad and say i need a helicopter now...dad says no problem, of course, you're my favorite son! gives me another loan...i make a minimum payment every month to my dad and life is good...all this while, my job has been secure enough and i have been counting on my paycheck to make my monthly payments...now all of a sudden i lose my job and im not able to afford even the car, forget about the helicopter...so what do i do now? do i go to my dad and say, ok here is your car and helicopter, plz take it back, im bankrupt or do I go to my neighbor and ask him if he can give me some money so that i can make this month's helicopter payment?

Right now, you, the taxpayer is the neighbor. Will you help out your fellow neighbor make his payment or is he better off without the helicopter?

long term sabki chaddi utar jaayengi. including u and me. Bank will start collapsing left right and center, will be difficult to access your own money because bank won't have money and nobody can get loan from anyone. That's is the exact situation right now. Bank don't have money to loan to other banks or to business or homebuyer.
Old September 29th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
long term sabki chaddi utar jaayengi. including u and me. Bank will start collapsing left right and center, will be difficult to access your own money because bank won't have money and nobody can get loan from anyone. That's is the exact situation right now. Bank don't have money to loan to other banks or to business or homebuyer.
And you are very much a soothsayer, ain't you... naysayer. And when will the sky fall down over our heads... I am sure you know that too

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 29th, 2008, 07:17 PM
eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less View Post
And you are very much a soothsayer, ain't you... naysayer. And when will the sky fall down over our heads... I am sure you know that too
Instead making some vague comments and looking confused can you make some sensible comments or just stay out of it.
Old September 29th, 2008, 08:03 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Instead making some vague comments and looking confused can you make some sensible comments or just stay out of it.
I am just a LLKC... I was confused on your panic state... let me better stay out of this... you guys go one... piss in your pants.

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:02 PM
eCharchan

Quote:
I am just a LLKC... I was confused on your panic state... let me better stay out of this... you guys go one... piss in your pants.
It's good way hiding behind LLKC tag. I am not panic but mwntioning the current state of the market. It's reality thata banks don't have money to loan. Anyway what's point in explaining you, you aare LLKC.

Soon you will start shitting in your pants.
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:18 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sanelessbhai ... I am shocked cause disappointed is not the word. First you lalkaaring non-llkcs ... once confronted you put on pajamas of llkcism. Not fair ...

Two kind of llkcs ...

First kind are like me ... unpretentious ... modest ... ready to accept and acknowledge that everyone knows more than I do. I am willing to learn from any and every aira gaira nathu khaira. TRUE LLKC is devoid of self-adulations!

2nd kind are like Landyabhai ... FEK LLKC ... our fek llkc brother goes deprecating himself and his accomplishments ... just so that others may praise him even more for his modesty.

Sanelessbhai ... you must decide.

Santrabhai ... I must apologise to you on behalf of Sanelessbhai and all ghe rest of us LLKCs. His conduct has brought up us shame and disgust. Sorry.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old September 29th, 2008, 11:24 PM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

I heard some expert comments on NPR . No guarantee that this will work but cannot hurt.
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post

Sanelessbhai ... you must decide.

Guru Tantmahagyani pai, tumhare charan kaha hai... humka maafi dai do... hum se badi bhool ho gayi ki hum Sanitha pai ko kasht diya... maafi gurudeo.

Santrik pai, ab tak toh kuch nikla nahi... I am waiting

Old September 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
eCharchan

Quote:
Guru Tantmahagyani pai, tumhare charan kaha hai... humka maafi dai do... hum se badi bhool ho gayi ki hum Sanitha pai ko kasht diya... maafi gurudeo.

Santrik pai, ab tak toh kuch nikla nahi... I am waiting
Hmm Constipation problem

Kuchh lete kyon nahi
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:58 AM
eCharchan

Popular Quote doing rounds post Lehman Brothers, AIG, Merrill Lynch fiasco...

"There are two sides to a Balance Sheet.- Left & the Right ( Liabilities and Assets respectively)

on the Left side there is nothing right.. and on the right side there is nothing left "