eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Entertainment > Music

Notices

Music Your tune...

Old June 1st, 2007, 01:20 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Making a list of haunting Marathi songs

I am thinking of making a list of (and gathering) some haunting melodic Marathi songs. I can hardly remember them but thought maybe my dear echans can help me out here.

1. Movie: "Jait re jait". There is this beautiful background some that keeps playing. Just can remember it.

2. Movie: Begins with S... don't remember the name. It is about a murder that takes place in a village... in some remote barren corner of it (probably an orchard or something). The villian is Nilu Phule, plays the village big guy... and murders a guy (or his wife... don't remember). And whenever they show the murder site, there comes this absolutely haunting song (female voice) in the background... remember it making the hair on my nape stand up. But now, can't remember the song at all

3. Movie: don't know. Song: "Mi dhol ka re dhol ka re dhol ka re dariya cha raja". Beautiful song.

More of these kind. Please echans... help me remember these and add more and if you have the songs, e-mail them or send links where I can download/buy them.

Note: I am not looking for those extra-sugary-syrupy-sweet songs that were a rage... something chandnyacha something songs. The songs I am looking for should be more folky... neutral... melody-filled... haunting... should fit the theme created by the above listed songs. If you know/remember any, please post. Thanks.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old June 1st, 2007, 01:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

HarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant futureHarHarMahaDev has a brilliant future
Re: Making a list of haunting Marathi songs

"kahin deep jale kahin dil..."

"Tu jahan jahan chalega...mera saaya saath hoga.."
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:06 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sane Less
1. Movie: "Jait re jait". There is this beautiful background some that keeps playing. Just can remember it.
Are you talking about "Amhi Thakar Thakar....Hya Ranachi Pakhar." ? All songs in the movie are amazing anyway
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:09 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik
Are you talking about "Amhi Thakar Thakar....Hya Ranachi Pakhar." ? All songs in the movie are amazing anyway
I believe that is the one... though I am not able to fit your words into the tune in my mind (that I can barely remember). It plays in the background... most of the movie, I believe... especially when they show the hill with the honeycombs, me thinks.

"Hinduism brought a multitude of religions under one roof and survived for eons. Christianity and other religions will need to do the same or perish." - saneless
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

smellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond reputesmellyfinger has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I am thinking of making a list of (and gathering) some haunting melodic Marathi songs. I can hardly remember them but thought maybe my dear echans can help me out here.

2. Movie: Begins with S... don't remember the name. It is about a murder that takes place in a village... in some remote barren corner of it (probably an orchard or something). The villian is Nilu Phule, plays the village big guy... and murders a guy (or his wife... don't remember). And whenever they show the murder site, there comes this absolutely haunting song (female voice) in the background... remember it making the hair on my nape stand up. But now, can't remember the song at all

3. Movie: don't know. Song: "Mi dhol ka re dhol ka re dhol ka re dariya cha raja". Beautiful song.

More of these kind. Please echans... help me remember these and add more and if you have the songs, e-mail them or send links where I can download/buy them.

Note: I am not looking for those extra-sugary-syrupy-sweet songs that were a rage... something chandnyacha something songs. The songs I am looking for should be more folky... neutral... melody-filled... haunting... should fit the theme created by the above listed songs. If you know/remember any, please post. Thanks.
1. You actually know the movie name - that should narrow it down!

2. kuch bhi kya? I remember this movie - starts with S. It has a song that is very good.

3. This is a konkani/malvani song - not Marathi (I think).
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:23 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Smellygully pai, my quest is 2-pronged... preparing a list (which I started and hope friends to help me out) and to actually get the mp3s... which if you have e-mail them to me.

1. Yes true... googled for it... but just can't figure out the song from the lyrics. That's why described the background.

2. Now, do you remember the movie or are you just pulling my thirki

3. Marathi... konkani... malvani... sem sem... same state... and if you go to coastal interiors... can hardly make a difference.

Old June 1st, 2007, 02:28 PM
Livin La Vida Loca

YedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond reputeYedaAnna has a reputation beyond repute

what do you mean by haunting? scary n shit?
Old June 1st, 2007, 02:33 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Quote:
Originally Posted by YedaAnna
what do you mean by haunting? scary n shit?
No... like a ghost it keeps playing in your mind... just can't get rid of it once you remember it... and of course, makes your hair stand up

Old June 1st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
... and of course, makes your hair stand up
Dagala lagli kalat ?
Old June 1st, 2007, 03:08 PM
Senior eCharchan

BKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond reputeBKN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Jambhud piklya zadakhali...dhol kunache vajati...

2. Movie: Begins with S... don't remember the name.

Saamna... Kay master!!, Dr Shriram lagu Vs Nilu Phule

Lata Mangeshkar, Hament Kumar-1969-Kolli Geete-Geet - Shanta Shalke-03-Mi Dolkar Daryacha Raja
nice old songs..marathi music industry almost died of good creations after 1980
Old June 1st, 2007, 07:50 PM
Senior eCharchan

love_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud oflove_to_surf has much to be proud of

Sane..........try Pinjara.....
Old June 1st, 2007, 10:30 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Probably you are talking about the song "Sakhya Re Ghayaal mee harini" by Lata Mangeshkar

The movie is Saamna...
Old June 2nd, 2007, 11:44 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Thanks Bikini pai and Virgin@28 pai... yes 'Saamna'... that's the movie and that is the song... "Sakhya re"... beautiful... must be one of the most haunting song of India.

About 'Jait re jait', I am confused... it must be 'jambun piklya zadakali'... or maybe it is the other song that Shivaniki pai mentioned... will have to listen to them... but then all songs are indeed good in this movie. Probably will buy the whole CD and then put both these songs into my collection.

Luvtusari tai, thanks for the link. But I am not fascinated by any of the songs of 'Pinjara'... though will try to listen them sometime. Echans, please post more... give me a chance to shortlist... please...

Old June 2nd, 2007, 12:18 PM
Main Choron ka Raja!

Alibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond reputeAlibaba has a reputation beyond repute

"Mayechya Halvya"... from the movie "Agabai Arechya!"

I can post it here if anyone wants it!
Old June 2nd, 2007, 08:04 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

A couple more songs (with atleast one for this list... the other might be dropped out if shortlisted)

1. Another one from 'Jait re jait'... "Mi raat taakli"

2. "Gomu sangthina"... another Hemant Kumar gem... don't know which movie.