eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > Computing

Notices

Computing All things binary...

Old April 27th, 2007, 09:19 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: my laptop got stolen...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Shaktimanbhai ... you followed the guy in your car ... I hope your intention was not to confront him but just to jot down plate number ... right?

Take all precautions but dont fret over this incident ... a young man ... you need such experiences to become wise. Education and genes makes you intelligent ... not necessarily wise. Be grateful ... you learnt something so valuable at such a cheap price.
ya i followed him but only to get plate no... didnt wanna take matters into my hands... cops r there for that...

i hope its a valuable lesson... its not the money so much but peace of mind that is lost and the inconvenience caused... i had bought this laptop from my savings from student life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
Why didn't you use a laptop security lock? Its a must at public places.
will use it with my new laptop or with my old one if i get it back (kaash)...

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; April 27th, 2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:03 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.sskna.org/story/index.htm

Recite Sahasrabahu's name 11 times in your mind and request him to help with returning your laptop.

You should get Laptop by Thursday of next week.

I have always found my lost or stolen goods this way.

Of course, its a matter of faith.

Good luck
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:07 AM
Banned

HarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud of

Are there any software products that can prevent laptops from being stolen?

That is why I don't carry laptop, because it is easy to steal. I just carry my desktop and monitor wherever I go - subway, cafeteria, travelling, etc
Old April 27th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi
Krantikaribhai ... I believe, I have a friend who is Kanya by Hindu calender but Gemini by Queen's English ... so what were you saying about Kanyas? Please elaborate ... thanks.
Well... for starters... Saturn has now moved into moon sign Leo from moon sign Cancer last October. As usual, Saturn's effect will be felt one house perv and one house next. So the order of houses are Cancer (Karka), Leo (Simha), Virgo (Kanya). Saturn stays 2 and half years in a house and then moves to the next one. Lets take for example your friend who has Kanya Rashi. This means that moon in your friend's horoscope occupies Kanya rashi. So when Saturn entered Leo in last October, as a habit Saturn started keeping a tab on the next house too. This means SadeSati begins for Kanya rashi. It peaks after 2.5 years when Saturn moves to Kanya and then it goes to Tula. When Saturn moves out of Tula and into Vrishchika, Sade sati for moon sign Virgo will end. Well... you can still not breath a sigh of relief as Saturn's effect will still be felt for some time after... As a habit, Saturn has a habit of coming back into a rashi he left just to see if the individual is behaving of not. Meaning, Everytime Saturn moves from one sign to another, it's rotation is such that some portion of the planet brushes past the prev zodiac sign. This period is typically 5 months after Sade Sati ends. Like this Saturn leaves the next sign of your Rashi then there is 2 months of relief... then it re-enters to see see if you are behaving. So you have to tidy up once again for 3 months. Then after that period you can come back to your old ways j/k... In short Saturn ensures that you behave. He will punish you for slightest negligence in this period. He will not let any error on your part go unpunished. He will punish you for your previous misdeeds. He also rewards. But his job is to punish. So he does. He teaches you a lot. YOu are a student for 7.5 years. You better learn... as in a span of 100 years of life, you get to be a student for 7.5 years 4 times. Real big trouble is for those whose Sade Sati lies in the period when their Shani Mahadasha starts. In the last case, affects of Sade Sati can be felt even long after Sade Sati ends... I really feel sorry for these folks... SO take care... do not commit murders of weak and helpless folks. Do not rob old people.... take care of you elder parents. Otherwise your next birth may have this condition. It is really miserable. Sometimes individual commits suicide in this condition.

What kind of Saturn affects are there... Losses and debts are very common. Accidents, diseases, death, sometimes even death of the near ones(don't have to worry about it, as this happens rarely, under certain conditions in horoscope). What affect you will have? Hard to say. It really depends on a lot of things. Today Saturn in in Leo. And the Lord of Leo is Sun. Sun is the father of Saturn. Yet Saturn considers Sun as enemy. So in enemy's house Saturn does most damage. Yet, you need to see what planets are in the third house form Saturn in your horoscope. You need to see where the rashi lies, which opsition house it is... whether this belongs to wealth, friend/brother, parets, spouse, fate, ... thre are so many. Very hard to say. This requires study of individual horoscope by a competant astrologer.
Old April 27th, 2007, 12:25 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

dhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond reputedhurandhar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by krantikari
He also rewards. But his job is to punish. So he does. He teaches you a lot. YOu are a student for 7.5 years. You better learn... as in a span of 100 years of life, you get to be a student for 7.5 years 4 times. Real big trouble is for those whose Sade Sati lies in the period when their Shani Mahadasha starts. In the last case, affects of Sade Sati can be felt even long after Sade Sati ends... I really feel sorry for these folks... SO take care... do not commit murders of weak and helpless folks. Do not rob old people.... take care of you elder parents. Otherwise your next birth may have this condition. It is really miserable. Sometimes individual commits suicide in this condition.
Saturn comes back into the same rashi every (12 x 2.5 == 30 years) so in a 100 year lifespan you only get to be a student 3 times.
Old April 27th, 2007, 12:56 PM
Senior eCharchan

krantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond reputekrantikari has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhurandhar
Saturn comes back into the same rashi every (12 x 2.5 == 30 years) so in a 100 year lifespan you only get to be a student 3 times.
Lord Krishna had Sade Sati from the day he was born. He was not the only one with this situation. There are several people who had sade sati from the first day of birth. Sometimes the situation is that only few years of fiest sade sati are felt in the outside world... Say 3 years out of the whole 7... Sometimes a person dies in the fourth sade sati without completing the entire period. So practically speaking, there is a possiblity of experiencing 4 sade sati's in a lifetime of 100 years.
Old April 28th, 2007, 01:34 PM
eCharchan

bramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond reputebramptonmt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev
Are there any software products that can prevent laptops from being stolen?

That is why I don't carry laptop, because it is easy to steal. I just carry my desktop and monitor wherever I go - subway, cafeteria, travelling, etc
There is an X-tool laptop tracker that sends signal to their sever every few minutes when online. The laptop can be disabled or tracked by using their software when it connects to internet after getting stolen (that is what they claim). http://www.xtool.com/xtooltracker.aspx
Old April 28th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarv_shaktimaan
ya i followed him but only to get plate no... didnt wanna take matters into my hands... cops r there for that...

i hope its a valuable lesson... its not the money so much but peace of mind that is lost and the inconvenience caused... i had bought this laptop from my savings from student life...

will use it with my new laptop or with my old one if i get it back (kaash)...
agar India mein hotey naa, bas public hi chadd jaati chor keyy upar ... tereko haath pair maarney ka mauka hi nahi milta ...

ab yeh ajeeb desh ... saala pulis bhi zameen par lita kar handcuff karti hai ... par jab car mein bithana hota hai toh uskey sarr keyy upar haath rakhkar boltein hai, "watch your head"

Dont worry sarv pai ... You have tried your best and something will come out of it ... dont know what but something always does ...
Old September 30th, 2007, 08:37 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude
Sorry to hear about this Shakti. Hope you get your laptop back safely.

Why didn't you use a laptop security lock? Its a must at public places.

bought it this time... i suggest everyone invest 20-30 bucks on this...
Old September 30th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
bought it this time... i suggest everyone invest 20-30 bucks on this...
how difficult is it to cut via pocket shear?
Old September 30th, 2007, 10:00 AM
Senior eCharchan

aashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond reputeaashoo has a reputation beyond repute

did you buy of your own or company paid for it, insurance, cops, detectives, mofo, gult...... kya hua details bhi to do
Old September 30th, 2007, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashoo
did you buy of your own or company paid for it, insurance, cops, detectives, mofo, gult...... kya hua details bhi to do
no fu(kin insurance... bot it myself...

they cot the thief... b;ack mofo and his dad were doing it all over the city... they wud scope out offices with less security and pick up watever possible... now there will be a case and hearing against him... then he will serve sentence... when he comes outta jail and gets a job... the cops will cut 100/200 bucks from his pay every month and route the money to me... which might take a few years if not decades...
Old September 30th, 2007, 07:58 PM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: my laptop got stolen...

Quote:
no fu(kin insurance... bot it myself...

they cot the thief... b;ack mofo and his dad were doing it all over the city... they wud scope out offices with less security and pick up watever possible... now there will be a case and hearing against him... then he will serve sentence... when he comes outta jail and gets a job... the cops will cut 100/200 bucks from his pay every month and route the money to me... which might take a few years if not decades...
Nice to know that justice is served Shakti Pai...

Also wise decision to go for the Laptop lock. Better late than never.
Old October 1st, 2007, 02:54 PM
Chosen One

DesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond reputeDesiBaba has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: my laptop got stolen...

Quote:

dude, did they tell you wht he did with yor laptop?
Old October 1st, 2007, 03:49 PM
Dhureshvar Dhuracharya

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesiBaba
dude, did they tell you wht he did with yor laptop?
why would they tell him that?