eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Visitor visas

Notices

Visitor visas So you want to visit the USA for a social/business visit?

Old May 25th, 2007, 01:22 PM
Banned

HarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud of
Has anyone applied for Schengen Visa?

There isnt a lot of info on the web regarding Schengen visa.

Im planning to travel to EU and was wondering if anyone had experience with Schengen Visa.

Which consulate do you apply to? How long can you stay?

Any links would help...thanks
Old May 25th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Has anyone applied for Schengen Visa?

Is that a visa, like, for your sten-gun that you need to carry around in Europe

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:02 PM
Banned

chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarHarMahaDev
There isnt a lot of info on the web regarding Schengen visa.

Im planning to travel to EU and was wondering if anyone had experience with Schengen Visa.

Which consulate do you apply to? How long can you stay?

Any links would help...thanks
Italian Embassy, would be easier followed by neatherland and france. German would be tougher. Again asked you are going to get Schengen or the visa only for the one country when you apply to any of the embassy.
another thing is you can not got to swiss, czek and some of the EU country with this visa.

Just check first, the country you want to visit comes in to the Schengen category

Last edited by chadhakya; May 25th, 2007 at 02:05 PM.
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:08 PM
Banned

HarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud ofHarHarMahaDev has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhakya
Italian Embassy, would be easier followed by neatherland and france. German would be tougher. Again asked you are going to get Schengen or the visa only for the one country when you apply to any of the embassy.
another thing is you can not got to swiss, czek and some of the EU country with this visa.

Just check first, the country you want to visit comes in to the Schengen category
Are u suggesting that I apply thru Italian embassy? But, afaik, I need to apply only once - right? Do I still need anything from neatherlands, france,etc?
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:10 PM
Banned

chadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nicechadhakya is just really nice

where to apply

http://www.eurovisa.info/WhereApply.htm

this will also tell you which country you can go

http://www.eurovisa.info/SchengenCountries.htm

hope this help.
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are u suggesting that I apply thru Italian embassy? But, afaik, I need to apply only once - right? Do I still need anything from neatherlands, france,etc?
Yes you need to apply only once.
There are 15 country comes in to this group and you just get one Schengen Visa doesnt matter which embassy you are applying and you can travel all this country. you can go to any of Embassy to get it but as I said some of the country are easier and faster.

Some of the special case they issue the visa only for one country so make sure you are going to get the Schengen visa not the visa for one country again switzerland and UK need separate visa.
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadhakya
Yes you need to apply only once.
There are 15 country comes in to this group and you just get one Schengen Visa doesnt matter which embassy you are applying and you can travel all this country. you can go to any of Embassy to get it but as I said some of the country are easier and faster.

Some of the special case they issue the visa only for one country so make sure you are going to get the Schengen visa not the visa for one country again switzerland and UK need separate visa.
Thanks a lot for all this info....but please...I have few more questions:

- I have been googling, but I just cannot find a site which has the visa application. Where can I get it?
- What is the process? How long does it take? cost? duration? etc...

There isnt much info....
Old May 25th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thanks a lot for all this info....but please...I have few more questions:

- I have been googling, but I just cannot find a site which has the visa application. Where can I get it?
- What is the process? How long does it take? cost? duration? etc...

There isnt much info....
prabhu aap jis country me hai waha pe italian/france/Netherland ke embassy site me search kariye.
kisi bhi country me apply karoge to by dedefault Schengen visa hi milega.

here is some example
actually form and requirement is same only the timing hour and fee will vary depending upon which country you are applying

http://www.esteri.it/eng/5_32_183.asp
http://www.germanconsulatemumbai.org...aschengen.html

http://www.eurovisa.info/ApplicationForm.htm

process time is normally 2 days to one week it depend which embassy you are applying.

embassy site has all the answer of your question else bug me

Last edited by chadhakya; May 25th, 2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old May 26th, 2007, 02:25 AM
eCharchan

Cooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond reputeCooldude has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Has anyone applied for Schengen Visa?

Here in Bombay, I apply at the Italian consulate for the Schengen visa.

Have to apply separately for Swiss & UK visa if required at those respective consulates as they are not included in Schengen.