eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Immigration > Visitor visas

Notices

Visitor visas So you want to visit the USA for a social/business visit?

Old August 7th, 2007, 03:38 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute
F2 Visa Situation In Mumbai? Anyone?

So my wife would be applying for an F2 visa and I am wondering what is the situation out there in the mumbai consulate. This question becomes more interesting when the applicant is working on an OPT, is in his last semester, and already has an H-1 approval with the idea of getting it stamped around September/October timeframe.

I have searched on the Internet, it seems weird that people want to convince the visa officer that they wouldnt like to settle in the US in the first place when they already have an H1 approval on hand ...

Do you guys have any idea of the necessary questions, documents, etc that are usually asked in this scenario?

Thanks.

--Aapka LandYA
Old August 7th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute
Re: F2 Visa Situation In Mumbai? Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by landyaBhai
So my wife would be applying for an F2 visa and I am wondering what is the situation out there in the mumbai consulate. This question becomes more interesting when the applicant is working on an OPT, is in his last semester, and already has an H-1 approval with the idea of getting it stamped around September/October timeframe.

I have searched on the Internet, it seems weird that people want to convince the visa officer that they wouldnt like to settle in the US in the first place when they already have an H1 approval on hand ...

Do you guys have any idea of the necessary questions, documents, etc that are usually asked in this scenario?

Thanks.

--Aapka LandYA

Technically, You do not need ANY papers except Passport and application form.
Ppl are idiots. goes there with files full of property and jameen-jaagir paperwork and incometax returns.
Ppl working in consulate knows, all these papers can be forged anywhere in India for few bucks.

Just go with passport and application form (and anything else required in writing). Answer the questions confidently without any hesitations and expressions.
Don't try to be oversmart. answer short and simple.

If you are lucky, you will get it. Lie if you have to on certain questions. But lie with confidence.
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
Technically, You do not need ANY papers except Passport and application form.
Ppl are idiots. goes there with files full of property and jameen-jaagir paperwork and incometax returns.
Ppl working in consulate knows, all these papers can be forged anywhere in India for few bucks.
Wrong. I was asked to show my current office photos and 1 year Tax returns for my H1 stamping.
Old August 7th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

You need to be extra careful if you are visiting USA for the first time.
They want to be doubly sure about you before giving green signal.Otherwise if you have already travelled to USA ,then scrutiny is comparatively very less .
Old August 7th, 2007, 06:20 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivSainik
Wrong. I was asked to show my current office photos and 1 year Tax returns for my H1 stamping.

Since when H1 is considered "visitor's visa"???

If it is, then why do they have F2?
Old August 7th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Hyderabad Wala !!!!

BABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond reputeBABU_HYDERABADI has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Thanks.

--Aapka LandYA
why F2 why not H4
An oft quoted Gandhian phrase is that if all were to follow an eye for an eye and tooth for a tooth, then the world would go blind. The counter to that is that if only some follow this and others don't then it is the non-violent who would go blind while the rogues will rule the world.
Old August 7th, 2007, 08:23 PM
Proud LLKC member

landyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond reputelandyaBhai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BABU_HYDERABADI
why F2 why not H4
because I am yet to get my H1 stamped and that stamping is due somewhere around Sept/Oct ... do not want wifey to wait in India for that long
Old August 8th, 2007, 12:29 AM
Super eCharchan

dirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond reputedirty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
because I am yet to get my H1 stamped and that stamping is due somewhere around Sept/Oct ... do not want wifey to wait in India for that long

Din dhal jaye lekin ..........

Raat na jaaaaye..........

Saari Saari raat teri ........

Yaad sataye...........
Fair use is a limitation and exception to the exclusive right granted by copyright law to the author of a creative work. In United States copyright law, fair use is a doctrine that permits limited use of copyrighted material without acquiring permission from the rights holders. Examples of fair use include commentary, criticism, news reporting, research, teaching, library archiving and scholarship. It provides for the legal, unlicensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test.
Old August 8th, 2007, 05:33 AM
Reality Bites

Laddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant futureLaddan has a brilliant future
Talking Re: F2 Visa Situation In Mumbai? Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty
Din dhal jaye lekin ..........

Raat na jaaaaye..........

Saari Saari raat teri ........

Yaad sataye...........
Samay aur Jawaani kabhi wapaas nahee aatey ....

a serious note for newly married landyas .....
Old August 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
Senior eCharchan

motowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond reputemotowner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think all she will need is the notice of approval (I-797) for your H-1. That should be enough to get her H-4. Do check with a lawyer.
Old August 8th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Senior eCharchan

ShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond reputeShivSainik has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal
Since when H1 is considered "visitor's visa"???

Maine kab bola H1 ko visitor visa ? My point is, you have to be safe and carry as much as paperwork possible to avoid more trips to Consulate.
Old November 5th, 2007, 06:02 PM
We change, values don't

2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute2gud has a reputation beyond repute

Toh landya bhai sabko ye baat batake gyan kaa pradan karoge ki aapka wife F2 pey yaa H4 pey aayi?
Old November 6th, 2007, 09:15 AM

sarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond reputesarv_shaktimaan has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: F2 Visa Situation In Mumbai? Anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud
Toh landya bhai sabko ye baat batake gyan kaa pradan karoge ki aapka wife F2 pey yaa H4 pey aayi?
acc. to my logic... bhabhiji is obviously on F2... coz LandyaBhai came back to US before 23 Sept 07... Any H1B who's starting his visa on 1st Oct cannot enter US more than one week before 1st Oct (23rd Sept)...

my calculation says Landyabhai's OPT is on till April or something next yr... sometime next yr. he'll start on H1... till then he can avoid paying social security tax... thats wat i would do...

Last edited by sarv_shaktimaan; November 6th, 2007 at 09:17 AM.
Old November 6th, 2007, 10:13 AM
Proud LLKC member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2gud
achanak yeh thread upar kaise aa gaya

Wifey came here on F2 but then my H1 got approved with change of status effect Oct 1st. So I had to file for her another change of status to H4, effective from Oct 1st ...
Old November 6th, 2007, 03:48 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

Quote:
achanak yeh thread upar kaise aa gaya

Wifey came here on F2 but then my H1 got approved with change of status effect Oct 1st. So I had to file for her another change of status to H4, effective from Oct 1st ...

Wah wah Landyabhai ke haath ko aaraam ab.