eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Site related > Feedback

Notices

Feedback Feedback about eCharcha.Com site...

Old April 21st, 2010, 10:25 AM
Junior eCharchan

induz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What do you expect when you login to echarcha.com everyday?

I 'd like few adds on:
[1] always have a pic. attached to the Taza khabar. Since past few days I see 2 headlines[taza khabar] without any pix.

[2] In place of Recipe corner on left, if we have clickable links to well debated threads[not derailed threads]

[3] If some new member posts a thread that has been already discussed in details. it'd be better idea to reply that member with a link. While searching the old threads, sometimes its too confusing to find out if the topic has been discussed.

[4] Some members have tag line which takes place almost half of the screen and the tag line after reading or noticing once doest not appeal much to the eyes/mind.

[5] There should be a Gupshup kinda feature where echarchan can go and bash or talk whatever they like.[Like what up]

[6] I dont know why one has to log in to see jpg images or pictures but one can access to youtube videos without loging in. some times new wannabe members want to check out about the forum and what goes on in it. I'd like to log in to post a reply but just to see a pic???

I am just a newbie to suggest you guyz, but thats what I feel honestly.

Induz
Old April 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome...

Replies inline..

Quote:
Originally Posted by induz View Post
I 'd like few adds on:
[1] always have a pic. attached to the Taza khabar. Since past few days I see 2 headlines[taza khabar] without any pix.

We usually have pics, but sometimes the stories are such that a pic is not readily available. In the NEWBIE section we have explanation on how Breaking News is posted.

[2] In place of Recipe corner on left, if we have clickable links to well debated threads[not derailed threads]

We use vBAdvanced CMPS system to generate the main page. That software does not, to best of my knowledge, have a feature to select the most discussed threads and show them in a box. Long ago, when we used to generate the front page with raw php and sql queries, we had this feature. But now we are using standard software to avoid security and upgrade hassles. Good suggestion. Thanks.

[3] If some new member posts a thread that has been already discussed in details. it'd be better idea to reply that member with a link. While searching the old threads, sometimes its too confusing to find out if the topic has been discussed.

Most folks give a repeat link.

[4] Some members have tag line which takes place almost half of the screen and the tag line after reading or noticing once doest not appeal much to the eyes/mind.

True, but then we dont limit people.

[5] There should be a Gupshup kinda feature where echarchan can go and bash or talk whatever they like.[Like what up]

[6] I dont know why one has to log in to see jpg images or pictures but one can access to youtube videos without loging in. some times new wannabe members want to check out about the forum and what goes on in it. I'd like to log in to post a reply but just to see a pic???

We dont have infrastructure and resources like Youtube. Even on FaceBook you need to login to see stuff. We dont want to drain away our bandwidth by letting people just log in and download pictures.

And when there are many sites like us, I am sure there is something special about us that makes people register. If people dont register then they are not that interested. Since we are not a youtube or facebook, we too want people dedicated or interested enough to come and join us.

Thanks for your suggestions and I appreciate your membership and participation.

I am just a newbie to suggest you guyz, but thats what I feel honestly.

Induz
Old April 21st, 2010, 01:32 PM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
Welcome...

Replies inline..
Cha,

U forgot to answer her/him the point # 5
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:01 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I 'd like few adds on:

Induz
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Cha,

induzz,
We would be wasting a lot of server space if everyone just wrote Hi What's Up?
For that I believe that there are better alternatives like instant messengers, etc.
We are running off just one dedicated server with a large yet definite hard drive memory.
Old April 21st, 2010, 02:18 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmthaLal View Post
Cha,

Quote:
induzz,
For that I believe that there are better alternatives like instant messengers, etc.
We are running off just one dedicated server with a large yet definite hard drive memory.
Right bhaiji, similarly the members should not use the posts for addressing a single member . There is a private message facility for that (or instant messengers). This is sheer waste of server space
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old April 21st, 2010, 02:19 PM
Senior eCharchan

28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute28virgo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
induzz,
I think he is talking about a VBchat Room...
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:10 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by 28virgo View Post
I think he is talking about a VBchat Room...
Nahi re ... woh sab nahi lagane ka... Chat marna hain to PM use karke exchange your messenger ids and then chat.
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:25 PM
Junior eCharchan

induz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond reputeinduz has a reputation beyond repute

some more things I have noticed:

[1] When I open the echarcha webpage, I see 'two' places to log in. One on right top, and second on left corner.

That space can be used for some other interesting options/choice.

[2] Smilies: on right side corner when one type a post. standard smilies are available on a click as a Table list next to the Fonts, below the titles.Why?

[3] When I have to post a new thread, I have to select an option from the Sitemap. But After posting, I see all the latest posts in general category under recent threads.[Am I missing something here?]

Hope I am not giving lots of 'Bhashan'.

I really want echarcha to grow and flourish daybyday

Induz
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:31 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
some more things I have noticed:

[1] When I open the echarcha webpage, I see 'two' places to log in. One on right top, and second on left corner.

That space can be used for some other interesting options/choice.

[2] Smilies: on right side corner when one type a post. standard smilies are available on a click as a Table list next to the Fonts, below the titles.Why?

[3] When I have to post a new thread, I have to select an option from the Sitemap. But After posting, I see all the latest posts in general category under recent threads.[Am I missing something here?]

Hope I am not giving lots of 'Bhashan'.

I really want echarcha to grow and flourish daybyday

Induz
Babaji,

We use the default settings of vBulletin. I do not have time to put in modifications and hacks, then roll them back during upgrades and reapply them.

So our forum shows up as is the default in vBulletin.

Ans1) This is how vbAdvanced CMPS is designed. I cannot change it.

Ans 2) This is how the RICH TEXT EDITOR works in vBUlletin. Does not have a dropdown list of smilies.

Ans 3) I did not get you, but thats how the FORUM homepage in vBulletin appears. You can check by visiting vBulletin site itself or some other sites. Thats how vBulletin comes.

Thanks for your wishes about us flourishing as a community. However, for the last 10 plus years, we have seen that the bells and whistles and layout are not so much of a hindrance or cause for whatever growth and activity we see.

Also please see FEEDBACK forum where you can add this to a thread where you will find company in raniraja bhau who also keeps giving suggestions

Last edited by echarcha; April 21st, 2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old April 21st, 2010, 05:44 PM
Junior eCharchan

Quote:
Quote:
Ans 3) I did not get you, but thats how the FORUM homepage in vBulletin appears. You can check by visiting vBulletin site itself or some other sites. Thats how vBulletin comes.
When I want to post a new thread/topic, I don't see a button for it at the index page. I have to select an option/category from the Sitemap. Then I see a button for starting a new Thread. It took me a while in the start to find out how to start a new topic.

On the index page i dont see the category [like Lounge,culture,immigration] of the recent threads.
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:10 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

People I talk to on daily basis ... in my own personal life ... any discussion or written paragraph which has both or one of the two "anticipation" and "expectation" words ... almost always ... %99 of the times ... also contain the word 'disappointment".

It has been many years ... site or members have yet to disappoint me ... not even once. Life becomes much more fun when you receive without expectations.

Anticipation ruins it ... %99 of the time.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:32 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
When I want to post a new thread/topic, I don't see a button for it at the index page. I have to select an option/category from the Sitemap. Then I see a button for starting a new Thread. It took me a while in the start to find out how to start a new topic.

On the index page i dont see the category [like Lounge,culture,immigration] of the recent threads.
Bhau,

I think I have answered you in details. Whatever you see is whatever vBulletin gave as defaults. We have lived with it without a problem for 10 plus years. I am not against change BUT I WILL NOT make changes which are cosmetic and involve modifications to templates. I will stick with whatever vBulletin provides.

Since you might be interested, I implore you to go to www.vbulletin.com and look at their forums where there are technical discussions about features, problems faced by people when they modify templates, etc.

I think we can now close on this topic.
Old April 21st, 2010, 06:35 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:

Yes you must go to a forum in which you wish to post a new thread. HOw else is the software going to decide which forum you intend to post a thread?

Even if there was a button there on the main forum page, there would HAVE to be a step where you select the forum you want to post in.

Are you in software industry? If yes, this is elementary logic for path navigation and decision making on selected nav paths!

if you have never visited any other forums and are new to a bulletin board kind of a website, then your naivette is completely understandable.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 01:13 AM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Bhau,
Sutradarji ... INDU JI is a lady. Bhau is inappropriate.

edit/add ... Indu ji ... I already wlecomes to you in Pricy thread. Male member or female ... first time is always confusing. My first time was also not so pleasant experience. Give yourself few days and you will come to learn all the secrets of posting replies and starting threads.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!

Last edited by tantric_yogi; April 22nd, 2010 at 01:17 AM.
Old April 22nd, 2010, 09:12 AM
Chaiman Of the Board.

AmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond reputeAmthaLal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tantric_yogi View Post
Sutradarji ... INDU JI is a lady. Bhau is inappropriate.

edit/add ... Indu ji ... I already wlecomes to you in Pricy thread. Male member or female ... first time is always confusing. My first time was also not so pleasant experience. Give yourself few days and you will come to learn all the secrets of posting replies and starting threads.

How do you know?

Kahin aapkaa taankaa bhidaa tow nahi hai naa?