eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > LifeStyle > Health

Notices

Health Discuss Health related topics...

Old July 1st, 2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

carnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond reputecarnivore has a reputation beyond repute
Culling of dogs must be restarted immediately

Few years ago the PETA activists became successful in banning the culling of dogs. Earlier the govt used to gather all the dogs on the streets in wagons and kill them painlessly--a process known as culling .

Now the activity of the PETA people ( including enlisting celebrities for the cause ) has allowed the pariah dogs to roam around freely on the streets biting people untrammeled .The number of dogs is increasing day by day ,and no solution to their overpopulation is being found.

Due to their biting, rabies cases are on the rise ,and people without access to anti-rabies vaccines are dying .Only the pharma companies are enjoying a profit as anti-rabies vaccines are being taken increasingly by those who can afford them ,though the cost of each of the shots is 300 rupees each ,and five shots have to be taken totalling 1500 rupees.

In order to protect humans , culling must be restarted immediately.
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:21 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Culling of dogs must be restarted immediately

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkkk View Post
have you eaten a dog?
He is worried because some butchers,after killing street dogs, mix dog meat and sell
Old July 1st, 2010, 01:40 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

I remember that BMC (Municipal coportation) used to come in dog vans and catch these dogs and take them to the pound.

Has this totally stopped now in Mumbai?
Old July 1st, 2010, 02:05 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

echarcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond reputeecharcha has a reputation beyond repute

Can we stop the barking for a moment and someone please tell me if Municipal coporation has stopped using those dog vans?
Old July 1st, 2010, 02:18 PM

tantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond reputetantric_yogi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivore View Post
Few years ago the PETA activists became successful in banning the culling of dogs. Earlier the govt used to gather all the dogs on the streets in wagons and kill them painlessly--a process known as culling .

Now the activity of the PETA people ( including enlisting celebrities for the cause ) has allowed the pariah dogs to roam around freely on the streets biting people untrammeled .The number of dogs is increasing day by day ,and no solution to their overpopulation is being found.

Due to their biting, rabies cases are on the rise ,and people without access to anti-rabies vaccines are dying .Only the pharma companies are enjoying a profit as anti-rabies vaccines are being taken increasingly by those who can afford them ,though the cost of each of the shots is 300 rupees each ,and five shots have to be taken totalling 1500 rupees.

PETA would rather humans die than rabid sick dogs ... is that what you saying? PETA is sick ... if so.
Kal Agar Hum Dost Ban Jaayen ... To Sharminda Na Ho!

LLKC ... pure and unadulterated ... LLKC!

दूर से देखने पर तो यही लगता था ... 'वाह! वहाँ क्या मजा होता होगा!'
बुरे फसें 'मजाल', आ कर जन्नत में ... हमने तो सोचा था, कुछ नया होता होगा!
Old July 1st, 2010, 02:25 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute

Yes muncipal corporation has stopped taking away dogs,there are some NGO s which roam around the street sterilizing the dogs.
The BMC was planning to start again but animal right activists stopped them thru courts,not sure about this but think I read it somewhere.

In the nights you can see females going around with bags containing foods for the street dogs,looks like these females have divided areas and feed stray dogs with biscuits sometimes rice sometimes milk etc and the stray dogs have a royal life.
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:27 PM
Sutradhar {admin}

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
Yes muncipal corporation has stopped taking away dogs,there are some NGO s which roam around the street sterilizing the dogs.
The BMC was planning to start again but animal right activists stopped them thru courts,not sure about this but think I read it somewhere.

In the nights you can see females going around with bags containing foods for the street dogs,looks like these females have divided areas and feed stray dogs with biscuits sometimes rice sometimes milk etc and the stray dogs have a royal life.
On my recent trip back home, I noticed one moron neighbour from our apt building who feeds lots of Parle G biscuits every night to all the dogs in the street. Almost 10 dogs come around the same time every night. They bark and in general are a nuisance. I am not against pets and dogs, but too many strays around our building. His reason to feed the strays is 'yeh to punya ka kaam hain' Fuck your punya! These dogs keep following anyone walking in and around the building, bloody shit all around and are a nuisance in general.

Then there is another moron who will throw some seeds every morning for pigeons. The fucking piegons come to eat those seeds and then shit all around the building. They even enter the patios and some had tried to create a nest in my patio. I threw the damn thing out. And when asked this moron says 'Yeh dharam ka kaam hain'. Fuck dharam which causes bird shit all around!

Sometimes I think our dharam has too much bull shit that feeding animals will get you brownie points with God. Yeah right!
Old July 1st, 2010, 03:33 PM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
On my recent trip back home, I noticed one moron neighbour from our apt building who feeds lots of Parle G biscuits every night to all the dogs in the street. Almost 10 dogs come around the same time every night. They bark and in general are a nuisance. I am not against pets and dogs, but too many strays around our building. His reason to feed the strays is 'yeh to punya ka kaam hain' Fuck your punya! These dogs keep following anyone walking in and around the building, bloody shit all around and are a nuisance in general.

Then there is another moron who will throw some seeds every morning for pigeons. The fucking piegons come to eat those seeds and then shit all around the building. They even enter the patios and some had tried to create a nest in my patio. I threw the damn thing out. And when asked this moron says 'Yeh dharam ka kaam hain'. Fuck dharam which causes bird shit all around!

Sometimes I think our dharam has too much bull shit that feeding animals will get you brownie points with God. Yeah right!
Wish there was a pigeon repellent,arre yaar mere window par ac ke peeche saale log nest banate hai,bache daalte hai,iski maa ka daya karta hu sochta hu jaane do bade honge chale jayenge phir mai unko wapas banane nahi dunga ghosla par yeh to yaar adda ho gaya hai unlogo ka,this time I have decided I will spray pesticides or throw hot water on them,the mess they make and all the kidas and insects following them and what a stink

Anybody over here as any solution to get rid of the pigeons
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:23 PM
The Y A W N E S T zzzz

raniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond reputeraniraja has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wish there was a pigeon repellent,
If you find a solution, be sure to post it here I too, have a problem with pigeons.
I will not be hurried and I will not be bullied

Old July 1st, 2010, 09:33 PM
Title: deleted 12:21 PM

amritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond reputeamritvani has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivore View Post

export them to korea?
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:15 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by echarcha View Post
I remember that BMC (Municipal coportation) used to come in dog vans and catch these dogs and take them to the pound.

Has this totally stopped now in Mumbai?
yes.they have bought a plot where they will dump all the dogs and take care of them.Last time i stepped on the tail of a black dog in dark,sleeping on the footpath.His reflexive action was to bit me,but i managed to gently slap his mouth away from my calf and he went to sleep again.
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:17 PM
Senior eCharchan

milanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond reputemilanfanabhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Wish there was a pigeon repellent,arre yaar mere window par ac ke peeche saale log nest banate hai,bache daalte hai,iski maa ka daya karta hu sochta hu jaane do bade honge chale jayenge phir mai unko wapas banane nahi dunga ghosla par yeh to yaar adda ho gaya hai unlogo ka,this time I have decided I will spray pesticides or throw hot water on them,the mess they make and all the kidas and insects following them and what a stink

i went to koliwada and told my koli friend about it.he came to my place with fishing nets and put them on all the windows nicely.those nets are very strong and keeps pigeons.the charges are reasonable too.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

In the UK they have a way, you can try it. They put up spikes like in the picture to avoid birds landing on flat surfaces.

you can read info and some marketing material here.

Additionally there are some ultra-sonic bird repellents. Personally I think they are dangerous because we dont completely understand their impacts on everyone (like kids and teens can hear those sounds and may get irritated with it).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bird.jpg (4.7 KB, 48 views)

Last edited by kkkk; July 2nd, 2010 at 01:22 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 01:38 AM
Orijinally d Dooplikate!!

Metafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond reputeMetafours has a reputation beyond repute

Its more funnier & dangerous in bangalore.

There are too many stray dogs in almost every street, yes too many. They can be very dangerous after the streets are deserted say about 9 or 10pm. These start gathering in groups and keep barking or talking something among themselves. I don't know what, but it does look like they are asking each other, "hey, what no bite today?" ........

this is what happens to anybody who rides a bike & who makes the mistake of venturing into these dog infested streets. The moment these dogs notice you, they just silently start moving and position themselves for a run, not behind your bike but for your legs, dangerously very close to your legs... Exactly, when you have ridden your bike quite near to them, the chase starts, the bark starts and then it gets picked up by those wireless-doggy-signals ahead of the street by other dogs, which will wait for you....and they will chase you too...boy, you must have some talent in you to escape from them.

I have escaped many times from these bites....almost got bitten. It doesn't matter if its a posh area or a slum area.....they are there...sadly, no work by the Municipal Corporation....lazy bastards......So I avoid going by bike after 9pm into any of the smaller streets. One of my friend who used to return, everyday, late night at 11 or 12, after closing his shop, had a technique to escape from them...His shop was in an area that is infested with these stray dogs. He wud just slow down and slowly race up the bike....and after a few days, the dogs understood him. They didn't bother him again. Not one bite in those years of riding late. Last about 5 years ago, I noticed, these dogs started chasing cars too....

The PETA b***ds....are more of a PITA - Pain In The Ass.

Kya chutiya life hai...office mein boss, raste mein kutte, ghar mein biwi.... kya zindagi hai.... che!!!

Last edited by Metafours; July 2nd, 2010 at 01:43 AM.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 03:57 AM
Super eCharchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metafours View Post
The PETA b***ds....are more of a PITA - Pain In The Ass.

Kya chutiya life hai...office mein boss, raste mein kutte, ghar mein biwi.... kya zindagi hai.... che!!!

Welcome to ECharcha boss