eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Science and Technology > How to

Notices

How to Stuck for an answer to "How to do .."?

Old March 18th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
All about Aadhar

All about aadhar here
share your experiences,your queries in getting the aadhar card.
Will update this thread in few days.
Old March 18th, 2013, 03:20 PM
Super eCharchan

swami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond reputeswami has a reputation beyond repute
Re: All about Aadhar

More info here https://portal.uidai.gov.in/ResidentPortal/welcomeLink
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

It is a bullshit kangressi scheme. These are facts about Aadhar card. You can independantly verify.

1. It does not prove your nationality.

2. It is not mandatory for every citizen to possess it.

3. All it takes is an address proof (BSNL telephone bill) and an id proof (drivers license) to get it. Even a Pakistani citizen in India can get an aadhar card.

4. Even the taxation office (PAN card guys) do not accept Aadhar for address proof.

5. It is very difficult to get your Aadhar card since no one knows where those enrollment centers are. There are long queues one has to stand in after you find out.

6. The Aadhar web site http://www.uidai.gov.in/ is fully shitty. I have my enrollment number since 1 month, neither do I have the card nor can I check the status there. Once I enter the enrollment details there and hit search the web site goes into an endless loop and does not return anything!

7. This is a great game played by that useless Nandan Nilekani to enter the good books of the Kangrace party and probably get a Rajya Sabha ticket. That Aadhar scheme is failing as fast as probably Infosys is today.

8. There is no clarity on how the subsidies would be distributed to citizens. For example a gas cylinder with subsidies applied costs around Rs 450 now. If Aaadhar will be getting you a subsidy amount into your bank account LATER how much will you have to pay NOW? Will you have to buy the cylinder for an unsubsidised rate of Rs 950?? Who will define LATER? Does LATER mean just before the elections? So how much bank interest will you be losing till then? What if you do not get the subsidy at all? What is the grievance redressal mechanism?

9. It has also been unearthed that many fake Aadhar cards have been created. Were these fake Aadhar's created by Kangressis to lap up the subsidies?

Last edited by viking; March 18th, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old March 18th, 2013, 07:54 PM
Senior eCharchan

Mukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond repute

In Delhi more than 90% of the public is having Aadhar card and it is made mandatory for most of the services.

But like other ID cards, getting a Aadhaar card is also difficult if you dont have other IDs like voter card, driving license etc. In Delhi they accepted letter of MLA and MPs as Identity proof and I used to get 200 to 300 letters signed from them daily.

I dont know about the procedure in other cities.
Old March 18th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Super eCharchan

I know Aadhar is just waste of time and money,but......
I see 10-15 adhaar cards in my building's letter box sent by ordinary post,I happened to see one of my neighbor's card,plain paper,dont understand how the govt expects everyone to carry it around with them after few years,I had the impression that the card would be some smart card type but.....

Yes the aadhar registration center is a big headache,you see some students there checking your application,filling them and even clicking your pictures and taking biometric details,no wonder you have so many cases of cards with wrong infos and in some cases even wrong pictures.

I have been going to aadhar center for almost once in a month for the last one year but each time I come back seeing the queue,the funniest thing being you can get forms only till 11.00 am and after that someone will check your documents to see if everything is ok next again someone will recheck it and then your details are taken.

Registration centers are not permanent,dont expect that center to be open during your next visit,not even a board to inform where it has shifted.

@ Mukesh never knew you could use elected representative's letter for id proof.
Old March 19th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Instant Mischief

Budmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond reputeBudmaas has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: All about Aadhar

What the hell is this.... ?
Daily one new card of identification..........

Pan card
Ration card
Driving licence
Passport
Electric bills
Landline telephones.
House tax receipt with number.

Are these above NOT ENOUGH......?

Old March 19th, 2013, 02:06 AM
Senior eCharchan

Mukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond reputeMukesh has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
I know Aadhar is just waste of time and money,but......
I see 10-15 adhaar cards in my building's letter box sent by ordinary post,I happened to see one of my neighbor's card,plain paper,dont understand how the govt expects everyone to carry it around with them after few years,I had the impression that the card would be some smart card type but.....

Yes the aadhar registration center is a big headache,you see some students there checking your application,filling them and even clicking your pictures and taking biometric details,no wonder you have so many cases of cards with wrong infos and in some cases even wrong pictures.

I have been going to aadhar center for almost once in a month for the last one year but each time I come back seeing the queue,the funniest thing being you can get forms only till 11.00 am and after that someone will check your documents to see if everything is ok next again someone will recheck it and then your details are taken.

Registration centers are not permanent,dont expect that center to be open during your next visit,not even a board to inform where it has shifted.

I provided them portion of my house free of cost for making aadhar card of my area and got printed more than 2000 letter heads at my own expense. Dont question me how the MP was able to sign and stamp more then 200 letters each day !!

For delivery of these cards, I instructed the postman to deliver all cards of my colony at my address. I prepared computerized list of these cards and people collected the cards from my address. By maintaining this list I now have names of all the residents and their mobile numbers

Swami, If you have problem for enrollment use this link to get an appointment and avoid the problem of standing in long queue.

And also check this link for list of valid documents with you should carry.

Last edited by Mukesh; March 20th, 2013 at 09:16 AM. Reason: corrected the last link
Old March 19th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Senior eCharchan

kkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond reputekkkk has a reputation beyond repute

If people get aadhar card, the advantage I know is that it is id as well as address proof so instead of two proofs you have to give just one. Apart from that all of what has been written above....
Old March 19th, 2013, 06:49 PM
Senior eCharchan

Aadhar not only contains your data, but also the biometric details. Your fingerprints and retina are also recorded in it.

You may have as many voter cards, driving license, ration card and other IDs but not the aadhar card. Try getting another aadhar card and they will immediately tell you that you already have one (even if you change your name, date of birth etc.)

In case of any crime they just pick the finger prints and at a click can find the person with the help of aadhar data.

They have completed only the first stage. In next stage they will make aadhar mandatory for all services and merge all your other IDs like voter card, Driving license, ATM, vehicle registration, ration card etc into it so that you need to carry only one card instead of many. This will done only after proper verification at multiple stages so that there are no ambiguities .
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Ass Kicker

viking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond reputeviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
That facility is only in Delhi, the rape capital of India. One of my collegues from Delhi said that he only had to use the bill from a bar located in his building (which is partly commericial) as address proof. That bar belonged to a ruling party politician, so that was proof enough.

In Bihar all that they require is cowdung sample from a cow tied in the hut of the applicant as address proof. This is facility was granted to Bihar when Nitish Kumar demanded special status for Bihar, by the central govt a couple of years ago.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:14 PM
Senior eCharchan

Napolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond reputeNapolean has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking View Post
That facility is only in Delhi, the rape capital of India. One of my collegues from Delhi said that he only had to use the bill from a bar located in his building (which is partly commericial) as address proof. That bar belonged to a ruling party politician, so that was proof enough.

In Bihar all that they require is cowdung sample from a cow tied in the hut of the applicant as address proof. This is facility was granted to Bihar when Nitish Kumar demanded special status for Bihar, by the central govt a couple of years ago.
In Delhi,you just have to show a proof that you raped a girl.
In Maharashtra,you just have to show proof you thrashed North Indians(Biharis in particular),
In Bihar,what you said is right.
In Haryana,you just have to prove you participated in Honour killings.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:30 PM
Ass Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napolean View Post
In Delhi,you just have to show a proof that you raped a girl.
In Maharashtra,you just have to show proof you thrashed North Indians(Biharis in particular),
In Bihar,what you said is right.
In Haryana,you just have to prove you participated in Honour killings.

Just one correction. If you share proof that you thrashed a Bihari then that is an identification that you are an MNS activist.

An IPL ticket is accepted as address proof. Sharad Pawar has issued special instructions to that effect.

Last edited by viking; March 19th, 2013 at 07:33 PM.
Old March 19th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Ass Kicker

Look what goes on in Gujarat! Incidentally people with the surname Patel are into one nefarious business or the other.

Quote:
Fake Aadhar card scam busted in Surat
TNN, Mar 17, 2013, 10.52PM IST

SURAT: Police busted a fake Aadhar card form collection unit in Mahidharpura area on Saturday. Four persons were arrested for making fake Aadhar cards and cheating people of around Rs 45,000.

Out of the four accused, two are employees of an official Aadhar card-making contract agency and were using officially provided equipments to cheat people.

Police arrested Naresh Patel, Shahid Aamdani, Tushar Narol and Salim Shaikh for allegedly running the form collection centre and collecting money from victims. They collected Rs 300 per form from the victims. Interestingly, government charges no fees for Aadhar card.

Around 150 filled up forms were recovered from the centre and police believe that the accused collected Rs 45,000 from the victims.

They claimed that they are the official agency to collect data for Aadhar card and issued form. Of the arrested accused, Patel and Aamdani are employees of an Aadhar card contract agency based in Ahmedabad but are residents of Surat. Both were posted at Indore and Ujjain. After finishing their work, the accused did not return the company's laptop and came directly to Surat. They used the laptops for cheating people. Patel and Aamdani, both resident of Surat planned the racket in association with Narol and Shaikh.

Police seized two laptops, two biometric finger print scanner, eye scanner and two web cameras. The accused were running the network in Gurukrupa apartment in Khansaheb Dela of Mahidharpura.

Patel and Narol are resident of Katargam area of the city while Aamdani is resident of Lalgate and Shaikh is resident of Rampura area of the city.

The scam came to light following a complaint by a citizen Prassanjeet Jaray, who was told that the government does not charge any fees for Aadhar cards.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/19024009.cms
Old March 19th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:

Perhaps you did not check this link given in my above post. I dont believe that bills of any type can be taken as proof of your residence.

Quote:
Look what goes on in Gujarat! Incidentally people with the surname Patel are into one nefarious business or the other.
This is because everyone wants a Aadhar card now and ready to pay extra amount to avoid long queues. Some people take advantages of the situation by making extra bucks.
Quote:
It is a bullshit kangressi scheme. These are facts about Aadhar card. You can independantly verify.

1. It does not prove your nationality.
Yes ture. It is only a proof of Identification and not of citizenship.

2. It is not mandatory for every citizen to possess it.
True. But it will mandatory for making railway reservation, opening bank account, taking gas connection etc. So if you dont need this services, you dont need a aadhar too..

3. All it takes is an address proof (BSNL telephone bill) and an id proof (drivers license) to get it. Even a Pakistani citizen in India can get an aadhar card.
True again. The purpose is to collect biometric data (finger prints and retina recordings) of all persons staying in India. Biometric data of Pakistani and Bangladesi is more important then yours and mine. The data will be verified multiple times to ensure your identity. The aadhar card issued at present is only a temporary one. The next one have chip in it.

4. Even the taxation office (PAN card guys) do not accept Aadhar for address proof.
False. They do it. In case someone not accepting it, you can complain with uidai. The Aadhar card is issued by Govt. of India and no authority and reject it,.

5. It is very difficult to get your Aadhar card since no one knows where those enrollment centers are. There are long queues one has to stand in after you find out.
True. This is because of lack of awareness among us. The centers are regularly published in local media. You can find the list at this link and you can also get an appointment using this link.

6. The Aadhar web site http://www.uidai.gov.in/ is fully shitty. I have my enrollment number since 1 month, neither do I have the card nor can I check the status there. Once I enter the enrollment details there and hit search the web site goes into an endless loop and does not return anything!
Check your enrollment slip. Your aadhar data is available on website only after 45 days. You can even download your card using your enrolment slip from this link.

7. This is a great game played by that useless Nandan Nilekani to enter the good books of the Kangrace party and probably get a Rajya Sabha ticket. That Aadhar scheme is failing as fast as probably Infosys is today.
I too hate congress more then you do.

8. There is no clarity on how the subsidies would be distributed to citizens. For example a gas cylinder with subsidies applied costs around Rs 450 now. If Aaadhar will be getting you a subsidy amount into your bank account LATER how much will you have to pay NOW? Will you have to buy the cylinder for an unsubsidised rate of Rs 950?? Who will define LATER? Does LATER mean just before the elections? So how much bank interest will you be losing till then? What if you do not get the subsidy at all? What is the grievance redressal mechanism?
I too doubt this scheme. But the scheme is still to take off. Lets see how it goes on.

9. It has also been unearthed that many fake Aadhar cards have been created. Were these fake Aadhar's created by Kangressis to lap up the subsidies?
False. It is impossible to get two aadhar cards unless you cut all your fingers and go blind. I can provide you proof where a person enrolled twice and status of his second enrollment slip says "You have already enrolled under different enrollment number.This enrollment is cancelled"
Old March 29th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Super eCharchan

Mukesh Saarji

Online appointment slots are all full,I think I will wait for a few more years to get my adhaar card.

Lagta hi adhaar se pehle passport mil jayega mujhe