eCharcha.Com   Support eCharcha.Com. Click on sponsor ad to shop online!

Advertise Here

Go Back   eCharcha.Com > Culture > Traditions and Festivals

Notices

Traditions and Festivals India's vibrant festivals and unique traditions..

Old November 7th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Do Indians not care about Diwali anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpeL View Post
that is cute. children children children.. they can think of the most inexplicable things.. one is left bemused and stumped watching it unexpectedly and later think about it a laugh.. it is only possible by those curious minds.
but they grow up so fast..........
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

well rakhi.. L x B simbul..
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Pelu Pelu

GpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond reputeGpeL has a reputation beyond repute

Not fast enuf if you ask me..

My daughter is devil incarnate. If she comes home with a wide smile, I am almost certain that ain't a smile but an idiotic grin after doing something for which I am going to be in trouble. She does it almost daily!! and I am at my wits end trying to stop new ideas from germinating in her brain but alas.. so far.. results zero.. and she is ably assited by her assistant my son, who is very ingenious at all things wrong.

I wonder if my genes have something to do with it.
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Senior eCharchan

Rakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond reputeRakhi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not fast enuf if you ask me..

My daughter is devil incarnate. If she comes home with a wide smile, I am almost certain that ain't a smile but an idiotic grin after doing something for which I am going to be in trouble. She does it almost daily!! and I am at my wits end trying to stop new ideas from germinating in her brain but alas.. so far.. results zero.. and she is ably assited by her assistant my son, who is very ingenious at all things wrong.

I wonder if my genes have something to do with it.
lol...how old is she anyway? 5-10 years?
Wonder no more; it has everything to do with you...if I am not wrong. You were 10 times worst when you were a child wernt you?
Old November 7th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Pelu Pelu

14 and the assistant 11.. I think I was ok you expect me to tell you the truth? no I am not falling for that age old trick.. but I did blow up my schools HT Transformer when I was in high school..
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
14 and the assistant 11.. I think I was ok you expect me to tell you the truth? no I am not falling for that age old trick.. but I did blow up my schools HT Transformer when I was in high school..
why would you do that?
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:11 AM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakhi View Post
why would you do that?
Well really did not think of that BEFORE...but later when it was so hot in the class rooms, no fans in summer.. realized the foolishness of it all and next time it was the wash basin.
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:13 AM
Pelu Pelu

Dunno why, but I loved loud explosions and that was what made me do it.. now I hate sound of any sort.. trust me I have once gone without speaking a word for 2 years at a stretch. Found no need to..
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
Dunno why, but I loved loud explosions and that was what made me do it.. now I hate sound of any sort.. trust me I have once gone without speaking a word for 2 years at a stretch. Found no need to..
You just were being very naughty; you were never caught?

There was once I had gone 3 weeks without saying a word but that's my maximum. 2 years...that's a LONG time.
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Pelu Pelu

Quote:
You just were being very naughty; you were never caught?

There was once I had gone 3 weeks without saying a word but that's my maximum. 2 years...that's a LONG time.
Oh I did get caught off and on.. sometimes the plans backfired you see..

As for silence even now, there are times when I go without any interaction by way or words or virtual or anything for weeks. All it needs is an idea or something for me dig my thoughts into.. sometimes my sis wonders if I have been hurt or if I am angry (children are used to it and they know I will snap out or they know how to make me snap out).
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Super eCharchan

kalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond reputekalidas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So, here is what I did on Diwali day...after downloading the pictures I realized that my LO is trying to sneak some snacks..i thought it was really cute (a mom's opinion), so sharing it .
Lovely pic...very warm and festive.
Old November 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Dead On Arrival is back

Sane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond reputeSane Less has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
who are BO's? ...

Just made/bought small quantities. So we kind of finished it all in 2 days.
BO --- opposite of LO... big 'uns... though not that way

"Kisi ne sahi kaha zindagi kutti cheez hai. You live life without a care in the world not realizing that life is building a heavy load of trash that it dumps on you one fine day, breaking your back." - saneless
Old November 7th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Pelu Pelu

BTW a bit of fusion I see in that pic..you a sambar.. your hubby sagu influenced??

If the answer is yes.. I will have another observation handy
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:33 AM
Senior eCharchan

Quote:
BTW a bit of fusion I see in that pic..you a sambar.. your hubby sagu influenced??

If the answer is yes.. I will have another observation handy
sagu influence? Didnt get what sagu is...by now you should have known I am like a tube light!
Old November 8th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Pelu Pelu

Sagu is powdered root (dried in sun first boiled I think but not sure).. root like sweet potato or something of that variety. It is sort of brownish red and folks from UP/BIHAR/ORRISA/MP use it for various sweets and as "vrath" dish a. la. sabodana khichidi and things like that.